Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Restaurant/Food help needed!

Inside of Disneyland I would say:

Best Restaurants

Cafe Orleans - Reservations, often same day available.
    Blue Bayou - Reservations, not sure how far in advance you need them this time of year.
    French Market (I like it because it is convenient) - I had a great chicken caesar salad there last time I went, and you can often catch some Jazz music being played. It is cafeteria style and I had an unbelievably good coffin cake during the yearly Haunted Mansion Holiday promotion.

Snacks

Harbor Galley (Near where the Mark Twain is being refurbed, across the path from the Haunted Mansion/Splash). They've got chili in a bread bowl, salads, and some snack items.

Dole Whip (at the Tiki Room)

Hit and Miss Restaurants

Jolly Holiday. Overall, the food is expensive for the quality, and oilly and soggy is how I'd describe the grilled cheese and roast beef. I do like their turkey sandwich which is "good" to "OK", yet something tells me Earl of Sandwich is a better. Oily potato chips, yet the baked items are good and you could split one with your DH. The view is great as it is of the hub/castle. If you want just some soup and a drink, this is the place, and I do like their salad though I think it could be bigger.

El Zocalo. in Frontierland near Big Thunder. Last meal I had here wasn't so good, others have been better, so I woud say it is hit or miss, yet one of the few places you can get Tex-Mex food in the park. Better tacos can be found in downtown Disney. Haven't eaten here in over a year.

Hungry Bear: Yes, it is a burger joint, but the view is nice and it is a pleasant place to sit and watch the ducks and they do have Big Al's Salad Chicken Salad (the red things are watermelon).

Name:  l.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  60.3 KB

• Disney Obsessed

For Dinner if you want the on-site experience... do blue bayou.. I've only eaten there once, a very long time ago for my 22nd birthday. But I remember enjoying it. The atmosphere alone made everything all the better. If you've eaten there before then I say ESPN zone. I love riding the monorail. It's a fun time for me, so we always eat dinner there (and my husband loves it there so I always give in to dinner there to make him happy after being dragged around the parks all day lol). If you do eat in DTD and you take the monorail, ask to sit in the nose. You may have to wait a few monorails, but it is a wonderful way to ride. I only ride in the nose. lol.

Now for bars in DTD... house of blues is fun, and most (if not all) the restaurants have bars.. BUT i absolutely LOVE the tiki bar.. Trader Sam's at the disneyland hotel (formerly lost boys bar). I have a great time when I'm there! so many fun things happen when you order certain drinks!

If you're not dead set on skipping DCA... having a light dinner and cocktails at Ariel's grotto during sunset is amazing. I sometimes get my way and do that for dinner. It really is quiet beautiful to watch the sunset from there.

Just some fun ideas! Hope your trip is AMAZING!

For lunch do not skip the Jolly Holiday, they have really great sandwhiches and I am in love with their potatoe chips.

For dinner try to get into Bleu Bayou that place is great and I love the atmosphere there

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Blue Bayou is incredibly overrated IMO.
    I agree with this for the most part, except for their crab cakes. These are the best anywhere. I actually hold all others to that standard.

Everything else on the menu is just standard food that you can get anywhere and doesn't really stand out in my opinion.
    Last edited by calsig31; 01-23-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I always enjoy a table on the water at Blue Bayou. I love their jambalaya. Another elegant dinner option is Granville's Steakhouse over at the Disneyland Hotel.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Congo Chris View Post
    The worst, IMHO, is Big Thunder BBQ and Village Haus. We've eaten at Big Thunder a couple of times, and it is probably the worst BBQ I've ever had, and way overpriced....and I love good BBQ. My whole family agreed that the food at Village Haus was waaay too salty.
    I second what you said about Village Haus. The food is incredibly salty.

I can't really speak about Big Thunder BBQ because I have never eaten there. My cousins have eaten there before and they always told us to skip it so we always have.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Sock Puppet

When it comes to Disneyland, there are so many choices food wise that I enjoy. But out of all of them, there are a few that just stand out among the rest. Here is my list, and I hope it helps you decide.

Cafe Orleans
    Located in New Orleans Square, Cafe' Orleans is one of my favorite places to eat. It can get a little busy though, so be sure to call ahead and get yourself a reservation. This can even be done on the day of, or even a few hours before hand. If you go to Cafe' Orleans, there are two must have items. The Monte' Cristo Sandwich, and Pomme Fries. The Monte' Cristo, if you have never heard of it before, is a Turkey, Ham, and Swiss sandwich that is deep fried and lightly dusted with powdered sugar. I know, it sounds like a weird combination, but trust me it is delicious! The Pomme Fries are garlic fries with parmasan cheese. The last time I ate here was a few months ago, as it is a little pricey, but from my experience it dose not have the Coke Freestyle machine that some restaurants in Disneyland now feature. (Sorry, no Vanilla Coke here!) One down side to this restaurant is that it has very limited indoor seating, and from what I remember, did not have outdoor heaters. So if the weather is cold, call reservations and see if you can get a seat inside. (if at all possible)
    Here is the number for rervations: (714) 781-DINE, or (714) 781-3463
    A digital menu: http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...nu10012012.pdf

Carnation Cafe
    Next up is the Carnation Cafe located on Main Street. I ate here about two weeks ago, and while I still like Cafe' Orleans a little better, I liked this restaurant a lot. This restaurant does feature the Coke Freestyle machine (that I am obsessed with) so you can get flavored beverages here, which for me is allways a plus, after all, a Vanilla Coke to me always tastes better than a regular coke. When I was here I tried the potato soup, which was delicious, and for the main entre' I had the turkey sandwich and I enjoyed it, but it was also very filling. This restaurant also has limited indoor seating, but does feature an indoor waiting area for if you forget to reserve a table ahead of time. Even if you dont get a seat indoors, there are plenty of heaters outside so you shouln't get too cold. This restaurant is also open for breakfast.
    Dinner Menu:
    http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...nu10012012.pdf

Breakfast:
    http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...nu10012012.pdf

La Brea Bakery
    And last but not least, I reccomend La Brea Bakery, located in Downtown Disney. This restaurant is one of my favorites. The food is great, the free fresh baked bread tastes delicious, and after the recent remodel, it should feature pleanty of indoor seating. There are so many great dishes here you shouldn't be dissapointed. One down side, however, is that it isn't located right inside of Dinseyland.

Hope that helped!
    Last edited by Disneylandfan67; 01-23-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Fixed post format

I was going to say, go to the Troubador Tavern by Small World for the great baked potatoes, but since it's closed that's not an option. Though I do hear the baked potatoes have moved to the Harbor Galley. I haven't checked that out yet, but if they are there, get the baked potato with broccoli and cheese sauce as they are great!

Our favorite restaurant is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD. Great food and drinks. Also the Tiki Bar at the Disneyland hotel has amazing appetizers and drinks.
    ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

Have the fried green tomato sandwich at the Hungry Bear for lunch. It'll be memorable because one, how often do you eat a fried green tomato sandwich, and two, it's delicious!

The baked potatoes oddball mentioned have, indeed, relocated to the Harbour Galley.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by baliezer View Post
    Our favorite restaurant is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD. Great food and drinks.
    I second this. I love the Jazz Kitchen. It's much better than Rainforest Cafe or ESPN Zone, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    If you want to settle for a snack or something small you must settle for a Dole Whip.

Other than that I would also suggest Blue Bayou if you have the extra cash. The food is truly great and the atmosphere is fun. Just be sure to make a reservation.
    I would also back the others up on suggesting Plaza Inn as I have never had a bad meal there either. I would also strongly suggest checking out Cafe Orleans. It isn't that expensive and the food is delicious.
    We have found that most of the food at disneyland is really not good at all except club 33. The short ribs at blue bayou are good, and the steak is good too. The monte cristo is ok but makes me sick from the oil after a few bites. blue bayou has good atmosphere (get a reservation for a waterside seat) and so we usually eat there.

We recently ate at the napa rose and the food was much better than anything at disneyland, however the atmosphere is nowhere near as cool as blue bayou.

All the food at the orleans cafe and especially the gumbo is really bad, but I really know gumbo (i would add that the gumbo at downtown disney jazz kitchen is really bad too).

While people from new orleans would say that texans dont know cajun food, our cajun is way better than californians cajun. Except boiling crab, you definitely should eat at the boiling crab.

Also tsuhurashi serves kobe beef short ribs that are phenomenal.
    Last edited by txdisney; 01-24-2013 at 08:20 AM.

• The doctor is in

Cafe Orleans has the best french onion soup, imo. It isn't overly salty like most other places and it's a decent sized cup.

• DLR Softie

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Lunch: Jolly Holiday or Carnation Cafe
    Dinner: Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe.

Outside of the parks: Storytellers or Steakhouse 55.
    This pretty much sums it up..
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I have to say I did have the chicken over at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill yesterday all though it was not bad it kept me full all day. Also Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop is the best ice creme in DCA
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast