Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Innoventions

• film975

Re: Innoventions

Until Disney makes an official announcement, I shall regard anything like this as just a rumor.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Hey I posted this a couple of weeks ago.
    Link: It's Sad...Rumor from Disneyland Innoventions

I heard that it might be held off until 60 but more CMs said 2 more years.
    Isn't the 60th in 2 year?

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think we will see at Expo. Also I don't think it will close within the next month because all the CMs would have been informed at this point. Its not like they will show up one day and be told its close and get sent off to Costuming for a new post
    Well, when Space went down for two years, I was working that morning at Space, we were told it would be down for an hour....that turned into 2 years before that hour was up. Most of us were sent home to wait to see where they would put us. I was one of the lucky ones who got to stay at the entrance and tell people it wasn't going to be operational for a while.

It's easier for attractions to go to different areas, Innoventions CM's only work that location and aren't trained for anything else.
    Last edited by PetiteMortKvsh; 01-26-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

A CM over from Innoventions said she would not want to go into Attractions because of how repetitive it was, is not her job repetivitve as well it just have more posts?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Banned User

Hopefully D23 will give some insight on Tomorrowland, and hopefully it will be without Marvel.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i think it will close very soon if they want to put a new attraction in for the 60th

if any one has information or photos on the old long lost innoventions exhibits please PM me!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Hopefully D23 will give some insight on Tomorrowland, and hopefully it will be without Marvel.
    You and me both!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    i think it will close very soon if they want to put a new attraction in for the 60th
    I'm crossing my fingers for something that fits the Tomorrowland theme very well like an E-ticket level Iron Man dark ride.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    Well, when Space went down for two years, I was working that morning **** at Space, we were told it would be down for an hour....that turned into 2 years before that hour was up. Most of us were sent home to wait to see where they would put us. I was one of the lucky ones who got to stay at the entrance and tell people it wasn't going to be operational for a while.

It's easier for attractions to go to different areas, Innoventions CM's only work that location and aren't trained for anything else.

I doubt they are going to suddenly find any structural issues with Innoventions any time soon.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    I doubt they are going to suddenly find any structural issues with Innoventions any time soon.
    How can anyone be sure until the building is inspected.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How can anyone be sure until the building is inspected.
    It was refurbed for Innoventions. The building is really two structures in one. You've got the shell, which doesn't move, and the center part which rotates. Presumably, any construction of a new ride will involve the rotating floor being removed, then you're left with 15% of the building which is just a shell, and not at ground level which would make disabled access more difficult, as well as a waste of space. (It is this way because the mechanisms to move the floor are below the level of the walkways to get inside.)

Hence the whole thing may well be demolished.

I'm surprised nobody linked the Starcade work to this project.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    It was refurbed for Innoventions.
    That was a decade and a half ago.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That was a decade and a half ago.
    America Sings opened summer 1974, just in time for the bicentennial, the Innoventions make over happened much more recently, in relative terms. Just saying that it got a thorough look through, refurbishment, at that point in time. Actually, it was gutted. 15 years isn't that long in terms of a building like that, and it obviously hasn't fallen into disuse with poor maintenance like the People mover track. Seriously doubt there is any structural issues, doesn't really matter as the center rotating portion will probably be toast, that just leaves the shell and walk-ways.

It would be like suspecting that a house that got a top-to-bottom modern refurbishment 15 years ago was probably falling apart today if it was maintained by an owner.

Interesting that the Wreck It Ralph stuff is being removed and work is proceeding on the Starcade area. If I'm not mistaken, Wreck It Ralph was a pretty popular movie, I'm sure most folks would be surprised to know that this attraction was removed after opening, what, 3-4 months ago!?

Of course, everybody knows that the People Mover track once offered a view of the Starcade and that the same People mover passed through the Innoventions building . . .
    Last edited by chesirecat; 01-26-2013 at 05:58 PM.

• Pluto's #1 Fan

It is getting difficult to even guess what is going on with Innoventions with all the he said, she said rumors going around. Hopefully Disney will say something soon and put all this talk to rest.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." --Walt Disney

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Isn't the 60th in 2 year?
    And doesn't it take a few years to R&D these attractions anyway? It's not like Iger had the fuel to greenlight a marvel attraction pre-Avengers so why would the imagineers have been working on a concept before then?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast