Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: If you were the CEO

i would change Disney a lot lol

within 15 years...

1 Disneyland would have a great adult night life
    - a new adult "land" built next to Toontown but blocked off from it
    - half price tickets for the night starting at 9:30
    - out door night club in the new land
    - residency concert in the adult land (sign 2 artist - 1 for older adults 40 -60 and 1 for 18 30)
    - Concert only Fri - Sun (2 shows a night)
    - Fast Pass' will be ur ticket into the show
    - children will not be allowed signs will be posted that this is a mature area
    - alcohol starting at 10pm
    - maybe even open a singles bar where those who go alone can meet sum1 to go on the rides with since i see so many guys alone every time we go

2 Revamp 2Morrow Land
    - Finding Nemo GONE
    - Autopia - GONE
    - Innoventions - GONE
    - Astro Oritor - GONE
    - add 3 new rides... 1 of them being like The Simpsons 3D ride that will take u to the future
    - Captin EO would get restored... new 4D effects and add unseen footage

3 Frontierland GONE replaced by a expansion of Advenureland
    - 2 new rides
    - Big Thunder would stay

4 Rivers Of America will be cut to only hold Fantasia
    - a new land will take its place
    - Heros Land (a place for the boys to have fun since Fantasy is so girlie)
    - Disney heros 3D ride (males from Disney movies only)
    - Marvel heros 3D ride
    - X Mad Ride
    - m&g with Marvel heros

5 Casey Jr - GONE replaced by Bambi out door ride

6 Storybook Land Ride - GONE replaced by Brave dark ride

7 add more PARTIES!!!!!!!!!
    - Easter, XMas, New Years, Hanukkah, Walts B-day, Mickeys B-day, Valentines, St. Patties Day...
    - Price lowed for those who did not buy a party ticket park closes at 6pm
    - party hours 7:30 - 11:30
    - new years hours... park closes at 5pm - - party hours 7pm - 2am
    - Party goodies given to each person when u walk in or when u buy the ticket

10 years after that

1 Bugs Land would be done for sure

2 work on giving better food

3 buy out all the hotels on 1 side

4 knocking down the bought hotel to make room for the next Disney Park

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Step 1: Get rid of Haunted Mansion Holiday once and for all, and bring back original attic scene
    Step 2: Remove Davy Jones/Blackbeard and bring back creepy voices, remove Barbossa and bring back Blackbeard, remove Jack Sparrows except for the one by the dunking well
    Step 3: Remove pirate references from Tom Sawyers Island
    Step 4: Reduce ODV food/drink costs by $.50 to $1.00
    Step 5: Remove Southern California Passes, increase Premium/ Deluxe passes, and lower one day admission to $40.
    Step 6: Get Tomorrowland project approved. (removing Astro Orbiter/rocks, removing observatron, removing PeopleMover tracks, bring back Rocket Jets, remove Innoventions, build Iron Man ride, etc.)
    Step 7: Bring back original bobsleds on Matterhorn
    Step 8: Enforce fastpass times (if it isn't done already)
    Step 9: Approve new funhouse dark ride for Paradise Pier in DCA
    Step 10: Build new parking structure in Simba and Pumba parking lots
    Step 11: Get rid of Halloween parties
    Step 12: Get rid of all Vacation Club kiosks from within the parks

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Your biggest moneymakers/potential moneymakers? I don't know if the shareholders would go for that.. But I will back you on ditching the Disney Parks label.
    Selling those off would ALSO make money. ABC is a remnant of bygone network television. The sooner Disney sells it off, the better chance that they can make good money from the sale. The longer they wait, the less they'll get.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    And with that attitude you would probably go down in history as the CEO with the shortest time on job cause the shareholders would quickly vote you out. (really just kidding so don't take offense)

Your vision for the parks would be interesting though.
    I agree with Retrocool about the stockholders. Too many companies ruin their businesses by trying to appease them. The market in general is a joke. Most stockholders are NOT investors, but rather, just looking for a quick buck. When millions of stocks are bought and sold in fractions of a second, there's no investment involved.

Companies need to focus on those elements that make them successful, and not try to bend to whatever those who just want faster short term returns (at the expense of the long term health of the company overall) feel would serve THEM better.

Of course, as the stock market is as it is, unfortunately this is all just wishful thinking. Now if we could go in and revamp the stock market too, a lot of things could be improved.

•   
    • Minion

1. Overhaul Disney's treatment of cast members with competitive wages, benefits and issue troubleshooting. Restore the holiday party and free Thanksgiving and New Year's dinners. The goal? to attract and retain bright, enthusiastic workers who like being there.
    2. Overhaul and intensify cast member training for customer service, first aid, etc.
    3. Work with Metrolink and/or Amtrak for a dedicated "Disneyland Express" train service with direct shuttle service meeting trains at Anaheim up until one hour past park closing.
    4. Return grad night to closed park/overnight parties and eliminate mix-ins.
    5. Return Candlelight to one weekend only.
    6. Work on original Disneyland/land specific merchandise instead of generic Disney Parks ish
    7. Work on improving food options and, in particular, providing more support for guests with food allergies and restrictions (such as one fancy restaurant that does not serve shellfish or nuts)
    8. Remove Innoventions, Magic Eye Theater, Peoplemover tracks
    9. Replace Autopia with futuristic spaceship driving ride or Aquatopia
    10. Redo Tomorrowland with steampunk theme
    11. Find a way to increase capacity on Peter Pan's Flight
    12. Dedicate more budget to park upkeep, renovations and restoration
    13. Replace Matterhorn sleds with ones that are actually comfortable, but still single rider
    14. Add Villains Land or Halloween Town

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Selling those off would ALSO make money. ABC is a remnant of bygone network television. The sooner Disney sells it off, the better chance that they can make good money from the sale. The longer they wait, the less they'll get.
    and yet revenues for Disney's television networks is up, and not because of ESPN but because of advertising on ABC.

"Overall, Disney’s media networks, including ABC, saw revenues increase by 7 per cent to $5.1-billion. Segment operating income rose 2 per cent to $1.2-billion, on the strength of ad sales at ABC"

Source

Disney would be nuts to sell the TV networks at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    and yet revenues for Disney's television networks is up, and not because of ESPN but because of advertising on ABC.

"Overall, Disney’s media networks, including ABC, saw revenues increase by 7 per cent to $5.1-billion. Segment operating income rose 2 per cent to $1.2-billion, on the strength of ad sales at ABC"

Source

Disney would be nuts to sell the TV networks at this time.
    Better sooner than after its too late to get a good price.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    Say if you were the next CEO of Disneyland what attraction would you take out? Would you bring any attractions back from yesterland? Would you lower prices on admission and food or would make it more. Let me hear your opinions.
    "CEO of Disneyland"? Not the whole company, but just one park, or perhaps the DLr?

I would implement my "one solution" plan.
    while this solves all the problems, it would create new ones. More people would have to be enticed to return to DL, to replace the current 1 million people who return regardless of the quality.

Probably take out Nemo and Autopia and Innoventions. But NOT BEFORE better than great replacements are imagineered. And no neighborhood kids' park replacement like that in WDW.
    Work on that back area of Frontierland, extending over the RR tracks and above the backlot.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

if someone I knew became CEO, I'd suggest they consider music and PA volume levels in the parks and downtown. In too many places in the parks, on attractions and often in eating areas and street entertainment the volume is so loud it is uncomfortable.
    I often find myself putting hands over my ears and I see others do it. It seems each venue has to be louder to be heard over the neighboring venue... no coordination. There are several places we don't eat because we don't just eat... we talk, and you can't when the music is rock concert level. We were walking past a cafe in CA, conversation like the old joke, "what do you want to do next?" "what?" "what was that? You want to eat?"
    A couple friends have told me of their children complaining, one parent said she no longer does Space Mountain after her daughters talked of having their ears ringing after the ride.

Now that smoking is more contained (when enforced), hearing loss will be the next big issue. I can't imagine the effect on employees...

Interesting, the trend to healthy foods
    fit but deaf?

I'd have them look into the decreasing quality of some of the jewelry items, sure they are not expensive, but the metal corrodes, things fall apart too soon.
    Agree, Tomorrow land is under utilized, the court area does little to add to the effect, nothing like Frontier or New Orleans though I don't think steampunk (as much as it is fun) fits either. I can imagine the Starwars bar scene... a more off-planet or space-port look. Photo ops with Aliens (like the bug characters in Bug land)? The area needs something....

Ariel... there is so rarely a line there, a pity. The entrance area is so nice, the attraction was a bit of a disappointment to me inside, strange, no where near the charm and visual excitement of Monsters Inc, an older attraction.

I'd ask my friend to address more seriously:
    line jumping, having one family member in line and then ten push their way through the line to join them. Once on Astroblasters so many pushed past us we were pushed back. The cast members looking the other way...
    In line for Racers, people pushing past and then climbing over the rails to the front of the line, a long line, over loud music, hearing the talk around me, people complaining. Annoying to wait and have people push past...

Same with standing for a good place to watch parades or fireworks... last minute arrivals pushing in, often rudely... after we had waited nearly an hour. I've seen some angry responses, it would be nice if the cast members kept it more organized

And... flash pictures on dark rides... if there is not going to be an attempt to stop it during the attraction (there should be) pull them aside when they exit and keep them standing for a 15 minute lecture on the effects of dark rides... make them lose a little time, once they realize there is a down side to their rude behavior for them, they will reconsider.
    one person can spoil the attraction for dozens who spent time and money for a once every so many years trip to Disneyland, I've heard the complaints and once turned to the cast member and asked them to let the family go again (three men with professional cameras lit up Pirates like daylight), family near us, waited an hour in line, first visit to Disneyland.
    I felt bad for them, what a disappointment

I'd keep Aladdin going... fantastic show, nothing about it is less than wonderful...
    the new flying carpet... better than ever

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by GwenRowan View Post

And... flash pictures on dark rides... if there is not going to be an attempt to stop it during the attraction (there should be) pull them aside when they exit and keep them standing for a 15 minute lecture on the effects of dark rides... make them lose a little time, once they realize there is a down side to their rude behavior for them, they will reconsider.
    one person can spoil the attraction for dozens who spent time and money for a once every so many years trip to Disneyland, I've heard the complaints and once turned to the cast member and asked them to let the family go again (three men with professional cameras lit up Pirates like daylight), family near us, waited an hour in line, first visit to Disneyland.
    I felt bad for them, what a disappointment
    I really need to learn how to say "No Flash Pictures!!" in like 8 other languages. We had that issue the other day with people ahead of us in our Pirates boat (a family of 9, Spanish speaking, 2 large cameras.) I got so frustrated with the flash every 45 seconds I said something, loudly. And was ignored. So I said it again, louder. Ignored. "POR FAVOR! NO FLASH PICTURES!!!" They stopped, looking sheepish. I hate when they pretend they don't understand. *huffs* Totally learning key phrases in more languages.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

^ auf Deutsch

kein Blitz Bilder bitte

• Evil is Sexy

Danke!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Nic

1. Buy out surrounding hotels and properties and build budget hotels that still have the Disney touch.
    2. Remove Big Thunder Ranch, and use all surrounding land to create a small woodland zoo, full of animals from classic Disney movies (i.e. fox for Robin Hood, deer for Bambi)
    3. Gut Captain E. and turn it into a planetarium show.
    4. Turn Pacific Wharf into an early Californian Hispanic village.
    5. Re-do Paradise Pier Hotel to match the scheme of the early Victorian boardwalk Paradise Pier. No more tacky surfboards.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I really need to learn how to say "No Flash Pictures!!" in like 8 other languages. We had that issue the other day with people ahead of us in our Pirates boat (a family of 9, Spanish speaking, 2 large cameras.) I got so frustrated with the flash every 45 seconds I said something, loudly. And was ignored. So I said it again, louder. Ignored. "POR FAVOR! NO FLASH PICTURES!!!" They stopped, looking sheepish. I hate when they pretend they don't understand. *huffs* Totally learning key phrases in more languages.
    °Por favor, no tome fotos con flash!

I understand your frustration over the flash photography issue. It seems to happen quite often on Pirates in particular. That and cell phone use.

• Sock Puppet

I think the thread starter meant "What would you do if you were Disneyland's C EO", meaning C(aptain) EO! If that was the case, I would jump off the spaceship after 1,000 underwhelming reruns!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast