Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• World of Color

Lightbulb If you were the CEO

Say if you were the next CEO of Disneyland what attraction would you take out? Would you bring any attractions back from yesterland? Would you lower prices on admission and food or would make it more. Let me hear your opinions.

• Under that tree again!

Re: If you were the CEO

I would do my duty to the shareholders to increase profits.

I would increase the price on snacks, but try to hold constant the table and counter service prices to keep guests eating in the parks.

When demand for in park dining rises, I would add table service locations and more breakfast offerings.

I would build another hotel in phases to keep demand/room rates high without saturating the market. Building additional wings or towers in the future. The hotel would be back on the Simba Lot and have a lower price point than the PPH to steal business from the Harbor Motels.

I would not add attractions until attendance in DCA slows.

I would redo attractions starting in Tomorrowland to update that land.

I would take out Autopia and Innoventions and replace with a big E-Ticket attraction. Eventually, I would re-locate Autopia to Cars Land with electric cars.

I would put back as much of the Mine Train as possible, adding it as an extension of Big Thunder. Build a new Living Desert in the Big Thunder Ranch area, where it used to be, and re-build Cascade Peak, and replace the track along the river. The Big Thunder ride could start with a slow portion through the desert, around Cascade Peak and through Rainbow Caverns and then end with the thrill ride that we have today.

• -

I think I would strive to make the quality match the prices. I would implement better customer device training than what is there now and come up with a program where the good employees rise to the top while weeding out the loafers and bad apples.
    Last edited by calsig31; 03-11-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I'd start a huge campaign and market "Disneyland 2.0". Basically in Phases spanning a number of years, the whole park will get Fantasyland 83 level renovations.

TL would come first obviously. The look of TL would change to a future where human technology coexists with nature. Trees, grass, hills, and modern structures would fill the land. Space mountain's facade would become a real mountain with a space port at the top using forced perspective. The subs would become a 2 way trip to an undersea city. Innoventions replaced with stark expo ride. Buzz replaced with dark ride where you teleport to a new, uncharted planet.

FL would get a complete overhaul from the matterhorn to Toon town. The matterhorn will get an indoor cavern like queue under the mountain. Add a Mary Popins Dark ride near IASW. Fantasia huge e-ticket where FL theater is. Toon Town gets an all black and white expansion.

Frontier Land would get a big ghost town expansion in Big thunder ranch and circle D area. Re-imagining of mine train with stop on Tom sawyers Island. Oh and while we're on the subject, the Island will need a re theme. Something original and not from a classic book, or from a movie. Keep it cannon somehow with big thunder and the new expansion.

Quick DCA list: Expand CL, Attraction in Pacific wharf, Overhaul Hollywoodland and theater, Re-theme Condor flats to forest, add props, vehicles, and human actors to WOC, and Beautify Paradise Pier. Cover Screamin steel supports with fake wooden shell exteriors and add more wood and just generally finish up the old pier theme they're going for.

As for financial decisions, I would continue the current trend of raising prices incrementally, attracting APs and tourists alike differently with differing offers. Expansion and added amenities would cope with crowds(Like cars land has). And the addition of 2 new hotels: one budget, but nicer than PP and one just under Grand Californian.

Once capacity is reached, 3rd gate with an emphasis on thrill to allow more family additions to the 2 current parks. And Im talking Indy, Space, and Racers thrills. Not California Screamin.

Do ALL this and maybe we can consider having those $1000 dollar premium AP from tokyo many micechatters call for.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

First I would retrain all CMs across the board. Only hire people with Custormer Service histroy in background. I would re design bus service in WDW. I would add new Pivilion in Epcot and 2 new Showcases. I would then go to Live action dept and fire and rehire everyone. (Get them scarde). Retheme Disney Channel, again. DL i would try to retheme DtD. Also add express walkway to Paradise Pier hotel, rebuild Pumba to Lion King Structure, also permently add the birthday promotion. This would allow one person in while making their family pay alot. Also make give every empolee a 2% raise and also stop manufacting in China and move it to US or Canada. Also build a Theme park in Van, Canada. And reduce all complaints from all fronts to 1%
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

Step 1: Get rid of Haunted Mansion Holiday once and for all, and bring back original attic scene
    Step 2: Remove Davy Jones/Blackbeard and bring back creepy voices, remove Barbossa and bring back Blackbeard, remove Jack Sparrows except for the one by the dunking well
    Step 3: Remove pirate references from Tom Sawyers Island
    Step 4: Reduce ODV food/drink costs by $.50 to $1.00
    Step 5: Remove Southern California Passes, increase Premium/ Deluxe passes, and lower one day admission to $40.
    Step 6: Get Tomorrowland project approved. (removing Astro Orbiter/rocks, removing observatron, removing PeopleMover tracks, bring back Rocket Jets, remove Innoventions, build Iron Man ride, etc.)
    Step 7: Bring back original bobsleds on Matterhorn
    Step 8: Enforce fastpass times (if it isn't done already)
    Step 9: Approve new funhouse dark ride for Paradise Pier in DCA
    Step 10: Build new parking structure in Simba and Pumba parking lots
    Step 11: Get rid of Halloween parties

• The doctor is in

I would completely revamp the FP system, bring back the old Matterhorn sleds, remove Innoventions, and remove Autopia.
    Last edited by DrFink; 01-25-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

My first goal would be to implement to all of my suits and cast members that the smile on the face of a child will always prevail over the bottom dollar and that Walt's dream was not about the profit as much as the imagination of young minds and hearts in the world to dream. Then I would go back to buy American products to sell in the parks and expand to absorb the crowds to keep the feel of the parks intimate.

• Inappropriate

I would focus on boosting CM morale. Update the backstage areas. All of them. Let the same quality prevail on both sides of the Cast Members Only doors. You make them happy, and they will hopefully make the guest happy. Also, TDA suits would be required to know the park for which they work.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

If I was CEO of the Walt Disney Company (there is no CEO of Disneyland, only a President), I would do, among many other things, the following:

1. Sell ABC/ESPN/Cap Cities.

2. Sell Marvel Entertainment.

3. Sell Lucasfilm.

4. Revamp live action film production to emphasize low-to-mid-budget films (greater profit potential per film; even if a film does middling business, it can be profitable, if the budget is low enough). Have maybe just one or two films per year (and sometimes none) with $100-200 million dollar budgets (no higher). Also make a concerted effort to offer more G-rated family entertainment in live action as well as in animation. Improve marketing and support for Disneynature films. Rebrand "Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures" as Buena Vista Distribution Co. (and bring back the classic logo as well). Reestablish the "Walt Disney Productions" brand name, and use it as an umbrella division under which Walt Disney Pictures (the live action branch), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disneynature, and each Disney park would exist. Initiate a reintroduction of theatrical re-releases of classic Disney films, both animated and live action, including the True-Life Adventure films. Initiate a subdivision of Walt Disney Productions, that works in conjunction with Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Disneynature, that focuses solely on theatrical short subjects (this would subsequently reestablish showing short subjects before every Disney theatrical release and re-release). Increase the budget for film restoration and archiving, with a concentration on classic Walt Disney educational films and the TV anthology series.

5. Keep Disney XD and Disney Junior, but make some revisions to programming on Disney Channel (such as including classic Disney animated shorts on Saturday mornings), and launch a Walt Disney Classics channel for classic Disney TV and movie programming.

6. Retire the "Disney Parks" brand, make each Disney park a subdivision of Walt Disney Productions, and remove the name "Resort" from Disney's two Parks in California.

7. Invest more heavily in various necessary refurbs in Disneyland and WDW (such as a complete overhaul of Tomorrowland), double (if not triple) the budgets for Maintenance, as well as bring back Disney University and the traditional Disney CM training. Increase land-specific merchandising. Work to develop increased (but slightly less conspicuous) corporate sponsorship (and development) of attractions in each land, with an eye toward socially and environmentally responsible corporate partners.

8. Increase AP pricing while decreasing single- and two-day pricing. Eliminate Park Hoppers altogether.

9. Reduce the profit margins on food & beverage in the Parks.

10. Pay more attention to Imagineers, less to Marketing.

11. Establish Disney Manufacturing, which would be responsible for most Disney-branded manufactured goods. In most cases, this would be done by outsourcing manufacturing to US manufacturing companies, thus keeping Disney-branded products as American-made.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    If I was CEO of the Walt Disney Company (there is no CEO of Disneyland, only a President), I would do, among many other things, the following:

1. Sell ABC/ESPN/Cap Cities.

2. Sell Marvel Entertainment.

3. Sell Lucasfilm.
    Your biggest moneymakers/potential moneymakers? I don't know if the shareholders would go for that.. But I will back you on ditching the Disney Parks label.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Your biggest moneymakers/potential moneymakers? I don't know if the shareholders would go for that.. But I will back you on ditching the Disney Parks label.
    Yep. I really don't care that much about what shareholders think. If they don't like it, they can sell their shares back to the company. In fact, I'd probably initiate a major stock buyback so the company can be primarily privately held again. Although the company's IPO was in April 1940, do you really think Walt gave that much attention to what the shareholders thought? If he did, Disneyland never would have been built, and it's unlikely he would have gone into television when he did.

So, yeah, unlike the current corporate suits, I don't really give that much value to shareholder opinion (and neither did Walt). If I'm running the show, I do what I think is right for the company. And I think that selling those companies would not only provide a LOT of cash to the company coffers, but it would help to provide better focus for the company.

You know, I'd LEAD the company. Not just be the figurehead, kowtowing to whatever the shareholders tell me to do. That's just how I roll.

• Under that tree again!

If he did, Disneyland never would have been built, and it's unlikely he would have gone into television when he did.

So, yeah, unlike the current corporate suits, I don't really give that much value to shareholder opinion (and neither did Walt).
    He did have to listen to the shareholders, as would you. The Disney Company did not build Disneyland, other investors including Walt did. The Disney Company fortunately bought the park from those investors and kept it as part of the company.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Yep. I really don't care that much about what shareholders think. If they don't like it, they can sell their shares back to the company. In fact, I'd probably initiate a major stock buyback so the company can be primarily privately held again. Although the company's IPO was in April 1940, do you really think Walt gave that much attention to what the shareholders thought? If he did, Disneyland never would have been built, and it's unlikely he would have gone into television when he did.

So, yeah, unlike the current corporate suits, I don't really give that much value to shareholder opinion (and neither did Walt). If I'm running the show, I do what I think is right for the company. And I think that selling those companies would not only provide a LOT of cash to the company coffers, but it would help to provide better focus for the company.

You know, I'd LEAD the company. Not just be the figurehead, kowtowing to whatever the shareholders tell me to do. That's just how I roll.
    And with that attitude you would probably go down in history as the CEO with the shortest time on job cause the shareholders would quickly vote you out. (really just kidding so don't take offense)

Your vision for the parks would be interesting though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast