Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: What Complaints/Compliments Have You Made at City Hall?

I usually send my feedback through email but I've gone to City Hall, too. I've also tried to give way more compliments than complaints.

Some of the compliments:
    1. The Halloween party (overall) in 2012
    2. The CM playing Merida at the Brave M&G - we thought she was excellent
    3. A CM at the Haunted Mansion who let us go see the original pet cemetery (we didn't mention this specifically in the compliment; we said he went out of his way to help us, etc. because we didn't know if mentioning the cemetery would be a good idea)
    4. A CM who noticed us looking at the old Skyway station, took a photo of us standing in front of it and tipped us off to the best place to get a good view (the Casey Jr train!).
    5. Maleficent at the Halloween party!

I've only made a handful of complaints:
    1. The truly rude CMs at the 2011 Halloween party (who included a CM who was muttering under their breath, a CM who was shouting and ranting at the people waiting for the tram, CMs who completely ignored guests for their personal conversations, etc.). We didn't give names; we just gave examples.
    2. The Matterhorn bobsleds.
    3. A situation at the Matterhorn with a CM. I didn't report this at first but after thinking it over, I did.

• A Weather Eye Open

Confused about the Space Mountain complaints.

You must take your personal belongings with you on every ride, unless you buy a locker to put them in or leave them in a stroller or wheelchair you have (bad idea with a purse). That is true of every ride; if you brought a bag that can't get wet, why didn't you think of bringing a second bag, like a plastic shopping bag, to protect it? You asked the CMs what to do with it, how did you expect them to help you? Did you expect them to hold the purse for you? Did you want to just leave it on the ground where anyone could take it? I am not trying to be rude here, but I am actually interested in your line of thinking.

Especially since you and the Photopass CM thought City Hall should do something for you when it was your own lack for foresight that led to damaging the purse.

If I wear my suede boots and decide to ride Splash and they get ruined, I don't blame Disney, or the ride, or the CMs, or the other guests in the boat (regardless of their weight). The name of the ride is in big letters; I can fully expect to be drenched coming off. I've been an AP for years now but rarely ride, and it's not because I don't love the ride. If you get on Splash you should be in the mood to get wet.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• A Weather Eye Open

In terms of compliments and complaints I have left personally? I now keep a notebook when I go into the parks to make a list of all the people to leave compliments for! But you guys are right, when you are with family or friends they always want to leave and don't want to wait for you to go to city hall! What is the email address you can send them to? It would be a lot easier to just email from my phone during the shuttle ride!

I like to leave compliments not just for CMs who do something for me, like get me a fastpass, but also for CMs who just lift my mood. Sometimes I go into the park when I am bummed, looking for a way to cheer up, and just being there doesn't always do it. But just a smile or wave can really make my day. My favorite compliment to leave is when I see other guests being rude to or yelling at a CM. Usually I like to step in as well if they are verbally abusive, because really anyone should, but I am always so impressed by the CMs who handle that kind of thing with grace and fairness to everyone else! That is not my favorite thing to witness because it means I had to listen to douchey people, but it is my favorite thing to be able to commend a CM on.

As far as complaints, I have never needed to make one for a certain place in the park or CM. but I have probably sent more than my fair share of emails regarding "save this", "save that", " save Tomorrowland", "save the rainforest", "bring back Roy", stuff like that. That's the big picture when it comes to the parks for me, preserving the history that is tied to the memories we all have made there and that newcomers and kids enjoy even though it is nearly 60 years old!!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I usually send my feedback through email but I've gone to City Hall, too. I've also tried to give way more compliments than complaints.

Some of the compliments:
    1. The Halloween party (overall) in 2012
    2. The CM playing Merida at the Brave M&G - we thought she was excellent
    3. A CM at the Haunted Mansion who let us go see the original pet cemetery (we didn't mention this specifically in the compliment; we said he went out of his way to help us, etc. because we didn't know if mentioning the cemetery would be a good idea)
    4. A CM who noticed us looking at the old Skyway station, took a photo of us standing in front of it and tipped us off to the best place to get a good view (the Casey Jr train!).
    5. Maleficent at the Halloween party!

I've only made a handful of complaints:
    1. The truly rude CMs at the 2011 Halloween party (who included a CM who was muttering under their breath, a CM who was shouting and ranting at the people waiting for the tram, CMs who completely ignored guests for their personal conversations, etc.). We didn't give names; we just gave examples.
    2. The Matterhorn bobsleds.
    3. A situation at the Matterhorn with a CM. I didn't report this at first but after thinking it over, I did.
    Wow, City Hall frequent flyer.

I remember something about somebody screamin' about not being able to get a seat belt on and the dispatch CM laughing or something. Wonder if this was the incident.

Never done either but I'm seriously considering a complaint.

There is this one CM who works the matterhorn. I believe he may be a lead or someone higher up with some authority because I see CMs go to him for help and permissions and what not. Anyway whenever this guy directs guests into loading, he always ignores the single rider line. Multiple cars will go unfilled before he could be bothered to use someone from the singles. When he takes over, the line slows to a crawl and I have seen him do this multiple times. I once even saw a woman storm out of the SR line complaining of the line not moving at all. Guess who I saw working the line?

Not only all that, but he also tends to give a bit of a bad attitude toward the guests in the singles line. He sighs in annoyance when he finally uses someone from the line after letting 5-10 unfilled sleds go. I don't know...do I have case with this guy's behavior? To me he seems to be older and has a disdain for the single riders line. Perhaps he sees it as cheating...
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• The doctor is in

I was under the impression that the Matterhorn was all single rider now?
    When I rode with my dad we had a single rider put behind us in our bobsled with no problem. They just asked if anyone was riding alone.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Wow, City Hall frequent flyer.

I remember something about somebody screamin' about not being able to get a seat belt on and the dispatch CM laughing or something. Wonder if this was the incident.
    Hardly. I do try to compliment the CMs whenever I can. It's a challenge to work in customer service and I think the good Disney employees should be recognized and encouraged.

And yes, that's the incident in question. Since that incident I've never experienced a seat belt that jammed on the Matterhorn sleds the way that one did, so it really reinforced that something was up with my sled that they were ignoring.

• former CM

Today we went to City Hall and complimented a Jungle Cruise guide who was enthusiastic and funny.

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I was under the impression that the Matterhorn was all single rider now?
    When I rode with my dad we had a single rider put behind us in our bobsled with no problem. They just asked if anyone was riding alone.
    Yes, the seats are individual now instead of the awkward (IMHO) tandem seating arrangement that the old bobsleds had. As part of this change, an official Single Rider line was added similar to what's offered at Splash, Indy, Screamin', etc.

The CM at load can certainly ask for single riders from the stand-by line, but otherwise they are supposed to have a guest from the Single Rider line fill the seat. The idea is that the Single Rider line is a way for guests to experience the attraction with a (usually) reduced wait time, plus this increases efficiency (overall guest throughput) by dispatching ride vehicles without empty seats.
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

I haven't made any complaints at City Hall myself, but I did leave a compliment.

In 2011, for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary, I got them matching Mickey ears from The Mad Hatter on Main Street. I bought them, paid for embroidery, and when I took them to the embroidery counter the CM (her name was Beatriz) asked if these ears were for a special occasion. I explained why I was buying them and she told me that she wanted to create a "Magical Moment" by adding my parents' wedding date to the ears free of charge (I had only paid for basic embroidery).

I was really appreciative of this gesture, so I made a point to leave a compliment for her at City Hall. It was definitely unexpected and I felt Beatriz deserved recognition for providing such excellent service! Needless to say my parents enjoyed their gifts! They were also happy to hear about the Magical Moment that was created for them.
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• Not on the Jedi Council

I went to thank the park for the Candlelight Processional expansion and to express my hope the Processional stays at Disneyland Park.

I have complained, but the complaints I remember were about the price hike last year, and once the year before for the way we guests were treated at the Star Tours II opening. We had been given wristbands and were told with the wristbands we'd see the opening skit, but the line management was horrible. People swarmed and the park let it go. Wasn't too happy bout that.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeYerColors View Post
    Confused about the Space Mountain complaints.

You must take your personal belongings with you on every ride, unless you buy a locker to put them in or leave them in a stroller or wheelchair you have (bad idea with a purse). That is true of every ride; if you brought a bag that can't get wet, why didn't you think of bringing a second bag, like a plastic shopping bag, to protect it? You asked the CMs what to do with it, how did you expect them to help you? Did you expect them to hold the purse for you? Did you want to just leave it on the ground where anyone could take it? I am not trying to be rude here, but I am actually interested in your line of thinking.

Especially since you and the Photopass CM thought City Hall should do something for you when it was your own lack for foresight that led to damaging the purse.

If I wear my suede boots and decide to ride Splash and they get ruined, I don't blame Disney, or the ride, or the CMs, or the other guests in the boat (regardless of their weight). The name of the ride is in big letters; I can fully expect to be drenched coming off. I've been an AP for years now but rarely ride, and it's not because I don't love the ride. If you get on Splash you should be in the mood to get wet.
    We hadn't been on Splash in eight-ten years. We did not remember getting drenched, and at the time, while we weren't complete newbies to Disneyland, we didn't use message boards or anything, so we didn't know tips and tricks. We hadn't even thought to bring a plastic bag or use a locker. We asked a CM if the bag would be okay on the ride, and they said yes, so we brought it on. If they had said no, we would have tried to figure out something else.

We did not feel entitled to anything. We hadn't even considered complaining until the Photopass photographer told us to say something. And even after that, we weren't really expecting to get anything out of it, we just wanted to let someone know to tell their CMs at Splash to let people know that yes, you will get wet and you should not bring personal belongings on the ride. The girl at City Hall was not very polite at all about, which made the problem worse.

Yes, we probably should have done our research and not relied on the CM at the ride, but they, working at the ride, should know enough to tell riders that they and their belongings will get wet. I think we are both to blame in this situation.

They have lockers at Grizzy River Run, so I don't really understand why they aren't at Splash. If I am correct, the nearest ones are on Mainstreet.

This was probably from 2011 but after about a half dozen Fantasmic viewings since its scheduled debut in 2009, we never once got to see that dragon. My wife had enough. To borrow a line from a sitcom - her family crest is a shaking fist with the slogan "I want to speak to a manager".
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    Yes, we probably should have done our research and not relied on the CM at the ride, but they, working at the ride, should know enough to tell riders that they and their belongings will get wet. I think we are both to blame in this situation.
    It's posted, "Yer Goin to get wet". As the CM said you may take your bag on the attractions with you. You walked by a large drop and likely saw water splashing in the air. There were likely wet guests walking back from the attraction as you posted it.

Part of being resposible for yourself is being aware of your surroundings.

Well, of course we knew we were going to get a little wet. But the purse was sort of tucked under my mom's shirt, on her lap. We did not realize that all our clothes would get soaked all the way through, our bags filled with water, etc. That's where a friendly reminder from the CM when we asked would have been helpful.

But I am done trying to defend myself. We felt like our complaint was justified, and that we received poor customer service, and that's all that matters to us. Not whether anonymous people on the internet think we are idiots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast