Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Trip report: 1-14-06

Sunnygirl and I took the Jr. Miss to Disneyland tonight and it was amazing, we got to the parks around 4:30 which the past few months has meant getting on just a handful of rides. But with the rain today during the day the crowds were thinner than normally they would be. Our first goal was to go on Monsters Inc in DCA, we saw a 25 minute wait and decided to head to the Animation building played around awhile there then headed back to Monsters where the line was huge. I love this ride. We then decided to head to Disneyland to have some dinner. We headed to Rancho Del Zocalo to try out the new menu.

One side has the burritos and tacos the rest is on the other side. There was somehow confusion in our ordering process as SG ordered one order of tacos and one burrito for her and the jr miss and the person taking our order had difficulty understanding. The food is good, I liked the tacos, wasn't a fan of the rice however.

Anyways, we then went on Pirates, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Winnie the Pooh, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Astro-Orbitor, Star Tours, Space Mountain, where we had a 35 minute wait just. We then headed over to fantasyland since the fireworks were canceled. We decided to go on Snow White, half way through the ride, we got stopped and then the house lights came on and after awhile a CM came over to walk us off the ride.

We then went over to Stage Door to grab a snack and watch the 10:30 Fantasmic! followed by a second trip on Pirates. We decided to head back to Fantasyland where we saw how short the line for Peter Pan was so we jumped in line. Dumbo was a walkon, so we decided to go on that as well, my first time since I was 6 or so. Then to close out the night we headed over to Storybook Land.

On the way out after midnight, none of the shops were staying open on Main Street which I hadn't seen since Grad nights this past summer.

So a total of 14 rides, a nice dinner and Fantasmic in one night! I love the offseason!!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Trip report: 1-14-06

NOOOOO! My Fish Tacos are gone!!!!!!
    -Monorail Man

• Senior Minion

Anders, did the portions seem small at Rancho?

Thanks for the pics and a pleasant report on your visit, glad to hear all of you had a great time!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Again! Again! Again!

Ok, those were scary pictures!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Anders, did the portions seem small at Rancho?

Thanks for the pics and a pleasant report on your visit, glad to hear all of you had a great time!
    hmm, I wouldn't say small, the tacos were decent sized. The plate gets divided into three sections, the rice/beans, the entree, then the lettuce, sour cream, guac, salsa. To me it seemed like less food, but that may just be me.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• A Pirate's life for me!

Great pics and info.

Thanks!

• Closed Account

So are crowds dying down a bit? I am thinking of going up on Thursday.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    So are crowds dying down a bit? I am thinking of going up on Thursday.
    I think crowds are dying down a bit, the holiday rush is over with kids back in school now. Yesterday was even less crowded due to the rain during the day and it was cold at night.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

It was truly the best day at DL I've spent in a while...I'll post more pics soon!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Just Me

We were there all day yesterday. The rain was great. It was just starting to get crowded when the rain hit. It cleared things out after about an hour. We got to DLR around 7:15, went to breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. The characters were wonderful. The Mad Hatter sat with us for a good 5 minutes. After that, Hubby went to park the car and The Boy, a friend and me walked down to the park. We had to buy a ticket for her, but there was no line. They opened the gates at 8:30, we were able to activate our AP's right then. Again there was no wait. When the rope dropped we headed for Buzz. We loved it! Then we were able to get on Space with only about a 10-20 minute wait.

After we got done with that side of the park we headed to NOS, Critter Country and Adventureland. By then the rain had started, a light misty rain. We got fastpasses for Indy and The Boy and I lost Hubby and friend when we jumped in the very short line for Jungle Cruise. Our skipper was Andrew. He was great. We were right next to him. At the African bull elephant he said that it was the only one around. The Boy quickly pointed to the other one and was told that was an African bull penguin. He tried to get The Boy to agree, but was shot down. It was too funny! The only ride with a huge line was Pirates. We skipped it, did HMH and then Splash. Splash was a total walk on. By the time we were done the Pirates line had disappeared so that was next.

They went to go do Indy, were just ready to load when the ride broke down. By now we were all hungy. Disney really needs to invest in some covered dining areas. We ended up going to DTD for lunch.

After that it was off to DCA. We used the GCH entrance. There is an older man working the turnstiles. He has been there the last several times we have gone. He is so wonderful. I have never seen him in a bad mood. He always tells us to have a great day, using our names. It was the perfect start to our DCA experience.

Our main goal was to ride Monters Inc. I thought it was cute, but disappointing. IT could have been so much better as a rollercoaster, expecially during the hanging door sequence of the film. Hubby was not impressed. He said it was very much like Pooh. The Boy didn't say anything at all, but asked if he could go on Buzz again.

We left the park at 6:30.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    Disney really needs to invest in some covered dining areas. We ended up going to DTD for lunch.

After that it was off to DCA. We used the GCH entrance. There is an older man working the turnstiles. He has been there the last several times we have gone. He is so wonderful. I have never seen him in a bad mood. He always tells us to have a great day, using our names. It was the perfect start to our DCA experience.

Our main goal was to ride Monters Inc. I thought it was cute, but disappointing. IT could have been so much better as a rollercoaster, expecially during the hanging door sequence of the film. Hubby was not impressed. He said it was very much like Pooh. The Boy didn't say anything at all, but asked if he could go on Buzz again.

We left the park at 6:30.
    I'm with you on the covered dining areas! It's a good thing that I like The Villiage Haus because it's covered. I was there last January in the rain and went through the same thing.

I'm glad you like that park greeter at GCH/DCA enterance. You should write a note about it. I'm sure it would brighten his day. I have a friend that was a Park Greeter who told how much of a wearing job it could be... just an idea?

Anyway. Thank you for the details of your visit as it was quite different than that of Anders/sunnygirl. And your opinions on Monsters contrasts also. I guess I will have to wait and see it myself.

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    NOOOOO! My Fish Tacos are gone!!!!!!
    My condolences.

Thanks for the report! Plan to make it out to the park on the 29th.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Also, forgot to mention, the drunken pirate with his leg dangling on the bridge before the jail scene was missing.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

OK, here's some more pics...

It was a very gray and stormy day

The Jr Miss and I in the animation building

Jr Miss Sunnygirl says, "Sugar rules."

Me and Anders

Jay and Silent Bob? No, it's Jr Miss Sunnygirl and Anders!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

you guys looked cold??

I am glad I was nice and warm inside
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast