Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: How do your friends/co-workers/family view your interest in Disneyland and Disney

Family isn't close; they know I do Disney, not a big deal. Friends? Across the board; some are Disney fanatics like me; others think I'm strange (for more than just the Disney thing, though). Some of my coworkers go to the parks with me, so that's fun.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Re: How do your friends/co-workers/family view your interest in Disneyland and Disney

Let the nay say'rs laugh and point their finger's at us we have what they don't have....FUN!!
    Just a thought from an old Disney geek and proud of it... This also reminds me of a true story of a man who loved the electrical parade so much that he attended every performance until it went dark in Disneyland and he was no spring chicken, I do remember them saying he enjoyed each show as tho it was the first time he had ever seen it...so let it be known we go back to the start of Walt's dream and forward to another generation of dreamers..keep passing the torch.
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

• Minion

Many of my family members have or had passes to DLR or other parks and they know of my life-long obsession with roller coasters, amusement parks and animation/film (my college major) so they're not surprised.

Co-workers were a little amused at first, but I was previously "the Trekkie" so in the eyes of at least one person it's an improvement (he insisted on lending me his bow-tie for Dapper Day last fall).

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Well, being from Canada and far away from the parks, I am often treated as an anomaly.

• Under that tree again!

When word gets out I'm taking time off, I get a lot of jokers saying things like, "Say hi to Mickey", and "Enjoy the lines".

Other peers ask me questions and for tips, since they know I go often.

It varies. Some people I know are big fans as well, others don't get my/our frequent visits. Had a brother in law that thought my love of Disneyland was creepy. He's a bit of a freak in general so I take his opinion with a grain of salt. Have had others poke fun at me as well but I just let it roll off me at this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123