Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Blue Sky Cellar-Fantasy Faire Tour

While at the park on Monday, a friendly Castmember named Chase was doing CM orientations for the new show and he invited everyone to join in.

Link: Blue Sky Cellar-Fantasy Faire - YouTube

Does this video help explain the cellar and where the Fantasy Faire is going?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Closed Account

Re: Blue Sky Cellar-Fantasy Faire Tour

So Walt WANTED Meet n Greets? HILARIOUS......

• I'm a Lutheran

I very much like the details being added here. Figaro and the Clopin puppet are fantastic ideas, as is the Maurice-themed snack cart. Very reminiscent of Florida's new Fantasyland which I also like very much.

As for using Walt as justification for the controversy...they might as well have not even mentioned it, it's just going to create more controversy. I mean, they could have at least mentioned it being Walt's favorite land and his desire to expand it, but not saying the Fantasy Faire is exactly what he wanted. But who knows, it'd be ironic if this is actually what he wanted and this idea was hidden in the archives since the 60's haha.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Disneyland 19 year APH

So this was the second tour he gave. He gave me a personal tour (with another CM) about 2 minutes before. He did not like the fact that I refered to the Fantasyland Expantion. Also the idea about the cave was simular to Pairs one.

• ~

"Because Disney princesses have never been more popular than they are today!"

Geez Disney, I wonder whose design that was. And I'm not going to even touch the subject of using Walt as a justification for this.

I'll admit that I really do like some of the details here. That Tangled tower sounds really awesome, I love the Clopin music box idea (his character has always been one of my personal favorites, I just find him delightfully interesting), the birds singing Disney songs is a lovely idea, and I really love how everything sounds very well-crafted, spirited, and simply fun-- and that they are focusing on a variety of Disney tales and characters instead of solely princesses. That's nice. I still really don't like the location or the fact that it's just a meet-and-greet on steroids, but I think that I'll personally have a fun time exploring the final product. I'm not necessarily excited for it, but I don't completely hate the concept. There's some good stuff here. I mean, I can't deny that hearing some of the details and the characters that will be brought in really does awaken my inner child and bring a smile to my face. I just wish that it was further back behind the castle somewhere since I really don't think its location is appropriate. That's really my main gripe.

Thanks for the video.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

He also refered to in the first tour that they doing this way so that way if the princesses fall out of fame then they can just change out one princesses for some other one. Also Rapunzel will be doing the same format of show and then meet and great. I would not blame the CM for the tour style because he has to do a positive look on the company. I am wondering what will become of Blue Sky Cellar after Fantasy Faire opens what will be previewed in there? This meens will be having an anouncment coming up soon, right?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    "Because Disney princesses have never been more popular than they are today!"

Geez Disney, I wonder whose design that was. And I'm not going to even touch the subject of using Walt as a justification for this.
    I thought the same thing. I think he should have said that the princesses have never been as heavily marketed as they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I'll admit that I really do like some of the details here. That Tangled tower sounds really awesome, I love the Clopin music box idea (his character has always been one of my personal favorites, I just find him delightfully interesting), the birds singing Disney songs is a lovely idea, and I really love how everything sounds very well-crafted, spirited, and simply fun-- and that they are focusing on a variety of Disney tales and characters instead of solely princesses. That's nice. I still really don't like the location or the fact that it's just a meet-and-greet on steroids, but I think that I'll personally have a fun time exploring the final product. I'm not necessarily excited for it, but I don't completely hate the concept. There's some good stuff here. I mean, I can't deny that hearing some of the details and the characters that will be brought in really does awaken my inner child and bring a smile to my face. I just wish that it was further back behind the castle somewhere since I really don't think its location is appropriate. That's really my main gripe.
    Excellent post. I agree, this thing should look great, I just wish they would have put it in Fantasyland instead of on Main Street.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Back in Black

I understand why people would be upset with the placement of the new stuff, but honestly? The Hub isn't Main Street to me. Its the Hub. I mean, if the new stuff doesn't belong there, we should probably cover up the entrances to Adventureland, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland... And just rip out Snow White's Wishing Well. All of THAT is on "Main Street"...
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    He also refered to in the first tour that they doing this way so that way if the princesses fall out of fame then they can just change out one princesses for some other one.
    Just like a shelf at WalMart -- out with the old merch, in with the new.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am planning on being in DCA on Saturday, so Ill try and check this out in Blue Sky Cellar. I am hoping to be able to check out the actual thing when I return to Disneyland this October. In the meantime, I am still forming my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Considering that there were no meet & greets when Walt built Disneyland, that comment is pretty ludicrous.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post
    I understand why people would be upset with the placement of the new stuff, but honestly? The Hub isn't Main Street to me. Its the Hub. I mean, if the new stuff doesn't belong there, we should probably cover up the entrances to Adventureland, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland... And just rip out Snow White's Wishing Well. All of THAT is on "Main Street"...
    This has all been covered before, but the entrances to other lands are just that, transitions and entrances, just as the castle bridge is a transition and the castle is the entrance to Fantasyland. The Hub is also known as the Central Plaza and housed the Plaza Inn, Plaza Pavilion, and the Plaza Gardens. All have been listed as food venues for Main Street.

The wishing well is just that, a wishing well and would not be out of place in a turn-of-the-century town even if one were to consider that part of Main Street as well.

The Fantasy Faire, Pixie Hollow, and the Rocket Ships, however could not fit equally within their respective lands or on Main Street and are thus an intrusion on to the theme.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So it isn't perfect. I wonder what a person would answer if I asked, the question:

At what point in time was Disneyland absolutely perfect as far as theme?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Considering that there were no meet & greets when Walt built Disneyland, that comment is pretty ludicrous.
    Sadly, it's typical of the distorted history and self-serving groupthink that abounds in the Eisger regime. Another example of how Disney cynically exploits its founder without having the slightest understanding of his vision or philosophy.

And no, it isn't a case of a misinformed Cast Member: this kind of garbage descends from the top, and has been trickling down for years.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    So it isn't perfect. I wonder what a person would answer if I asked, the question:

At what point in time was Disneyland absolutely perfect as far as theme?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast