Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• failure for lunch

Re: Another Set of APs Not Renewing

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmetal View Post
    Toon Town could be leveled or at least cut in half and added to expansion land. That's probably blaspheme to many of the traditionalists .
    I don't think too many 'traditionalists' would take issue with Disney levelling Toon Town.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

• ooooooOO!

OP, I know what you mean. Crowds definitely have the tendency to frustrate people in confined places. Walking down main street seems less magical when you have to consistently look down to avoid other's feet.

I won't be renewing my AP this year as well, but not because of the crowds (though that is a legitimate reason.) I plan on doing the DCP this Fall, and it seems redundant to buy an annual pass when I will eventually work there. I also want to take a break from Disney Resort as it was beginning to feel habitual. I know its heresy to say, but I personally feel less "magic" when I go to Disney Resort consistently. Not that I like it less, I just love the feeling of returning after a long break.

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I don't think too many 'traditionalists' would take issue with Disney levelling Toon Town.
    Which generation of traditionalist? haha I personally think that Toon Town has a lot of potential left. Roger Rabbit 2? Kingdom Hearts maybe? Epic Mickey? And now that it is the only "Mickey / cartoon land" left in the US, it only makes Disneyland (Anaheim) more unique.
    .:: ::.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Huh? averaging one ride I don't think so. Yesterday, we arrived at 6PM and left at 10PM we were able to do about 6-7 rides including fireworks.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Huh? averaging one ride I don't think so. Yesterday, we arrived at 6PM and left at 10PM we were able to do about 6-7 rides including fireworks.
    Pooh ride doesn't count!

Well written post by the OP!

I agree. The price of the AP isn't the issue. It is the crowding.

Having an AP leaves me more money to spend in the park, and between the food, beer, and random junk that I buy they are getting a lot of money from me. I went this past Saturday, it was crowded but still fun because I no longer have to get on every ride. Weekdays are where its at though.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I have a pass too and I find way for doing 10-20 attractions in 6 hours a night. Stay after fireworks the park drains of most of the guests after fireworks and Fantasmic!. You can do so much also during shows like the parade. Haunted Mansion is always emptie during Fantasmic! and smalll world has no one during the parades. Toy Story Mania has 1/2 the wait during WoC. Doing these attractions can help save time. Materhorn has no wait the last 30 minutes of the day. Fantasyland has no one also. There is no way I can crack Petter Pan though.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   

Quote Originally Posted by baliezer View Post
    . Today we went to Disneyland and finished the whole park by 11am. Went back after lunch and rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Indiana again. Left the park at 3pm.
    As a winner of the Gumball Rally a few years back, I can attest that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do EVERYTHING in Disneyland by 11:00 am. I believe we finished closer to 6pm.

We also are taking a break after May from the parks after 5 years of being a PAP. Need a break, it's all becoming to familiar to us now, and the lack of an off-season was part of the decision as well as the speculated Christmas hard-ticketed plans (which I believe they WILL do). We'll revist the idea of becoming a passholder again in a few years.... Unless those pases are over a grand by then!
    Last edited by SanDiegoAl; 01-22-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I have a pass too and I find way for doing 10-20 attractions in 6 hours a night. Stay after fireworks the park drains of most of the guests after fireworks and Fantasmic!. You can do so much also during shows like the parade. Haunted Mansion is always emptie during Fantasmic! and smalll world has no one during the parades. Toy Story Mania has 1/2 the wait during WoC. Doing these attractions can help save time. Materhorn has no wait the last 30 minutes of the day. Fantasyland has no one also. There is no way I can crack Petter Pan though.
    Get into the runners position and at rope drop go!! It should always be done at rope drop, otherwise we skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    As a winner of the Gumball Rally a few years back, I can attest that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do EVERYTHING in Disneyland by 11:00 am. I believe we finished closer to 6pm.

We also are taking a break after May from the parks after 5 years of being a PAP. Need a break, it's all becoming to familiar to us now, and the lack of an off-season was part of the decision as well as the speculated Christmas hard-ticketed plans (which I believe they WILL do). We'll revist the idea of becoming a passholder again in a few years.... Unless those pases are over a grand by then!
    We did 9 attractions before lunch. Those were the ones we picked for the day. Congrats on Gumball Rally. I would love to do that someday.
    ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

• I'm a fiddle player......

I think crowds are to be expected at DLR. Two Christmas ago, we went for 12 hours and the place was packed. We went on 1 ride and we had a GREAT time. We enjoyed the Billies, Aladdin show, and many other great Disney enetertaiment. Just a few years ago DCA was a ghost town and my favorite ride ToT would normally be 13 min but now its usually 40 or more. It sucks but I know thats its for the best with the additions of WOC, TSMM and Carsland. I find that with the crowds spread out now the pre 10am time is the best time to go and get on as many rides as you can. After that use FP or enjoy things you wouldnt normally like Tom Sawyer Island, Pooh, Mr Lincoln, the many bands and live entertaiment around DLR, etc. And remember you're an AP so you can come back.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I agree with you, poisoneapples, duckling--about the misconception that annual passholders don't spend as much money at the parks as day guests do. If anything, I believe they spend more! I believe they spend more on the collectible items that most day guests can't afford as easily, since day guests spend most of their money on park admission, food, transportation, etc., etc. After all that, day guests don't often seem to have as much money left over to buy the collectible items that annual passholders do.
    thank you ORDDU!

and don't forget the money for hotel that a visitor has to spend,where as a AP holder doesn't, and if they do they get a discount..yah i don't know about anyone else but i don't average 1 ride per visit,i get all the rides in i want, it's probably a max of like 6 rides. Even on the busiest days maybe 4 or 5 but i always make the best of it

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Huh? averaging one ride I don't think so.
    You think he’s lying?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Not all AP's are locals. For some AP's, it means they are trying to get the most number of days for the purchase of their pass. Crowds can definitely put a damper on a person's trip, if they can't ride the rides they want, or if perchance entertainment is cancelled like Fantasmic, for instance.

I will become an Annual Passholder for the first time when I visit in 3 days. I upgraded to that idea when my 6 day trip became a 10 day trip. A lot of that decision was made for me when Disneyland decided not to offer parkhoppers past 5 days. I am also planning another trip in October, so I'll get 14 days at Disneyland probably for the cost of the pass.

Some Annual passholders have to plan a lot of things in order to visit Disneyland during different times of the years. Not being locals, they do have to worry about crowds, and hotel prices, and parade and firework schedules, and closures, and weather, and a lot of other things.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

I can understand (1) ride, if the ride is RSR.
    Don't get FP. Get there when it opens stand in line (2) hours, ride breaks down just as you get to front of line. Take a break and go get soda and popcorn, walk back to find ride open. get in line with another (2) hour wait, again ride breaks down just as you get to the front of the line, go have lunch. Come back get into (2) hour line again. Ride does not break down, go on ride after 6-7 hours of being at the park.
    See (1) ride only....

We're actually in San Diego at the moment, so it's definitely a little bit of a trip every time. About the 1 ride thing, it mostly boils down to not wanting to wait in 40 minute lines for every ride. If we walk by Pirates and it's backed up like that, then we usually just resign ourselves to not wanting to wait for anything. Fastpass is usually the only way we will try to get a ride or two in. But a lot of the time we'd rather leave by 7 or 8 to go eat somewhere.

Which leads me to the whole "APs don't spend money". It's just a comment I've read in a few different places and some people are thoroughly subscribed to that idea. I can tell you that for us, we will buy a meal in the park every visit or two and we've definitely bought our fill of merch over the past year. So it's not an all inclusive comment for every single pass holder. Just a passing reference to a semi-common opinion.

It's hard to plan weekday visits since I'm in the Navy and it's tougher to take time off like that. It could be entirely on us having a lack of patience for ANY kind of waiting. For the most part, a Disneyland Annual Pass just isn't the right kind of investment for where we are in life right now and for what we've come to expect out of Disneyland.

It will probably be really refreshing to lay off the Magic for a year or two. I'm not openly blaming Disney for any of MY problems with the park. But it's obviously a mismatch right now and we'll just have to accept there are irreconcilable differences right now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast