Thread: Autopia Dock

• Looking for Love

Autopia Dock

What do you all think of the Autopia loading dock? I think its defenity cool and makes for good eye candy to have you cross over the track, wait in a zigzag line and then cross back. and slip in between tracks. Deffinitly fast loading. And I think the look of the dock fits the tomarrowland theme well.

But what about the dock itself. I like the little 3D cheveron shows, but because of fastpass, i never get to see them, and then theirs the big screen with the cartoons, but I think it needs new material. Its only like 15 minutes long....(I remember it that way, anyways).

And lastly, if honda were to take sponsership? How do you think they should improve the dock and queue show. Personally, I think they should do somthing with the queue (ideas?). It's one of the most boring queues to me. I don't mind the classy cheesy elevator music though...lol

Basicly....im just trying to get ideas and some immagination for the ride and Queue, and am hoping Disney might see it and do somthing exciting. (Ideas anyone!!!!)?

• șoș Tom șoș

Re: Autopia Dock

Unless I am mistaken Chevron has a contract with Disneyland for a few more years, after Disney created a massive gasoline spill underneath the current loading platform. If you look around the planters in the queing area you can see pipes coming out of the earth and fumes rising from them, meaning they are still burning off gasoline residue.

Chevron kept the spill hush hush in return for a juicy long term contract and the forced commercial in the roundabout tower as you enter the queue.

Therefore I would believe in hybreds of somesort, but completly indepently powered electric vehicles- I will wait and reserve judgement until I hear from Al or a press release.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Unless I am mistaken Chevron has a contract with Disneyland for a few more years, after Disney created a massive gasoline spill underneath the current loading platform. If you look around the planters in the queing area you can see pipes coming out of the earth and fumes rising from them, meaning they are still burning off gasoline residue.

Chevron kept the spill hush hush in return for a juicy long term contract and the forced commercial in the roundabout tower as you enter the queue.

Therefore I would believe in hybreds of somesort, but completly indepently powered electric vehicles- I will wait and reserve judgement until I hear from Al or a press release.
    If that's all true, then why are there two...or should I say now, three threads saying that Honda is delivering new autopia cars for the ride, one being from a CM manager from TL, and another from two regular MCs that saw cars being tested?

I don't know, looks like Honda is trying to get on the tracks to me. I will, however, reserve judgement until Al says something about it.

Also, if the sponsorship is still running, then why did they stop giving out the Winner's Circle cards? From what I read, it went out a little while ago.

As for the queue, I like how it is woven about as well. The Chevron commericals would have to go...maybe they could show movies about the progression of the automobile industry or something. As for that giant electronic billboard...blah. I don't know.
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 01-14-2006 at 09:31 PM.

• No marbles to begin with!

For some reason I dislike the queve, but i'm guessing it only because i waited an hour in the hot summer sun to ride. Those movies inside play over and over and i stood in place watch one short commercial at least 5+ times. It also happened with that giant screen i kept on watching and watching in the queve. I haven't been on autopia since that day 3 years ago.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    If that's all true, then why are there two...or should I say now, three threads saying that Honda is delivering new autopia cars for the ride, one being from a CM manager from TL, and another from two regular MCs that saw cars being tested?
    I am not saying its not true but testing new cars and installing new cars are different, plus you'd think Al would have caught wind of something this signficiant, hence the reservement of judgement.

Also, if the sponsorship is still running, then why did they stop giving out the Winner's Circle cards? From what I read, it went out a little while ago.
    Now this is the only evidence thus far that suggests to me that they are disolving the sponsership finally but it might also mean Chevron is simply taking a hiding spot behind the curtains, as the still provide the rest of the gasoline to vehicles in and around the park.
    [/quote]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I am not saying its not true but testing new cars and installing new cars are different, plus you'd think Al would have caught wind of something this signficiant, hence the reservement of judgement.

Now this is the only evidence thus far that suggests to me that they are disolving the sponsership finally but it might also mean Chevron is simply taking a hiding spot behind the curtains, as the still provide the rest of the gasoline to vehicles in and around the park.
    Everything is always a matter of money. Have you considered maybe Honda agreed to help pay Chevron off to get rid of the sponsorship?

• Banned User

I think the Queue looks neat but I like the idea of the movie about the progression of the automobile in the roundabout and on the billboard. They would have to add sound in the queue so everyone could here a speech about what is going on instead of reading the words. The only other change I would make is to repaint it to match the rest of tomorrowland.

• Just Me

I have no problem with the Autopia area, but with the loading itself. For some reason CMs seem to have a hard time keeping groups together, even it it is only 2 people.

• ...TWO BITS!

Sorry for the length of this post.

1) Yes, the queue needs a repaint to match the rest of TL.

2) Some people say the electric cars are being tested for Hong Kong Disneyland. Don't know yet. Hopefully we get brand spankin new electric cars that run on their own. Instead of using the center guard rail for electric power.

3) Maybe instead of watching those 3 looping movies inside, they could put 1 or 2 classic autopia cars from way back when. Kind of like a classic car show on display.

4) For the big screen, maybe they can show that Goofy short about being "Mr. Walker" and "Mr. Wheeler". There's also another short called Freewayphobia but I've never seen it yet.

5) Does anyone like the talking cars??

6) I had an idea for awhile, I only had 1 person who said they liked it. Reroute the track to run from the station in corkscrew style to run the entire length of the Peoplemover track from the Buzz and Innoventions building. Disregard the other Autopia and Peoplemover tracks that run above the Sub show building. On the PM track, have one track go on top of the other. This way 1 track of cars go one way and the other goes the opposite way. When the cars go down to the station, it can split part (ala Indy, Small World, BTMR style) to keep the hourly capacity up. The cars could even have headlights when they go through buildings and for night driving. The horns could work, too (if they don't get too annoying).

7) Instead of the station being where it currently is, put the station on the 2nd floor of Innoventions. Extend the track into the building to create more un/loading space. Then connect the track from out of Innoventions to the track next to the Monorail station. Not only can the station fit up there, but probably a shop and maintainence, too. The queue is the Innoventions exit ramp and balcony. Exit the same way.

8) Sub Lagoon (and its show building), Matterhorn, and Motor Boat Cruise can be a whole new area for a type of "Discoveryland". I'm not so confident with this idea, but I'm posting it anyways.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11

2) Some people say the electric cars are being tested for Hong Kong Disneyland. Don't know yet. Hopefully we get brand spankin new electric cars that run on their own. Instead of using the center guard rail for electric power.

3) Maybe instead of watching those 3 looping movies inside, they could put 1 or 2 classic autopia cars from way back when. Kind of like a classic car show on display.

4) For the big screen, maybe they can show that Goofy short about being "Mr. Walker" and "Mr. Wheeler". There's also another short called Freewayphobia but I've never seen it yet.

6) I had an idea for awhile, I only had 1 person who said they liked it. Reroute the track to run from the station in corkscrew style to run the entire length of the Peoplemover track from the Buzz and Innoventions building. Disregard the other Autopia and Peoplemover tracks that run above the Sub show building. On the PM track, have one track go on top of the other. This way 1 track of cars go one way and the other goes the opposite way. When the cars go down to the station, it can split part (ala Indy, Small World, BTMR style) to keep the hourly capacity up. The cars could even have headlights when they go through buildings and for night driving. The horns could work, too (if they don't get too annoying).

7) Instead of the station being where it currently is, put the station on the 2nd floor of Innoventions. Extend the track into the building to create more un/loading space. Then connect the track from out of Innoventions to the track next to the Monorail station. Not only can the station fit up there, but probably a shop and maintainence, too. The queue is the Innoventions exit ramp and balcony. Exit the same way.

8) Sub Lagoon (and its show building), Matterhorn, and Motor Boat Cruise can be a whole new area for a type of "Discoveryland". I'm not so confident with this idea, but I'm posting it anyways.
    Idea 6 is a good idea but i think most of us would like a peopleover instead. Idea 7 is good but putting in the infrastructure might be Expensive. Idea 8 is good but i would include the autopia and add stuff to make it like an exploratory journey. The monorail would still fit better in Tl but could fit in The new Discoveryland area. The Shorts you mentioned I would put in the roundabout section. On the Big Billboard I would make a program about the the history of the Automobile and what it may progress to in the future. It would be 15 to 20 minutes long. Also sound would be installed in the rest of the queue(excluding roundabout) so that the movie on the billboard can have narration. Idea Three is good but do they still have any of the old cars.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11

I really like your ideas alot.....Now how do we get Disney to listen to them??

• Boozer, User, and Loser

I like the queue except the paint job of course. I like the tiers the queue is formed in, but how exciting is it to watch the station? it should face the other way to see the cars on the tracks with some interactive elements along the route the queue views. Just my opinion.

• Mousketeer

This is one of those lines that I just hate.

They need a better separation of fast pass from regular line, and what is the point of having the chevron car animation if you typically don't wait there?

The animation of the little "humorous" shorts is pathetic. It makes you think that If that is the quality of animation and storytelling that Disney aspires to, there is no hope for the future of Disney animation.

If they would correct these things, the line would be fine

oh yeah and the paint.