Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Say no to screens

Re: Footage of the Ill-fated Chernabog Tower in World of Color

i feel so dumb i never heard of this
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I agree, Merida should go. The ability to update WOC easily is the best and worst thing about the show. It will ensure the show never gets stale, but I hate that it's used as a promotional tool. Fantasmic doesn't promote a darn thing, and yet it's the most popular live show in Disney theme park history. There's a lesson there, TDA!

I want the Hellfire/Chernabog sequence to come back, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.
    IMO the entire show is a promotional tool. Not that that is a bad thing, but it sort of fails to create something original with its familiar material like Fantasmic! does.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

I believe that the Chernabog Apparatus (for lack of a better name ) was removed from the fountain platform some time ago.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

The Chernabog Tower sits behind the platform and raises out of the water. You can still see it sitting there if you ride on Mickey's Fun Wheel. Just sitting underwater waiting to be used again. Or at all.

for the people who couldn't see it in the DP Blog video, its the flames that seem to shoot up from above the water at the very end. you can't really see the tower but the flames just appear in mid-dair. thats where the tower is.

jayshap is right. Pause it at 1:17 to see the flames in the middle under Mickey's face. They shoot out in an angles from a center structure and looking back at pics of the tower you can see those flame thrower mounts sitting at the same angles on the tower. Good eye jashap!

I wonder why they don't use the tower to add more FIRE to the villains/pirates segment. Also I'm pretty sure they will bring Cherny and Hellfire back in the near future. Just doesn't make sense to devote an entire villains segment to just one movie.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    IMO the entire show is a promotional tool. Not that that is a bad thing, but it sort of fails to create something original with its familiar material like Fantasmic! does.
    It's a display, not a stage show. It should be compared to Fireworks not F! Calling it a promo, belittles it incredibly. Fireworks don't use stories, they use themes. The same goes for water shows.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    It's a display, not a stage show. It should be compared to Fireworks not F! Calling it a promo, belittles it incredibly. Fireworks don't use stories, they use themes. The same goes for water shows.
    I used to agree with this argument, but now it truly is a mode of promotion.

World of Color used to focus on artistry. It used animation as a form of art with sand, paper, and other unique animations that were made specifically for this show. the show was designed with a very specific flow and reason. Fireworks are done the same.

The current World of Color is choppy. Very choppy. The Brave segment is a complete and blatant advertisement. No beautiful animation or logical transition in or out. Its strictly clips ripped directly from the movie in a place where it almost fits but really doesn't at all.

The pirates segment was the same. The show is updated not at the request of Imagineers, but at the request of the MBAs in charge of the theme parks.

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    i feel so dumb i never heard of this
    You are not alone. I also have never heard of this, and WOC is my favorite show.

I have stayed in the VGC many times, and likely have some old photos during testing (if I can find them).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I used to agree with this argument, but now it truly is a mode of promotion.

World of Color used to focus on artistry. It used animation as a form of art with sand, paper, and other unique animations that were made specifically for this show. the show was designed with a very specific flow and reason. Fireworks are done the same.

The current World of Color is choppy. Very choppy. The Brave segment is a complete and blatant advertisement. No beautiful animation or logical transition in or out. Its strictly clips ripped directly from the movie in a place where it almost fits but really doesn't at all.

The pirates segment was the same. The show is updated not at the request of Imagineers, but at the request of the MBAs in charge of the theme parks.

I agree! The changes are terrible. Especially Brave. It's the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I agree! The changes are terrible. Especially Brave. It's the worst.
    I saw it twice the 1st year it opened, I actually like it better now (Saw it in December). Then again, now the crowd is smaller and we had great "seats" (area to stand). I liked the bBrave segment, but would like a bit more of some Demons with huge fire so I am kind of in the middle on this subject. The show flows better now to me. I love Celtic music though.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I like the brave segment. Then again bagpipes always make me misty eyed. Guess it's my wee bit of Scotch-Irish.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Movie clips and those dumb commercial stock animations they use for "And now a sneak peak on Disney Channel" junk.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I have to agree with many who feel it is "choppy", whomever decided the arrangement/layout of the story it suppose to express should go back and look at it again.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast