Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Footage of the Ill-fated Chernabog Tower in World of Color

I was wondering recently, is there good footage out there of the Chernabog tower that was originally supposed to be a part of World of Color? I've seen old test footage of it that was taken from the Grand Californian, but the angle is pretty poor and you don't get a good sense of what it may have looked like from up close.

Also, was anyone ever lucky enough to actually get to see the show with the Chernabog tower?

Since the Hellfire/Chernabog sequence appears to be gone for good from WOC (much to my chagrin), I doubt it will ever be used (if it's still even in the lagoon).

Walking in Walt's footsteps

Re: Footage of the Ill-fated Chernabog Tower in World of Color

Looking forward to someone finding this and sharing! I didn't even know about it until reading this post just now. I'd love to learn more.

I agree with your chagrin, by the way Rex. That was definitely one of my favorite parts of the show. (I've seen both with and without in person)

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I think the only people who have actually seen the the Chernabog tower are the people who worked on the show, the Disney execs, and people watching from the Grand Californian hotel. I'm pretty sure it was cut before it ever premiered to the public.

The best footage I could find (and the only one I have ever seen) is, like you said, the video taken from the hotel. For those who are curious, you can see it starting ~18:30m on the right side of the Golden Zephyr: World of Color full test recorded from the Grand Californian - YouTube

• Banned User

That sequence definitely needs to come back! It's just not the same show without it. It was a much more powerful statement.

• 5 Star

Dang. That looks really cool. Definitely looks like it was intended to be WoC's version of the F! dragon.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Here's another one I found:

World of Color Full Run-Through - Part 2 - YouTube

You can see it JUST left of the Golden Zephyr at ~7:30m. It's not as good as the other footage but it's a lot closer than the other video.

I found this thread right now showing what the tower looked like in the daylight, if anyone is interested:

WOC Chernabog Tower?????????????

I can see why they wouldn't want to bring the sequence back since a similarly themed sequence is featured in Fantasmic!, but I wish they'd bring back the Hellfire sequence at least!

• film975

Maybe they could bring the Hell fire sequence during the Villians Day that is supposed to be part of Limited Time Magic.

• No Disassemble!

Thanks all for bringing those old videos back. I remember back in the day those test vids used to get me really excited to see the finished product. And now it's just a stinky lake of oil that you hope won't rain all over you when the wind picks up. Oh how far we've come!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

I'm surprised no one has posted the official Disney Parks video of it. You can see it at the end of the video.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

It time for WoC to get a major revamp. Time to remove Merida and add Chernabog back. Also the Going the distance with the current runing of the entire Aladdin segment would be great. I would not mind an extra 5 minutes to WoC. They do it anyway with the pre/post shows.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Thanks all for bringing those old videos back. I remember back in the day those test vids used to get me really excited to see the finished product. And now it's just a stinky lake of oil that you hope won't rain all over you when the wind picks up. Oh how far we've come!
    I am totally with you, I remember the excitement of seeing these test vids and having to resist the urge to watch them all the way through.

I visited the park during the spring before WOC's premiere, when they were doing nightly testing of fountains and whatnot, and my then-gf and I actually went up to the viewing platforms of the Grand Californian to try to sneak a peak, even though we weren't even staying in the hotel. I remember being excited just to see out-of-place fountain testing!

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    It time for WoC to get a major revamp. Time to remove Merida and add Chernabog back. Also the Going the distance with the current runing of the entire Aladdin segment would be great. I would not mind an extra 5 minutes to WoC. They do it anyway with the pre/post shows.
    I agree, Merida should go. The ability to update WOC easily is the best and worst thing about the show. It will ensure the show never gets stale, but I hate that it's used as a promotional tool. Fantasmic doesn't promote a darn thing, and yet it's the most popular live show in Disney theme park history. There's a lesson there, TDA!

I want the Hellfire/Chernabog sequence to come back, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

• DLR Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by paswato View Post
    I'm surprised no one has posted the official Disney Parks video of it. You can see it at the end of the video.
    I saw no chernabog in this video.... did I miss something?
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by paswato View Post

i may be missing it but i dont see it at all in this video

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast