Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland hotels- help!

Hello fellow lovers of disneyland,
    I am going to Disneyland the end of feb for four days with my husband and two children (4 and 2). I'm having a hard time deciding where to stay, I'm torn between the idea of a nicer hotel and using the shuttle service (either Marriott or Hyatt ) or doing a super close hotel like the tropicana or Howard Johnson where we could walk? I will have a stroller and want to know what will be easiest and if the close hotels are nice enough to enjoy four nights in. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks so much!

• The doctor is in

Re: Disneyland hotels- help!

Personally I would choose an across the street hotel. I stayed at a Ramada across the street last year and I swore to never do anything else in the future. Most, if not all, offer continental breakfasts and the fact that you are so close to the walkway to the parks is a big plus.

I stayed at Paradise Pier when I went for my birthday and I think the walk from the Ramada was not only easier but it was much closer. I'd rather cross the street than trek through Downtown Disney.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Disney Obsessed

I love the down town disney walk... we usually stop by jamba juice to get a morning smoothie, yum! And sometimes we just hope that monorail! But my trek is far further than that, I usually stay on Katella, and stay at those hotels.

• The doctor is in

The walk through DTD in the morning isn't bad, but walking through during the day or in the evening can be taxing because it gets so crowded. You also have the stupid teenagers who go just to hang out.

• Mistress of Evil

We prefer across the street on Harbor as well. We usually stay at HoJo's or the Marriott Fairfield Inn.

• I'm a fiddle player......

I would stay at one of the close hotels on Harbor. I think with two little ones its a lot easier. I know the shuttles are pretty nice but at the end of long day and the little ones are asleep, the shuttle may be packed or you miss the shuttle and have to wait another hour for the next one. At the end of the day its nice to have the hotel right there.
    The Trop is nice and clean and close and in the morning has a decent cont breakfast. The Hojo is a little nicer and if you get lucky and the weathers warm the water playground is awesome.

• Selfie Expert

I always stay at the Ana Bella. It's nice and a very easy walk. We cut through the Grand Californian and come out at Sephora in Downtown, so you only walk through a portion of it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

I think my favorite is the Camelot Inn, right across the street on Harbor Blvd. It was close enough that I was able to carry my 5-year-old daughter from Rivers of America to the hotel on my shoulders (when she fell asleep there.) And I'm not a physically strong person.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    We prefer across the street on Harbor as well. We usually stay at HoJo's or the Marriott Fairfield Inn.
    Fairfield Inn, may be ok. It's a crappy Fairfield, but it you want to avoid the independents it's the go to close location.

Quote Originally Posted by Devancamille View Post
    (either Marriott or Hyatt )
    If you mean the Marriot by the convention center, pick something else, it's not very good for a Marriot. I prefer the Hilton across the street if I get a great rate.

We have always stayed at the Grand Californian, but on our last visit we decided to try something a little more affordable. We stayed at the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and Mini Suites. It is right across the street from the main entrance.... a 5 minute walk. I thought it was a great motel. Nothing fancy, but close to DLand and clean. The breakfast wasn't too bad either.

Most times in the past I've stayed at the Ramada maingate at the park, but my last two trips the Tropicana Inn was cheaper so I chose them. Both of them I've had no problems with at all. Ramada is a bit further away but free parking.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• Disneyland 19 year APH

If you are not going to stay on site (DL Hotel or Grand California) than stay across the street. Don't pick Hyatt. They gave me a hard to time last time I was there
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• The doctor is in

I liked the Ramada Maingate. The only downside is that there was no elevator. Having to walk a weeks worth of luggage up two flights of stairs kinda sucked. They had a good breakfast, though. The front desk people are real helpful as well.

Hotel Menage is very nice and it is walking disntance. I have a contact there that may be able to give you a good deal.
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

We recently stayed in the Anaheim Sheraton and it was wonderful. They have their own private shuttle service at no additional cost, runs at 15 minute intervals. We never waited more than 5 minutes. The accommodations are nice, and the hotel has a nice castle theme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast