Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Another Set of APs Not Renewing

Overcrowding inside the parks isn't just an impact from CarsLand, it's been like that for years.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Overcrowding inside the parks isn't just an impact from CarsLand, it's been like that for years.
    ^ This

also

(get rid of the payment plan and watch the numbers become a lot more manageable)

• world class bilge rat

I don't have an AP, but the one and only reason I visit once a year instead of 3 or 4 times is the crowds.

If DL wants to thin out the crowds, they should seriously consider getting rid of the monthly payment plan instead of raising the price of an AP.

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I don't think that Disney hates APers, and are trying to get ride of them as they represent a steady stream of revenue, and the more they can charge, the more they will charge.

exactly, i really do not understand why the topic of disney wanting to get rid of annual pass holders comes up. If this was true then why do they keep airing commercials over and over in almost every station for the last couple months about annual passes. They even talk about the payment plan.

I also do not think they are ignoring annual passholders since this new gimmicky promotion about bringing back old shows and expierences is really geared toward adding osmething new for passholders. I doubt that it is geared towards the regular guests which most likely know little about them

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Between the ever increasing prices on AP's and tickets in general and the constant crowding, I chose not to renew this past November.

As being non-local, most do depend on extra days off around a holiday weekend, that is pretty much just a given. If I lived locally there would have been many times that I would've happily taken a day off during the week and enjoy the parks.

So for me a whole lot more goes into planning a Disney trip since it isn't just a day trip for me. Time, hotel cost, gas cost or airfare cost or both, food cost, entertainment only running on the weekend unless its the summertime or holidays time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Only the suits know the reasons behind what they do. They must have some kind of idea of how much they think each guest on any given day spends their money, regardless of what type of admission got them into the parks.

I have one day before I am there, and purchasing, my very first ever annual pass. The most I will spend each day is a few meals in the parks. If I see a cute hat, I might splurge on that, and I almost always buy the photo CD.

Will I stay an annual passholder. Maybe. Maybe not. That depends on how many days I am likely to squeeze into one trip. I had a hard time packing a 10 night trip into a carryon suitcase, so I'm thinking smaller trips will work better for me in the future.

For everyone that decides not to renew, I am sure Disney is counting on someone like me coming along.

It basically comes down to the math.

I always get a chuckle out of anyone who complains about crowds, whether it is a Disneyland, or the grocery store or the local Target during the holiday season.

To me it always sounds like "How dare anyone else have the exact same idea I did!"

As someone who only gets to go to Disneyland for one Saturday every couple of years, the magic is super present for me and my family always has a great trip full of memories. So like others are saying, maybe taking some time away will make the heart grow fonder, and the tolerance for crowds grow stronger.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband hates crowds. We live in Chicago, with millions of other people, and yet my husband will always complain about how many cars there are on the road when we are out driving someplace.

When I am in the parks, I have a limit of how long I will wait for a ride. That has more to do with my age, and quite frankly how often I might have to find a bathroom, than it does with the crowds.

If something has too long a wait, and I just head into a different direction, because there's always a lot more things to do.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Meaning no offence, but I have to laugh at the comment

So, it's been a pretty good deal in that regard. We've been to the parks between 15-20 timess this year.
    You have been 15-20 times and you are complaining that it is crowded? You realize that it is crowded because 1000's of Ap's are going 15-20 times a year right?

It is like a crazy Disney paradox that people do not get

AP likes not busy park -> goes more -> makes park busy -> complains that Disney is too crowded cause to many APs.

• No Disassemble!

I really dislike that premium passes went up 30% this go-round. As someone who has the premium pass mostly for the discounts I don't see the value anymore in it since paying more for the pass means paying for less food & merch during my visits.

For the last two years the park's capacity has been swelling on days where all other annual passes are blocked out so again no value there anymore either and my sincere empathy goes out to the OP in this regard. The ability to go on the holidays used to be a nice perk but recently horrible guest control has resulted in the park seeming much more crowded than it really is. And the biggest kick to the groin for me personally is the lack of reasonable on property hotel discounts for APs. For example, an off-season AP room at the Disneyland Hotel in 2011 went for about $190 for a weekend-night. In 2012 a room on that same date was $280 and hit nearly $450 on the holidays!

So based on all the above I'm really confused as to why I should stay with the premium. According to the Disneyland web site it's really just for the 365 days of visits you get but as many of us on this very thread can attest to it's not worth the 30% increase. Unless you're getting club 33 access with it.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Sock Puppet

For the last two years the park's capacity has been swelling on days where all other annual passes are blocked out so again no value there anymore either and my sincere empathy goes out to the OP in this regard. The ability to go on the holidays used to be a nice perk but recently horrible guest control has resulted in the park seeming much more crowded than it really is.
    wait! its' only crowded cause people are going more often then before, with all the changes to DCA people want to see it!! So the increase in foot traffic is much more then before.

And the biggest kick to the groin for me personally is the lack of reasonable on property hotel discounts for APs. For example, an off-season AP room at the Disneyland Hotel in 2011 went for about $190 for a weekend-night. In 2012 a room on that same date was $280 and hit nearly $450 on the holidays!
    well.. economy got horrible, and price and demand went up.

So based on all the above I'm really confused as to why I should stay with the premium. According to the Disneyland web site it's really just for the 365 days of visits you get but as many of us on this very thread can attest to it's not worth the 30% increase. Unless you're getting club 33 access with it
    it is for 365 days of the year. I am not going to attest that it's not worth the 30% increase, i make good use of my PAP, and so therefore the increase is money well spent for me. I feel as a PAP holder i get way more then expected with my pass like the discounts on special events, hotels and events, etc.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    wait! its' only crowded cause people are going more often then before, with all the changes to DCA people want to see it!! So the increase in foot traffic is much more then before.
    Good point Poisonedapples. I think I speak more for the PAP holders who have enjoyed years and years of access to near dead attendance numbers. DCA 2.0 and other recent promotions have certainly given the casual guest reasons to purchase a single or 2-fer pass but it's at the cost of what PAP holders once considered a huge perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    well.. economy got horrible, and price and demand went up.
    Very true but when the prices were really low I thought that Disney had a great formula going for APs which is, why pay for a room at the Hilton, Hyatt, or Marriott when for $20-$40 bucks more a night I could stay on property. As of today the prices for most off property hotels remain very low while Disney nearly doubled the price. I understand that more tourists are occupying the hotels but why increase the price of rooms for APs when they otherwise will end up unoccupied or sold to travel agencies for a loss. And most importantly the price hasn't gone up due to some improvement in service or an advancement in hotel amenities, it's just up because of the privilege to be that much closer to Cars-land (also why GCH AP discount prices are up nearly 60% from last year).
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123