View Poll Results: Bring back Jazz to the Mark Twain at night

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be all for it

    54 98.18%
  • No, don't care for it at all

    1 1.82%
  • Meh, don't care either way

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,609

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    They have bands play there still. I have seen quite a few live bands playing from there recently.
    It's not the same thing. That small rising stage is nothing like the outdoor space they used to have where the Magic Eye Theater currently resides. I was also referring to big name entertainment, not the "I don't cares" that play at Tomorrowland Terrace.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  2. #17

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,056

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Awesome Atmosphere.
    Absolutely!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  3. #18

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,056

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    They have bands play there still. I have seen quite a few live bands playing from there recently.
    I believe calsig is talking about this theater which is where the Magic Eye is now:
    Name:  tomorrowland theater.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  74.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    JSC
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    If Disney were smart, they could have country bands play in the Old Hunchback area or even in Big Thunder Ranch.
    Well, this is true. In fact, they should turn that area into a small amphitheater, much like Knott's Berry Farm Wagon Camp, where they can feature not only live country music entertainment of all kinds but also a Wild West stunt show, Native American dancers, and mariachi bands. There could be not only modern day country artists (probably not the big names, but more likely up and coming performers), but also traditional acts, as well as storytelling, comedy, cowboy poetry gatherings, and maybe even some barbecue and chili competitions.

  5. #20

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,609

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I believe calsig is talking about this theater which is where the Magic Eye is now:
    Name:  tomorrowland theater.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  74.2 KB
    Yep
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    JSC
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's not the same thing. That small rising stage is nothing like the outdoor space they used to have where the Magic Eye Theater currently resides. I was also referring to big name entertainment, not the "I don't cares" that play at Tomorrowland Terrace.
    Actually I was thinking of the Tomorrowland Terrace, but bringing back the Tomorrowland Stage would be great too.

    As for booking "I don't cares" at the Tomorrowland Terrace, they didn't always. I distinctly remember seeing the country band Alabama perform there in 1978 or 1979, not long before their debut album came out. They were terrific, and you could literally walk up and watch the performance from behind the drummer, a viewpoint that hasn't been possible since then with that band.

    But big name or not, the importance is that Disneyland book GOOD music acts there, not just some half-baked cover band (and even if they are going to book a cover band, they should be a really GOOD cover band, like Papa Doo Run Run, which had a 15-year run as the "Celebrity House Band" at Disneyland from 1975-90).

  7. #22

    • Disney Philosopher
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    I.E. SoCal, USA
    Posts
    217

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    I remenber the bands on the boat as a kid, bring it back
    "These are a few of my favorite things"


  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    los angeles, ca.
    Posts
    296

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    absolutely yes. i also think it would be nice if they brought in some young bands for short residencies. there are a bunch of great musicians playing trad jazz right now (i.e. tuba skinny from new orleans, check them out on youtube) who would be great to see on the mark twain or in the french market. same goes for country bands in the golden horseshoe or big thunder ranch.

    i'm not knocking on the disneyland house bands, of course, but i think bringing in different bands from around the country could help bring a more authentic experience to new orleans square & frontierland.

  9. #24

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,609

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    As for booking "I don't cares" at the Tomorrowland Terrace, they didn't always. I distinctly remember seeing the country band Alabama perform there in 1978 or 1979, not long before their debut album came out. They were terrific, and you could literally walk up and watch the performance from behind the drummer, a viewpoint that hasn't been possible since then with that band.
    It is performances like that to which I am referring. I really wish they would bring that back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    But big name or not, the importance is that Disneyland book GOOD music acts there, not just some half-baked cover band (and even if they are going to book a cover band, they should be a really GOOD cover band, like Papa Doo Run Run, which had a 15-year run as the "Celebrity House Band" at Disneyland from 1975-90).
    This is so true. Quality acts are what is needed.

    As far as cover bands, I remember when they used to have the Fab Four playing there and they drew huge crowds.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  10. #25

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,056

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    absolutely yes. i also think it would be nice if they brought in some young bands for short residencies. there are a bunch of great musicians playing trad jazz right now (i.e. tuba skinny from new orleans, check them out on youtube) who would be great to see on the mark twain or in the french market. same goes for country bands in the golden horseshoe or big thunder ranch.

    i'm not knocking on the disneyland house bands, of course, but i think bringing in different bands from around the country could help bring a more authentic experience to new orleans square & frontierland.
    Great idea, they could even bring in some of those school jazz bands that are real good.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  11. #26

    • Bring back the Keelboats!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    2,391

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    I remember seeing Louis Armstrong. Would LOVE to have jazz bands back onboard. (I also remember when they served Mint Juleps onboard, too)

    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

  12. #27

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    JSC
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    absolutely yes. i also think it would be nice if they brought in some young bands for short residencies. there are a bunch of great musicians playing trad jazz right now (i.e. tuba skinny from new orleans, check them out on youtube) who would be great to see on the mark twain or in the french market. same goes for country bands in the golden horseshoe or big thunder ranch.

    i'm not knocking on the disneyland house bands, of course, but i think bringing in different bands from around the country could help bring a more authentic experience to new orleans square & frontierland.
    Exactly! Variety is the spice of life, and that goes for music too! Plus the injection of some new blood can help keep the house bands on their toes a bit more, too.

    I checked out Tuba Skinny - they're terrific! I saw them on HBO's Treme not long ago, too.



    I'd also recommend the Rebirth Brass Band and the Hot 8 Brass Band as well.




  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    938

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Yes, why can't the do it for a couple hours before the Fantasmic show? 6-8 in winter? I guess in the summer wouldn't work, but couldn't they just play on some rafts or something like the Dapper Dans do on Halloween? Like for the crowds waiting etc.

  14. #29

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,825

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    Man! How freaking cool would that be? Especially if they could find a great Satchmo impersonator! Oh! And play songs from the Disney the Satchmo Way album!!!
    Last edited by Coastierox; 01-26-2013 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Satchmo is hard to spell....
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  15. #30

    • Just drawn that way
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    L'empire de la Mort
    Posts
    272

    Re: Would you like Jazz bands back on the Mark Twain?

    I'd love to see Jazz bands there, the Mark Twain at night is one of my favorite things to do!
    Little and broken, but still good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] what holidays would you like to see observed in the parks
    By imaginashton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 02:06 AM
  2. [Chat] What Would you like to see added to the HM?
    By JerrodDRagon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
  3. What Character would you like to see out in the Park?
    By Crazy Legs in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 03:27 PM
  4. Which 3 Restaurants would you like to see return to the DLR?
    By Giant Panda in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 09:49 PM
  5. What would you like to see changed on the rides for the 50th?
    By IndyJn511 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 04:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •