Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

CM mentions some updates to Character Meet and Greets, and area openings.

Micechatter Brian Pinsky posted a great video he took in the Blue Sky Cellar. The CM in the video mentions some dates, and new developments regarding characters.

Information from after the 9:15 minute mark
    Blue Sky Cellar-Fantasy Faire - YouTube

Fantasyland Theater opening in May,also stated as June, with the new Mickey and the Magical Map show.

Fantasy Faire opening in March, mid to late in the month, with new Meet and Greets.
    -Princesses get permantent homes, sounds like they will no longer be randomly on the trails around the Castle
    -In the new large meet and greet you meet, Aurora, Cinderella and Ariel(Little Mermaid mentioned), one after the other
    -This new meet and greet will be open all day long
    -Merida will move into the current Rapunzel M&G building inside Fantasyland, no timeline on this change
    -Tiana will get a permanent home in New Orleands Square, no timeline on this change
    -Snow White will be permanently at her wishing well on the trail on the east side of the Castle, no timeline on this change, but she is often there already so it may just continue
    -Belle and the Beast will have a show then M&G after the show on the stage ends, stage is in the Fantasy Faire southern portion
    -Repunzel and Flynn will also do a show and M&G like Belle and the Beast do

My reflection on this is, it's too bad these Princesses won't be on the Castle Paths as before, that was a great way to meet them.

• -

Re: CM mentions some updates to Character Meet and Greets, and area openings.

He posted a thread here about it, too.

Blue Sky Cellar-Fantasy Faire Tour
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    He posted a thread here about it, too.

Blue Sky Cellar-Fantasy Faire Tour
    I started a new thread, specifically to point out information from the video. The other thread is mocking random points of the speech, and not helpful.

• Back in Black

Great, I didn't want to get in the way of any arguements over there...

I think it's interesting that Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel are all going to have specific, themed rooms to "live" in, while everyone else is regulated to M&G after a stage show (Or in Snow White's case, by her wishing well.) I mean, it absolutely makes sense that they should, I'm just wondering how they determined which three would get chosen. Arguably, Belle and Repunzel have a lot firmer staying power than Aurora does... Maybe even Cinderella? I imagine it was a tough nut to crack!

I'm kind of excited for all of this. Which is weird for a fully grown 26 year old to say, but screw it. I am!
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Disneyland Original '55

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post

I think it's interesting that Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel are all going to have specific, themed rooms to "live" in, while everyone else is regulated to M&G after a stage show (Or in Snow White's case, by her wishing well.) I mean, it absolutely makes sense that they should, I'm just wondering how they determined which three would get chosen. Arguably, Belle and Repunzel have a lot firmer staying power than Aurora does... Maybe even Cinderella? I imagine it was a tough nut to crack!

I'm kind of excited for all of this. Which is weird for a fully grown 26 year old to say, but screw it. I am!
    I guess it was decided by seniority, Snow White has the wishing well, Cindy was next in line then Aurora and then Ariel. I love the idea of the Beauty and the Beast/ Tangled shows and meet in greets, hopefully it will be like Bell's Enchanted Tales in New Fantasyland, I feel it give those characters more representation in disneyland that most of the other princesses have. What will become of Ariel's Grotto in DCA, since Ariel has a permanent home in Fantasy Faire, will she not meet with guests in DCA?
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Under that tree again!

The idea, is having one wait for mulitple visits. That's why they have three rooms in a row. WDW is going to get this too. In a way it's a nice alternative to character meals, where you pay more to eat, but get characters with less wait.

I'm guesing it's rather obvious that Snow White goes to her Wishing Well and Tiana to NOS. How they chose the three to be inside, and the others for a show is interesting. It may boil down to they don't have obvious homes in the park like the other two, and the show princesses have more interesting Princes to meet.

Prehaps like Merida, the new princess will use the inner FL building as their temporary home to cycle in and out of.

• "I don't like the color"

I hope to high heaven Disney does not stick Tiana in the Court of Angels.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I hope to high heaven Disney does not stick Tiana in the Court of Angels.
    I hate to say it but the, where in NOS is a big question, and that's such a go to place for sticking things.

• Minion

Hate to be so negative, but this is the way all character meet and greets will be one day. All scheduled 'Meet Snow White here from 10am-4pm everyday'. There will be no spontaneity left and no characters that wander the park anymore like Alice and the Mad Hatter, they'll all be in the same spot all day everyday.

• Back in Black

Hate to be so negative, but this is the way all character meet and greets will be one day. All scheduled 'Meet Snow White here from 10am-4pm everyday'. There will be no spontaneity left and no characters that wander the park anymore like Alice and the Mad Hatter, they'll all be in the same spot all day everyday.
    I totally understand and agree with this concern, but on the plus side, we're getting more characters that have better-themed "environments" in which to meet them. I don't know that I'd go so far as to say ALL meet and greets, but certainly the popular ones.
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

That's one thing that I remember from all my Disneyland trips, how you can see Godmother and Cinderella walking past and interacting with the Mad Hatter and Alice. I loved that part of Disneyland, the idea that characters were walking everywhere around the castle but I will say it was very crazy, people rushing to get autographs, there's no order and most times that I saw the characters had ZERO handlers around them or near them.

I don't have intention to turn this thead negative but I do welcome these enhanced and well themed environments created for these characters.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

I'm a little okay with the princesses having designated area for meet and greets, given their popularity. Fantasy Faire looks amazing. Other than the princesses, the rest of the characters should walk around freely like most of them already do.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Avid MC reader since 2005

What about Mulan?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post

I wonder if they will still have Jasmin in Adventure Land?

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    What about Mulan?
    She's not a princess.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast