Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: Ultra Low Light Clarity POV of Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Peter Pa

Here's another low light POV of Snow White.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Love HD videos!

Re: Ultra Low Light Clarity POV of Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Peter Pa

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    WOW !!

You have amazing videos (the low level light lens / filter is fantastic) .... thank you so much for sharing the "Disney Magic" ....

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by Timhotep View Post
    Holy cow...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! These are all Amazing!!!! I love finally being able to see everything like I do on the rides!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Thansk for the POVs.

These are some of the bst I have se on YouTube

Thanks Again

Trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post
    Awesome vids! Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Amazing videos!
    Thank You so much! for your awesome comments.

Amazing! I have been waiting for this technology to come about for sooo long!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Love HD videos!

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh83 View Post
    Amazing! I have been waiting for this technology to come about for sooo long!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
    Thanks!

Here's another low light of Mr Toad's Wild Ride

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Hey Mice Chatters,

As you can see, I have contributed a lot of Disneyland Resorts videos to this forum in the past. This time around I want to introduce you to four awesome Ultra Clear Low Light Ride videos using a lens that is capable of shooting in the dark without the use of any infrared lighting/night vision that gives you a true natural colors look at the ride experience. I filmed these videos last weekend.

Hope you enjoy it. Make sure to watch it in HD!

Several more to come...

Indiana Jones Adventure after the Refurbishment 1/18/2013 :

Peter Pan's Flight:

Haunted Mansion:

Pirates of the Caribbean:

Update:

Alice in Wonderland

I agree, most impressive low light levels on your camcorder, but I have a few tips for you.

First, and most important, my old film teacher told us that when filming video, we should act like we are under water, moving very slowly, since even the smallest movement of the camera will be exaggerated many times over, and the human eye will stablize the movements, so we cannot see them when looking thru the viewfinder, or monitor.

second, try to brace yourself as firmly as you can, especially on bumpy rides, if you can't use a tripod or "monopod", which is what I use constantly. In the mansion, I brace myself up against the side of the doombuggy and just record only one side of the ride, then go thru a second time.

Thirdly, always try to plan out what you want to capture in advance, so you will be "zoning" in on that event, like the teeter-totter ghosts in the graveyard, so you can stay on them for at least 10-15 seconds, and try to stay as still as possible, you can always edit the footage later. When I go thru POTC, I ask the CM for a front seat, since I am filming, and they are always accomidating to me. I either get the front right or left side, depending which side I want to record, then I brace my monopod against the floor and the handrail in front, and I bring a little bungee cord to lock it down with, which will still allow me to move from side to side, but remain steady.

In the Indy Jones ride, you have to go with totally hand held because the car shakes too much, and you can't even brace yourself against the side of the car, because it bounces too much.

You may want to consider putting a large logo at the front of the video, showing your name or whatever, because having that logo running thru the whole movie is very distracting, and seems a little bit ego. I'm just saying.......

What type of camcorder are you using, by the way?

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Fantastic job! Looking forward to watching all of them (I've only watched Pirates and Alice so far)

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post
    I agree, most impressive low light levels on your camcorder, but I have a few tips for you.

First, and most important, my old film teacher told us that when filming video, we should act like we are under water, moving very slowly, since even the smallest movement of the camera will be exaggerated many times over, and the human eye will stablize the movements, so we cannot see them when looking thru the viewfinder, or monitor.

second, try to brace yourself as firmly as you can, especially on bumpy rides, if you can't use a tripod or "monopod", which is what I use constantly. In the mansion, I brace myself up against the side of the doombuggy and just record only one side of the ride, then go thru a second time.

Thirdly, always try to plan out what you want to capture in advance, so you will be "zoning" in on that event, like the teeter-totter ghosts in the graveyard, so you can stay on them for at least 10-15 seconds, and try to stay as still as possible, you can always edit the footage later. When I go thru POTC, I ask the CM for a front seat, since I am filming, and they are always accomidating to me. I either get the front right or left side, depending which side I want to record, then I brace my monopod against the floor and the handrail in front, and I bring a little bungee cord to lock it down with, which will still allow me to move from side to side, but remain steady.

In the Indy Jones ride, you have to go with totally hand held because the car shakes too much, and you can't even brace yourself against the side of the car, because it bounces too much.

You may want to consider putting a large logo at the front of the video, showing your name or whatever, because having that logo running thru the whole movie is very distracting, and seems a little bit ego. I'm just saying.......

What type of camcorder are you using, by the way?
    What is your youtube handle so we may see how well your vids came out using these tips? If there is an art of filming amusement park attractions, SoCalmba would be teaching a master class in it. His logo is there because it is his work. I also do not see it as distracting unless you have a habbit of focusing on the far bottom right of the screen and not where the camera is focused on. It also prevents people from duplicating his videos and posting it online as their own. Seriously it is not about ego, that is like saying Van Gogh should not sign any of his art. I'm sure your tips are full of good intentions. But are we not being just a wee bit nitpicky here?

• HYDRA

What camera and lens do you use!
    i have the HDR-CX7 and its nothing like this!!!!!
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

I agree with you Dragon, and I am most sorry if it sounded like I was being too harsh, or trying to slam anyone, that was not my intention. And I have to say that his vids are a breath of fresh air, compared with many of the Youtube vids that are constantly shaking, or pointing here for 1/2 of 1 nanosecond and then pointing over there, back and forth. These vids are second only to "Martin's" vids of the parks. Really great stuff, but you know us diehard Disney fans, we want MORE and BETTER! LOL

I wish I had vids as good as these to put up on Youtube, but I don't have the expertise to even post them on Youtube, I'm really a doofus when it comes to those things.

I just wanted to give him some tips to help him out. As for people grabbing it off of Youtube and using it for their own, they are going to do that all the time anyway, they'll just crop out the bottom of the screen, or just run a black bar down there and on the top, to make it "widescreen"! Seen that happen more than once!

Anyways, sorry once again if any of my comments were taken the wrong way.

• Love HD videos!

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post

One of my pet peeve is that I hate watching shaky videos on YouTube. If you have not seen my YouTube channels yet, I have to say that I have a lot of footages and my goal is to provide shaky-free HD videos for my viewers. I learn from other YouTubers theme park videos mistake and try and improve on that in all my videos.

The reason why these Low Light videos on this thread are a bit shaky is because the low light lens combines with the weight of the DSLR body is very hard to hold while recording. Hence, why these videos on here are a bit shaky. But, if you do go on my YouTube channel, I do have all the same ride videos that are in this thread that are not shaky at all and it's more zoom out because I use a light weight wide lens on my camera, but of course, some of the dark scenes are no longer visible to the camera.

I do use tripod while recording some of the things such as show or parade in the park.

As for the logo on the lower right hand corner, I will continue to put it there. Yes, I do realized that some people will take my videos and crop out my logo. I have seen it happened many times before.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 02-25-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Great!
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Love HD videos!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    What camera and lens do you use!
    i have the HDR-CX7 and its nothing like this!!!!!
    The camera I use to record is the Canon DSLR and the lens is Canon F1.4 at 24mm. The lens itself is very heavy and expensive.

Thank you, thank you for these amazing videos, definitly the best videos I've found on youtube.

Woah! Awesome vids!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Whew.... just looked up what a wide angle prime would run me...not gonna happen this trip. I'll have to try it out with my old 50/1.4 even with the long focal length. I wonder if my 24-70/2.8 and a uber high ISO would suffice? These are great, and I want to try to duplicate them on my upcoming trip.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast