Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• California Adventurer...

Cancel Annual Pass

I'm currently paying for the month by month deluxe annual pass, just renewed two weeks ago, and recent financial issues have come up and I need to eliminate all expenses that aren't absolutely vital. Is there any way I can cancel my pass and stop paying the month by month? I have a strong suspicion the answer is going to be "no you are in a binding contract with Disney and agreed to pay the full price" but I'm just hoping there's some way to get out of it as I am really in a pickle here.

Can anybody help?

•   

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Re: Cancel Annual Pass

I think you can, actually. Call and ask.

Fluffy Club Member

I would think not. It's not a monthly subscription, it's just different financing. It seems like it would cheat the system. Have you visited the parks yet since you've renewed? I'm thinking maybe you would be able to if you haven't, but I'm 99% sure you won't be allowed to. Call and ask.

You could get a prepaid credit card. Switch your AP contract to that card, then withdraw all funds from that card so your AP will default.

• Parking Lot > DCA

OP please let us know how this turns out!

Um, no, that's terrible advice, as is using a pre-paid credit card.

In either case, Disney will absolutely simply hand the debt over to a collections agency in due time.

Call and explain the situation to Disney. Maybe you can get out of it, maybe not. In any case, do not use a pre-paid debit card and do not simply stop paying unless you want Disney to sell your debt to a collections agency down the road. Disney will have five years to collect, so it can come at any time.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    You could get a prepaid credit card. Switch your AP contract to that card, then withdraw all funds from that card so your AP will default.
    There's some sound advice.

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Yeah, don't default on you AP. That won't help you at all.

I don't think you'll be able to cancel your AP, but if you call and explain your situation they might be able to work out an alternative payment schedule- maybe reduce your monthly payment (which means it'll take longer to pay it off obviously), or they might be able to move your next payment(s) to the following month(s) (meaning it would take an additional month to pay it off).

One of my friends works in the ticket booths, and said that stuff like this comes up sometimes. If I'm not mistaken they have made changes to monthly payments plans when it was necessary. But as you suspected, you did sign a legally-binding contract and you will have to pay the full price of the AP. So do call them and see if there's anything they can do. Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.
    Last edited by disney4me2001; 01-23-2013 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• Blew By You

Some other suggestions:
    Go to Disneyland and talk with Costumer Services. Person to person talk could be more beneficial that phone conversation.
    Borrow some money from a relative or friend. It ain't pretty but a relative/friend will be more leinent than Disney.
    Find out how much more you'll need to payoff the year, and write down a budget and get it paid off.
    And keep a positive attitude about this. The times today are crazy and a tad scary. Your situation will improve.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Creative ways to be sneaky and default on one's obligations is never the answer. There are plenty of honest ways to solve this problem.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I am number 4 of 999

I wasn't having financial issues, but the subject of not needing my Annual Pass a few weeks after renewing came up for me and I was told, "no you are in a binding contract with Disney and agreed to pay the full price". So, that was that.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Best thing to do is call right away since it has only been two weeks but it might be dificult to cancel it.

A friend of mine passed away in November, i handled all his finances after his death and one of them was to call Disney and let them know that he had passed away and that he had a pass on monthly payments.
    Obviously it would have be difficult to go after him with a collection agency but i was told that the contract could not be cancelled and was advice that who ever was in charge of his estate would be responsible.

they did offer to transfer the pass to another name as long as the balance was paid in full.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Best thing to do is call right away since it has only been two weeks but it might be dificult to cancel it.

A friend of mine passed away in November, i handled all his finances after his death and one of them was to call Disney and let them know that he had passed away and that he had a pass on monthly payments.
    Obviously it would have be difficult to go after him with a collection agency but i was told that the contract could not be cancelled and was advice that who ever was in charge of his estate would be responsible.

they did offer to transfer the pass to another name as long as the balance was paid in full.

You wouldn't be responsible personally. If there is money in the estate, all debt (including the AP) must be paid before any legatees get any money. But if your friend left insufficient funds to pay all his debts, then the debtors just 'eat' the debt. You, as the executor, are NOT liable to pay the debts out of your own personal finances. Unfortunately, most debtors are only interested in getting their money, no matter what they have to say to get it! I would hate to think Disney was like that.

I'm sure that's what you meant, but I just want to be sure. We had an unfortunate circumstance where a debtor tried to tell us that we, as executors, were PERSONALLY responsible for the debt of a deceased relative who pretty much died broke and didn't leave enough money to pay off his outstanding debts. We were advised by an attorney that this was not true unless we had taken money out of his estate while he still had outstanding debt.

To the OP; if Disney won't cancel your AP, maybe you can discuss the possibility of 'deferring' it for a set period of time during which it would be suspended. Hopefully, your circumstances may improve.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Sock Puppet

Annual Passports FAQ | Disneyland Resort

they will know it's a prepaid and they don't accept those

Annual Passports Terms & Conditions | FAQ | Disneyland Resort

i'd call them if i were you about your questions Annual Passholder Hotline at (714) 781-4567..because the monthly payment plan is a contract and they may make you pay the rest of the balance off.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

We were told the same thing when my mom died.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast