Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disneyland Original '55

Re: CM mentions some updates to Character Meet and Greets, and area openings.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    She's not a princess.
    Mulan is under the Official Disney Princess title, but technically yes she is just the daughter of a rich old man, not really a princess. here is the website of all the official princesses.

Princess | Disney Princess ... Games, Movies & More | Disney
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    She's not a princess.
    From Disney's website:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...fantasy-faire/

The Princesses
    You never know which Disney Princesses will drop by Disney Princess Fantasy Faire to say hello. The greeting pathway usually features 3 Disney Princesses at any given time, including some of the following favorites:

• Snow White
    • Cinderella
    • Aurora
    • Mulan
    • Belle
    • Pocahontas
    • Jasmine
    • Tiana
    • Ariel

So, what happens to Mulan and Pocahontas? Are they just getting rid of them?

• Johnny and Me!

Does anyone know if Ariel will have her tail? I would think so, since she is getting her own room.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Does anyone know if Ariel will have her tail? I would think so, since she is getting her own room.
    I'm wondering too. Maybe not since she will be in the Royal Hall rather than on some rocks like she was back before Tink and friend took over her spot. However the Plaid in the video said Ariel and Little Mermaid, so maybe that incates she will be in one or the other form, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I hope to high heaven Disney does not stick Tiana in the Court of Angels.
    Since they made a temporary meet and greet with her and Naveen here when the movie came out I'm guessing this is exactly what will happen

It's one of my favorite places in the park to photograph so if she is here the whole time it will be a loss...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Since they made a temporary meet and greet with her and Naveen here when the movie came out I'm guessing this is exactly what will happen

It's one of my favorite places in the park to photograph so if she is here the whole time it will be a loss...
    Wouldn't be surprising if they did. Not when four years ago they turned it into a holiday ODV store that hawks cheap, generic character-brand Christmas junk. Disneyland is still slave to the Eisner/Pressler edict that every square foot of space has to turn a profit, no matter its beauty, its serenity, or its original purpose in the overall Disneyland experience.

Welcome to the Mallifcation of Disneyland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• No Disassemble!

I hope to high heaven Disney does not stick Tiana in
    the Court of Angels.
    I hope not either. When they had the meet & greet to promote the movie the queue that they made for it was horrible in that if you were far enough in the queue it was really hard to leave if you needed to. Also on occasion CMs would come walking down the stairs and almost right in the middle of a photo being taken. I think that a meet & greet on the Twain might be good alternative.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    What about Mulan?
    What about Leia?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Back in Black

What about Leia?
    I think you're looking for a meet-and-greet in Alderaan places...
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Wouldn't be surprising if they did. Not when four years ago they turned it into a holiday ODV store that hawks cheap, generic character-brand Christmas junk. Disneyland is still slave to the Eisner/Pressler edict that every square foot of space has to turn a profit, no matter its beauty, its serenity, or its original purpose in the overall Disneyland experience.

Welcome to the Mallifcation of Disneyland.
    Didn't people here argue that Disneyland should bring back the ticket book system to reduce attendance? If every inch is turned into profit center, attraction tickets is the way to go along with merchandising at each location.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

If they move Tiana then it would not become a shop location. Its better to have Court de Angeles be empty during the day than have it locked down as a shopping location.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    I hope not either. When they had the meet & greet to promote the movie the queue that they made for it was horrible in that if you were far enough in the queue it was really hard to leave if you needed to. Also on occasion CMs would come walking down the stairs and almost right in the middle of a photo being taken. I think that a meet & greet on the Twain might be good alternative.
    A meet and greet at that location is a good use of space. It is a bad use of space to have it on the Twain especially since it is a moving attraction.

I don't get the anti-marketing or anti-promotion argument. A kid who wants to meet his character has already seen the movie. We are way past the promotion of the movie. We are into character popularity. Besides, what the heck are we doing in a Disney theme park if not to see the characters and get autographs and get pictures.

I have never seen anyone fail to not get out of line that was too deep. It does happen a lot when you have a kid that suddenly gets spooked or wants to use the bathroom especially when you're less than 3 parties back. "You wanna pee? Now???"

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Also during the fist tour the CM gave (the video is the second) he said the Mulan will not have a location because "she is only visting from China"
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Well this is good news now I can see the Princess who I really want to see rather seen the ones I don't want to see. Like Repnzle,Snow White and once in a wild Cinderella. But this is a good question about Mulan and Jasmine and Pocahontus even though she hasn't been around that much latly. With also with Ariel I think she will still be in her dress cause of the Rumors that all the remaining Princess will be getting new dress in time after Cinderella (all ready has) and Belle get theres. As for Ariel's Grotto Ariel will still be there send that is on DCA side and that's to far away from Disneyland side.

• I love that tiny bear!

I don't think that Rapunzel/Flynn and Belle/Beast's greets being after a show indicates they aren't popular...if anything I think it shows they are popular enough that Disney figures people would like to see them in a show. Flynn and Beast are two of the more involved princes in the movies (a show with Snow White and her prince, on the other hand, might not be so interesting). They also may be two of the princesses with more appeal to adults--Beauty and the Beast is many adults' favorite Disney film, and, well, I think there are a lot of women that wouldn't mind seeing Flynn Rider on stage.

I understand people being disappointed about a lack of spontaneity. But for people who only visit occasionally, it will be nice to (in theory) be able to find your favorite princess without difficulty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast