Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

DLR's 4th Hotel ideas

If and when a fourth Disney hotel is built, what should it entail? What type of themeing should it be based around? Disney has done a lot of hotels around the world, but I think this hotel needs to be a new kind of theme. Something that isn't exactly the same(Ambassador to Hollywood/ Grand Floridian to Disneyland Hotel in HK), but something that is new, fresh, and grand all at the same time. Would you go for something ornate like the Disneyland Hotel(Paris), something New England style like the Newport Bay Club, or arc deco like the Ambassador Hotel? Personally, I would love a hotel that takes its cues from Hotel MiraCosta but I don't think it would fit well around Disneyland, DCA or in Anaheim at all. Any random ideas you have or a ideas based off one of your Disney favorites?

• Banned User

Re: DLR's 4th Hotel ideas

Even something like the 3rd hotel that is going into Tokyo Disney Resort:

The hotel I would love to see built is a hotel themed to Egypt. The exterior would look like a real stone pyramid. The Nile River would provide water transportation to Disneyland. This won't fit at the DLR because of both theme and size, though it would be great at WDW.

I would love to see something like Hotel MiraCosta because that hotel looks beautiful! I would also like to see a hotel themed to the Caribbean. It can be named Port Royal after the town in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I don't know what kind of a hotel would fit DLR, it would be kind of pointless to put a grand flordian like hotel since there already is a hotel in California that looks like it.

• Just this guy......

I would love to see a version of the Grand Floridian come to the DLR, but for other themes..... how about a real Sci-fi theme? They did a great job with the Encounter / LAX theme building.

http://www.encounterrestaurant.com/

• The one, the only...

WDW has done some wonderful hotel concepts. They have focused mainly on American themes.

If a new hotel is created, then it will not only be compared to WDW themes, but also Vegas's. Egypt has been done. Paris has been done. New York and Venice... Ancient Rome... Even a Circus... Is there anything left? Yes!

I think that the new hotel should be special. It should take you to a different world. I think that a China theme would appeal to Americans. I always wanted to live in a palace. It is exotic and would have a decent restaurant. But if you want an hotel to appeal to people traveling from Asia, that probably won't work.

I would pick from some California ideas. I think that the Ahwanhee is beautiful and should have been the style for the Grand Californian. But it still is very western and unique at the same time. Another idea would be San Simeon style. It is a blend of Mediterranean and a distinctive California feel. Another idea would be to model a hotel after one in San Francisco on Knob Hill or the Coronado in San Diego.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I think something themed to the two Fantasias would be interesting. Perhaps having the facade take from several of the themes (ala New York, New York, DTD, CityWalk) and spread the themeing through having each floor represent a scene/movement from the films, perahps actually having a concert hall/theater, restaurants, spa, pool area all themed to music & instruments, a jazz club...have they broken ground on Garden Walk or what ever they're calling that shopping area?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If it's around the DL Hotel or Paradise, Pier, it should be a Caribbean Resort (not WDW's CBR, a Johnny Depp-version.)

It could be old Spanish and the tropical theming would fit in well with the DLR.

If it's connected to DCA, (ie the back corner of the Timon lot) it should be San Simeon style as has been suggested... It could serve as a weenie to get you into DCA with a Hearst Castle looming in the background. However, don't knock off an existing place exactly. Suggest it, as the Grand Californian suggests the Awahanee.

I'd like to see a renewed interest in Disney's Asian Hotel that was supposed to be on the Monorail loop in WDW. Or something tropical and island-ish. We certainly have the right weather for it.

Then again, I've seen very little concept art of the Magic Kingdom Hotel that was supposed to go in when the Resort was being built...

• ...TWO BITS!

A TOONTOWN INSPIRED HOTEL!!!!!!!

LOL, JK. I think POTC resort would be interesting.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I like the idea of an all hotel called the "Disneyland Hotel" built to look like the DL Hotel at HKDL or like the new hotel going in at TDL. Then the current DL Hotel could change its name to the "Magic Kingdom Towers Hotel"
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'd love to see something Googie, 1967-style Tomorrowland, Roadside Tiki-infused-themed. Something totally swank, crisp, 1960's futuristic. A sleek cool exterior with a grand, swank entrance flanked by towering tikis and palm trees.

Big white domes, upswept roofs, large expansive windows, ahhh yes.

I'm sure they could get Shag to help design the interior and do paintings and murals for the hotel.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Circle of Ancients

It's time for the famed Victorian theme to hit a Disneyland Hotel. Inside, beautiful and ornate fixtures would adorn the walls. Every room would be done in the Victorian style. The Disney tie-in would be themed to "Main Street USA", "Frontierland", and "New Orleans Square". There would be one main restaurant called "The Parlor" and one bar themed to a Victorian saloon. It would be a grand and beautiful hotel, filled with remnants from the 19th century. A horse-drawn coach could provide transportation around the Hotel property, which would feature beautiful gardens and a gazebo fit for the Queen of England herself.

• Official Mice Chat person

Maybe a Mickey Mouse hotel? I know they have drawn up ideas for a hotel like this, but I'm pretty sure it was never built anywhere (yet). The glass entrance doors to the building could be in the shape of Mickey Himself. (His sillhoet would be cut in half, one door on each side) There would be a restaraunt in the hotel called "The House Of Mouse". Themed to the TV show on Disney Channell, where there is a big screen in the middle of the room that shows classic/new disney cartoon shorts while the guests eat. And it would all look exactly how it looks in the show, I think kids and adults alike would have fun at a place like this.

A Pueblo Style Resort would be nice, or a Hollywood Hotel (ala HKDL), or maybe a Fantasia themed/Victorian hotel, with the film score and other classical scores playing throughout the hotels.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Bring back the concept for the Hollywood Tower Hotel in Timon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast