• the subs were cool maan

Anything new with the PeopleMover? Tracks?

It seems that the first couple of weeks of the 50th went well....so shouldnt they start on the PeopleMover by now? Or announce it atleast?

• Just this guy......

Re: Anything new with the PeopleMover? Tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Anything new with the PeopleMover? Tracks?
    No, nothing new.

• Minion

I'm hoping any day now ... Al will have another update that bridges the rumor with fact.

With as many practical issues as I can consider .... A new "peoplemover" is in the same 'step' Disney seems to be taking these days .. given reusing Country Bear Jamboree building for "Pooh" ... "Circle-Vision" for Buzz ... remodeled "subs" ......... Seems any new attraction coming out of Disney these days involves 'recycling' .. and 'restoration' ... to a Disneyland that once was.

A "restored" Tomorrowland seems to be the step they are continuing to take. And any thought of MAJOR overhauls, and brand new innovative designs don't seem to be the way of Disney anymore. At least for now.

So, I say .......... look forward to another 6mph "transport" system on that track above ..... just a different looking design, though. - Which, for me, will be quite fine ...... a new train design will give it a whole "NEW" feel.

• Minion

Great. Let's get on with it already!

• A Pirate's life for me!

My fingers are crossed...

• Closed Account

There are apparently "plans" for the tracks, but what that can mean is anyone's guess.

• Hooterville, USA

Well, let's get going! I can't wait to ride. I'll bring my mp3 player with the original music so I can remember the way it was. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Well, let's get going! I can't wait to ride. I'll bring my mp3 player with the original music so I can remember the way it was. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
    You better hope it goes the same speed and slows down when it used to or the music would be way off except at the very beginning.

Just had an idea. Why don't they let you "choose your experience" between a new version of the PM and the "CLASSIC" version with old soundtrack and narration. They could mix a few of the old effects with some new stuff, and modify the old narration when needed. They could allow the rider to switch back and forth.

Or not...

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    Just had an idea. Why don't they let you "choose your experience" between a new version of the PM and the "CLASSIC" version with old soundtrack and narration. They could mix a few of the old effects with some new stuff, and modify the old narration when needed. They could allow the rider to switch back and forth.

Or not...

I don't know if the switching back and forth could work, but an interactive element to the PM would be great. It could be as simple as having a computer interface in the front of the car that allows you to learn about Tomorrowland present and past (think along the lines of the computers they had in the cars from the original Jurrassic Park), or you could add a bunch of interactive elements: guns attached to the cars that allow you to shoot at targets when you enter the Buzz showroom, computer interfaces that teach the riders about space exporation when they enter space mountain and deep sea exploration when they near the subs, you could do any number of things on new and improved PM cars, and the best part is, the rider doesn't have to do any of them if they dont want to: you could just sit back and relax and not shoot the Buzz gun if you so choose, or you could pick and choose which features to use on any given ride.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Banned User

In that Case they should also put the glow strips and the lights that charged them back in space mountain. I miss that feature as it was always fun to see where other vehicles were. Also then when the new peoplemover(or something using that track) is built they will be able to see the cars. If the new ride has video screens they should go off right before entering to prevent light leaks but the sound would stay on.