Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What Complaints/Compliments Have You Made at City Hall?

No complaints...I just go with the flow and enjoy my visit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    I know, right? She asked them what to do, because we hadn't been on in years and she didn't want it to get wet, and they said just take it on. Somebody wasn't wearing their thinking cap that morning
    Just out of curiousity, where was she going to leave it if she didn't take it on? There are no lockers.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    No complaints...I just go with the flow and enjoy my visit.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Just out of curiousity, where was she going to leave it if she didn't take it on? There are no lockers.
    We would have figured out something, most likely taking turns riding. I don't really understand why they don't have any lockers, though. They do at Grizzly River Run, and we found that we got waaay more wet on Splash.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I went to City Hall to tell them the new Matterhorn seats were fantastic. I must be identical to the person they designed them after because I fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I went to City Hall to tell them the new Matterhorn seats were fantastic. I must be identical to the person they designed them after because I fit right in.
    I also had no issues with the seats. The ride itself was rather unpleasant, but I sat in the back seat and had plenty of room. I guess being 5'3" has some positives

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I'm 6' and it was still fine.

• 5 Star

Well, of course we knew we were going to get a little wet. But the purse was sort of tucked under my mom's shirt, on her lap. We did not realize that all our clothes would get soaked all the way through, our bags filled with water, etc. That's where a friendly reminder from the CM when we asked would have been helpful.

But I am done trying to defend myself. We felt like our complaint was justified, and that we received poor customer service, and that's all that matters to us. Not whether anonymous people on the internet think we are idiots.
    I don't think anyone is accusing you of being idiots. What people seem to disagree with is that you complained to city hall that your belongings got wet on a ride that warns you that you will get wet. On top of that, it seems unlikely the cast member told you wrong to get your stuff wet. I think that's what people disagree with.

I should have... had a scary experience on Indiana Jones... one other rider and I couldn't get our seat belt connected and they rolled the jeep up a couple times, ignoring our trying to get their attention about the seat belts... we both raised up a bit to try to get their attention and they yelled "sit down"... no communication, the CM near us ignoring us completely, back to us watching something else, they rolled the jeep up a few feet at a time about four times, we both really thought they were going to send us into the ride with broken seat belts, the other woman was sitting at the open side, she was really upset
    it was not handled well. Guy sitting next to me managed to get mine connected, joked about cutting it to get me out, it did not open easily, CMs irritated at the delay (guy had some choice words for the situation). Equipment and CM failure, does not inspire confidence.
    the other woman went off to look for someone to complain to (she was really upset, her child was crying)
    I sent an email, stock response
    I haven't been on the ride since... aside from the whip lash factor....

@GwenRowan...as a cast member at indiana jones allow me to explain. This happens all the time. Your car was being sent from the loading area to the belt check area where CMs check your belts. The ride had not started yet. When you stood up, you caused the cast member to stop the car which keeps other cars from entering the station. As i say this happens all the time, all they needed you to do was sit down and im guessing you kept standing up because you said they moved the car 4 times and that keeps other cars from entering the station which means they will be stuck on the ride and when that happens, THE RIDE BREAKSDOWN! When managers start asking why the ride brokedown, the answer will be guest kept standing up. Even if our equipment was failing, the belts check cast member has ways of getting all the seatbelts buckled.... also, computers on the car WILL NOT allow the cast member at the belt check to send the car into the ride until ALL the belts are buckled. so you were safe.

Well, of course we knew we were going to get a little wet. But the purse was sort of tucked under my mom's shirt, on her lap. We did not realize that all our clothes would get soaked all the way through, our bags filled with water, etc. That's where a friendly reminder from the CM when we asked would have been helpful.

But I am done trying to defend myself. We felt like our complaint was justified, and that we received poor customer service, and that's all that matters to us. Not whether anonymous people on the internet think we are idiots.
    I think it is ridiculous the way people have jumped on you. I certainly have come off Splash Mountain before with only a few sprinkles. It is not out of the ordinary.

Costumer service does not just involve the people working. Disney not providing convenient lockers for a water ride is bad design, and a lack of customer service. Any Six Flags park I have visited provides lockers for all water rides. It's called thinking about the needs of customers ahead of time.

At any rate, even if these posters in question did see you at fault, is that any excuse for that cast member at City Hall to be rude? Absolutely not.

Complaint justified.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Justonedream View Post
    I think it is ridiculous the way people have jumped on you. I certainly have come off Splash Mountain before with only a few sprinkles. It is not out of the ordinary.

Costumer service does not just involve the people working. Disney not providing convenient lockers for a water ride is bad design, and a lack of customer service. Any Six Flags park I have visited provides lockers for all water rides. It's called thinking about the needs of customers ahead of time.

At any rate, even if these posters in question did see you at fault, is that any excuse for that cast member at City Hall to be rude? Absolutely not.

Complaint justified.

I agree with this. I hate the way people get clobbered here sometimes.

With Splash Mountain even if you know you're going to get wet, and even if the signs say "you might get soaked" there are varying degrees of that. I think I must have been on Splash about 100 times in my life, and had only been moderately splashed...and then there was one fateful ride where the log must have been too heavy, and every single one of us got soaked down to the undergarments. It had never happened before so I was not expecting it. I had my electronics wrapped in several layers of Ziploc bags so nothing was hurt there but I do remember having to turn my purse upside down and pour out the water.

Anyway, point being, there are always surprises. It's not a water park; you might not know how bad it will be. You might have been on other rides with water, like Pirates or iasw and assumed that Splash was only a little worse. In this case the CM might have taken two seconds to say "yes, take it on with you but it will get wet, FYI."

• Selfie Expert

I think 90% of the time on Splash I only walk away with one wet shoe. ONE. Which is almost more annoying than two. Anyway, I always bring a grocery bag with me to put all the items in my backpack in, just in case! I believe they do have signs posted in the queue warning you that you'll get wet. I do think the CM could have at least said "It might get wet!" and let the guest decide if they need to protect it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123