Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: has anyone else noticed this in tower of terror

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    If I'm not mistaken there is also an awesome reference to the "Little Girl Lost" episode (complete with screams for help) in the upstairs part of the queue in the boiler room as well.
    Are you talking about the voice behind the out-of-place wall in the upstairs queue? Yeah, that one is my favorite! Whenever I have the chance, I like to listen for the voice behind the wall. I tell my friends to do it too, but they all get freaked out and get furious at me. It's not like it's a real girl behind the wall *shrug*

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Are you talking about the voice behind the out-of-place wall in the upstairs queue? Yeah, that one is my favorite! Whenever I have the chance, I like to listen for the voice behind the wall. I tell my friends to do it too, but they all get freaked out and get furious at me. It's not like it's a real girl behind the wall *shrug*
    Yep! That is what I am talking about. From the "Little Girl Lost" episode!

If I'm not mistaken there is also an awesome reference to the "Little Girl Lost" episode (complete with screams for help) in the upstairs part of the queue in the boiler room as well.
    You are absolutely correct. It's the chalk door outline that acts as a portal to the fifth dimension. No one seems to realize that same reference has existed at the DHS tower since day one - though there it can be found in the exit hallway between the ride's unload doors and the photo preview area. It's on the wall on the left behind one of the exit waiting area's benches.

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by createamations View Post
    You are absolutely correct. It's the chalk door outline that acts as a portal to the fifth dimension. No one seems to realize that same reference has existed at the DHS tower since day one - though there it can be found in the exit hallway between the ride's unload doors and the photo preview area. It's on the wall on the left behind one of the exit waiting area's benches.
    I've only had the chance to enjoy the Tower of Terror here at DCA, but just looking online at all of the Towers there seems to be a pretty decent amount of props/homages to the show episodes. It's that awesome Disney touch as usual, but I think that just because the Twilight Zone is one of my favorite series it makes it that much cooler for me.

I've only had the chance to enjoy the Tower of Terror here at DCA, but just looking online at all of the Towers there seems to be a pretty decent amount of props/homages to the show episodes. It's that awesome Disney touch as usual, but I think that just because the Twilight Zone is one of my favorite series it makes it that much cooler for me.
    I agree with you - I am a Twilight Zone fan as well, though my situation is a bit more unique. I became such a fan of the attraction when I was younger that I started watching The Twilight Zone *because* of the ride. In any case, today I'm a big fan of both, and have seen every episode. There are indeed quite a few nods between the Towers, many of which an average person might even miss - which, I think, makes it even cooler.

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Yes, you are supposed to be in the boiler room of an old hotel - all the more reason why the furnace should not appear to have a cartoon spooky face formed by its doors. Look at the furnace in the original Tower of Terror. It looks like a furnace.

The furnace in DCA's Tower looks a lot more like this:

Attachment 26739

By comparison:

Attachment 26740
    DCA

Attachment 26741
    DHS

See what I mean?

Thanks for posting those pics, I didnt think that it was intentional, but compared to DHS, clearly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRFoodie911 View Post
    Thanks for posting those pics, I didnt think that it was intentional, but compared to DHS, clearly it is.
    Not a problem!

Don't get me wrong - I don't *know* if it was intentional or not, but at the end of the day, it is the result that we have to live with forever. It's honestly just one of the things that irks me about the DCA Tower. Some of it is getting design nit-picky thanks to background experience I have in that field (not with Disney, but in other parks) - I hate how brightly colored the lighting gels are in the DCA ride; it's another thing that lends to the sort of cartoony departure from realism it has. I bugs me how they altered Mark Silverman's v/o for the DCA version. (Knowing him personally) he was directed to "sound more scary" even though that's NOT how Rod Serling sounded, and then to top it off, the altered it even further digitally after he recorded it. WHY would you want to make it sound LESS like Rod Serling? Another simple-to-fix-but-not-getting-fixed thing that drives me nuts there is that it feels like all the faux-cobwebs are only shot as high as can be reached by a common ladder. Look around the next time you're inside - rarely do they go to the ceiling like they do in DHS. It's not a natural reflection of a building that fell into disrepair; it's a reflection of halloween decorations. Note - of all my complaints I'm not whining about the most common thing - the lack of the 5th dimension scene. Sure, I like much more that it exists in the DHS version, but I can ACCEPT that changes in ride experience are a good thing. Living near one resort (WDW) I like finding subtle nuances that vary from resort to resort in major attractions. Subtle nuances are great - but sloppy design is not.

To be clear - I'm not meaning any offense to anyone who *does* like The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure. I'm simply trying to articulate why I personally do not.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    I didn't know about this!! I'm rarely in the upstairs queue, though, but next time I am I'm going to make sure I find this. Thanks!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Dead men tell no tales.

Anyone ever notice that in the pre-show, the little girl is singing " It's raining, it's pouring. The old man is snoring" as her and her nanny enter the elevator. Later on, when you see the five disappeared hotel guests in their ghostly form in the hallway, you can hear the little girl singing that song again? It's very faint and short but it's there.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I think I've noticed just about every reference to anything on DCA Tower. I've ridden the thing about 1000 times, no joke.

My favorite is the Little Lost Girl chalk door/wall, the Incredible Mystic Seer napkin holder from the episode 'Nick of Time' and the envelope with Rod's name on it from the episode "A world of his own"

• MaliBOOMer

It bugs me how they altered Mark Silverman's v/o for the DCA version. (Knowing him personally) he was directed to "sound more scary" even though that's NOT how Rod Serling sounded, and then to top it off, the altered it even further digitally after he recorded it. WHY would you want to make it sound LESS like Rod Serling?
    Because well at least in my opinion it makes the ride better. The DHS narration is cheesy, in my opinion the DCA narration not just the sound of the voice but the actual content is way more intense. I think that and the mirror more than make up for the lack of the fifth dimension scene making the ride better.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Because well at least in my opinion it makes the ride better. The DHS narration is cheesy, in my opinion the DCA narration not just the sound of the voice but the actual content is way more intense. I think that and the mirror more than make up for the lack of the fifth dimension scene making the ride better.
    It makes the ride a less authentic experience.

i never noticed that! will have to check it out when we go in may! thanks for sharing! has anyone ever noticed the black lights in monsters inc. ( the room where boo is hitting randall on the head) they make the person next to you look like a monster! turns your eyes green and makes your face look like a zombie! my wife won't even look at me in that room! lol

• Minion

Reading this thread is tiring! I'm not sure the OP intended for a debate as to which TOT is better lol. I love the little nod to Mickey Mouse in the film. The TOT has so much themeing its quite amazing!

Here is my two cents on the major differences between the TOT in Florida and the one here in California. The two have a very different feel. IMO I feel that when I'm in Florida I'm in an abandoned hotel and in a boiler room that hasn't been used in ages. When I'm in the California counterpart, I feel that the hotel has come back to life. The boiler room is running once again, the radio at the desk tries to pick up an old radio station, but you don't get any reception in The Twilight Zone.
    Jeff Wayne

• Back in Black

I curious now...

What are the other Twilight Zone references that appear in the queue and/or ride? I'm admittedly not all that familiar with The Twilight Zone (I had a run-in with the Ventriloquist episode when I was a kid that kept me away until recently), but I'd be curious to have some kind of link to motivate me to watch them!

What and where might they be?
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast