Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

has anyone else noticed this in tower of terror

I went this past holiday weekend and during the tower of terror pre show i realized the little girl is holding a mickey doll, i felt pretty proud of myself because i have never seen anything about this

• Selfie Expert

Re: has anyone else noticed this in tower of terror

Don't they zoom out from it? Maybe not.

Anyway, yes, I have seen it. It's always exciting to find hidden mickeys!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• ~

Yeah, I've seen that before. Fun little Easter egg.

On the subject of noticing little things on Tower of Terror, who else has noticed how the furnace in the boiler room looks like a giant face? Yeah, I'm sure that most other people have noticed that before, but it's such an ingenious little design-- how something like a simple furnace grows morphs into a sinister face with blazing eyes that looks like it wants to devour your soul. I love it.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that before. Fun little Easter egg.

On the subject of noticing little things on Tower of Terror, who else has noticed how the furnace in the boiler room looks like a giant face? Yeah, I'm sure that most other people have noticed that before, but it's such an ingenious little design-- how something like a simple furnace grows morphs into a sinister face with blazing eyes that looks like it wants to devour your soul. I love it.
    I haven't noticed that! I'm going to make sure to look at it this time. Maybe someone has a pic?!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

[QUOTEYeah, I've seen that before. Fun little Easter egg.

On the subject of noticing little things on Tower of Terror, who else has noticed how the furnace in the boiler room looks like a giant face? Yeah, I'm sure that most other people have noticed that before, but it's such an ingenious little design-- how something like a simple furnace grows morphs into a sinister face with blazing eyes that looks like it wants to devour your soul. I love it. ][/QUOTE]

Yes to the doll, and yes to the face!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

This is the only shot I have right now, and it's from an angle. You can kind of see the face of the furnace, though.

DCA- Tower of Terror- queue by kerry richardson, on Flickr
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

That furnace has always driven me nuts! The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is hands down one of my favorite attractions in the entire world - yet over in Disney California Adventure, things like this really detract from the experience for me. I always felt like the furnace belonged more in Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin than the Hollywood Tower Hotel!

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Quote Originally Posted by createamations View Post
    That furnace has always driven me nuts! The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is hands down one of my favorite attractions in the entire world - yet over in Disney California Adventure, things like this really detract from the experience for me. I always felt like the furnace belonged more in Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin than the Hollywood Tower Hotel!
    Really?, I was looking at it on Saturday and I thought it was good theming since you are supposed to be in the basement of the hotel, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRFoodie911 View Post
    Really?, I was looking at it on Saturday and I thought it was good theming since you are supposed to be in the basement of the hotel, I like it.
    Yes, you are supposed to be in the boiler room of an old hotel - all the more reason why the furnace should not appear to have a cartoon spooky face formed by its doors. Look at the furnace in the original Tower of Terror. It looks like a furnace.

The furnace in DCA's Tower looks a lot more like this:

Name:  2866091392_991a7e8e3a.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  152.0 KB

By comparison:

Name:  5427067276_b750bafbc4_z.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  171.8 KB
    DCA

Name:  furnace.jpg
Size:  189.9 KB
    DHS

See what I mean?

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Except for that face, most of the boiler equipment in DCA's Tower came from an actual condemned building in San Diego. I don't know about DHS' Tower, but many of the boiler room equipment in DCA's is authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Except for that face, most of the boiler equipment in DCA's Tower came from an actual condemned building in San Diego. I don't know about DHS' Tower, but many of the boiler room equipment in DCA's is authentic.
    Same in DHS, yes. It's all authentic, old boiler equipment.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I never knew about this so I did a search on Google. Thanks. Here is a better view:

Disney's California Adventure: Hollywood Tower of Terror | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• ~

Yes, you are supposed to be in the boiler room of an old hotel - all the more reason why the furnace should not appear to have a cartoon spooky face formed by its doors. Look at the furnace in the original Tower of Terror. It looks like a furnace.

The furnace in DCA's Tower looks a lot more like this:

Name:  2866091392_991a7e8e3a.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  152.0 KB

By comparison:

Name:  5427067276_b750bafbc4_z.jpg
Size:  171.8 KB
    DCA

Name:  furnace.jpg
Size:  189.9 KB
    DHS

See what I mean?
    Interesting-- so it really was designed to look like a face. I don't know if the final product is "too cartoony", but comparing the pictures, DHS' version definitely looks more authentic and realistic. Like I said, I kind of like the way that an everyday object becomes something so sinister, morphing into a demonic face, but looking at the DHS version of the furnace, I wish they could have used a similar design and been a little more subtle with the creation of the face. I still like it, but the detail in that third photo is just impeccable with all the realistic brick work and dusty, dingy metal, it really conveys a feeling that's more loyal to the attraction's old, creepy, abandoned premise, and I can see why one would greatly prefer it to DCA's furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I don't know if the final product is "too cartoony",
    See- therein lies my problem with it - there shouldn't be *any* amount of "cartoony" in that attraction. It's supposed to be a very real place. Cartoon absolutely belongs in other attractions - and I love that style - but when used in the proper setting. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is not one of them.

• Parking Lot > DCA

If I'm not mistaken there is also an awesome reference to the "Little Girl Lost" episode (complete with screams for help) in the upstairs part of the queue in the boiler room as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast