Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: Ultra Low Light Clarity POV of Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Peter Pa

Thanks chatters for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Definitely some of the better ride videos that I've seen on YouTube. What is the lens you're using that allows such low-light conditions?
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    From what I can tell, It looks like a f1.4 DSLR Lens at 35mm or 50mm. I think its in manual focus. I'm basing this off of similar videos I shot 2 years ago.
    You're correct orbitalpunk! I did use a wide aperture Canon F1.4 at 24mm. Unfortunately, I used it on the canon 60D crop sensor instead of a full frame body. If I was to shoot the video at 50mm or 35mm on a crop sensor, it would be really zoom in. Luckily, I shot it with a 24mm. Would have been perfect with a full frame body though.

The lens itself was quite heavy trying to shoot it on a ride that's jerky.

Here's Pinocchio's Daring Adventure:

Last edited by SoCalbma; 01-27-2013 at 12:28 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Re: Ultra Low Light Clarity POV of Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Peter Pa

Great quality from your camera! It's nearly impossible to capture a dark ride on film and have it look like it looks to the human eye. Thanks for sharing!

So, Indy was filmed AFTER the rehab you say? Well that makes me sad. A LOT is wrong already with it in the video

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Thank for sharing such great videos. It makes me wish our trip was that much sooner(45 days away).

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    You're correct orbitalpunk! I did use a wide aperture Canon F1.4 at 24mm. Unfortunately, I used it on the canon 60D crop sensor instead of a full frame body. If I was to shoot the video at 50mm or 35mm on a crop sensor, it would be really zoom in. Luckily, I shot it with a 24mm. Would have been perfect with a full frame body though.

The lens itself was quite heavy trying to shoot it on a ride that's jerky.
    Very cool. I have the same lens actually that I use for my videos on my 5D. These kinds of videos was one of the main reason why I bought the lens. Guess we're both crazy since that lens costs an arm and a leg. Haha... The hardest part for me is manual focusing with the LCD.

• Minion

Fantastic videos. Great job on this. Thank you for posting them. I wish you could have done this for the old Rainbow Caverns and the Adventure thru Inner Space scenes.

• Love HD videos!

Quote Originally Posted by createamations View Post
    So, Indy was filmed AFTER the rehab you say? Well that makes me sad. A LOT is wrong already with it in the video
    Yep, filmed last Friday 1/18/2013. I Still don't understand why the boulder room isn't working after the rehab

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    That's so clear you can even spot the Hidden Mickey on Peter Pan. I look forward to future vids, and thanks!
    Where is the Hidden Mickey?

• MaliBOOMer

This is the future!
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Yep, filmed last Friday 1/18/2013. I Still don't understand why the boulder room isn't working after the rehab
    I want to preface by saying I am NOT the type of person who goes to the parks looking for burned out lightbulbs or scratched paint. I honestly find that kind of negativity to be a huge turnoff. The thing is, this is much bigger than APer nit-picking. I make it to Disneyland once a year. Indy was closed on my last visit, meaning the most recent time I rode Indy was October 2011.

Here's the thing - every effect not functioning in that video was also not functioning on my last ride a year and a half ago

It's much more than the boulder - but speaking of - one thing that hasn't worked in SEVERAL years (at least three) is the audio cues for Indy in that scene. He used to have basically an opening line and a closing line. "Get me in! Get me in! ... GET ME OUT! GET ME OUT!" I have not heard him say the closing line to ANY of his dialogues in that scene in years. It's just an opening line followed by another opening line now. "Get me in! Get me in! ... A rescue, just what I need!" Blah.

(Of course none of this has anything to do with your camera, just what your camera saw. Your camera is wonderful - and I was excited today to find out after showing your videos to my roommate that he has the same one! Now to work on him getting the uber-expensive lense for it!)

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Outstanding videos! Not only is the quality and clarity better than every youtube pov out there, you have a knack for capturing all the action at the right time! I also must add that the audio pickup is also really good on your camera! Always a big fan of your videos! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into these!

• Love HD videos!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    Outstanding videos! Not only is the quality and clarity better than every youtube pov out there, you have a knack for capturing all the action at the right time! I also must add that the audio pickup is also really good on your camera! Always a big fan of your videos! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into these!
    Thank You!!!

• Tickets please...

Amazing videos!

• DLR Enthusiast

Awesome vids! Thanks for sharing!
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• New Member Goes Forth

Thansk for the POVs.

These are some of the bst I have se on YouTube

Thanks Again

Trumpet
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Holy cow...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! These are all Amazing!!!! I love finally being able to see everything like I do on the rides!!!!!!!!!

• Doombuggy Rider

WOW !!

You have amazing videos (the low level light lens / filter is fantastic) .... thank you so much for sharing the "Disney Magic" ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast