Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The doctor is in

How I would revamp the FastPass system

I posted this in another thread but I wanted to get some more feedback on the idea. Just for fun.

When asked what I would do if I were the CEO of Disney I said the first move would be a complete revamp of the FP system.
    I would include the FP tickets at no extra charge with each day plan. You would get a certain amount of tickets to be used on any FP attraction at any time of the day during your visit. However, you would only be able to use each ticket once and you're only able to use the ticket if the standby wait time is over 25min.
    Why only if the standby wait is over 25min? The truth is the FP system increases standby wait times if a large number of guests enter the FP line at one time because of the way CM's have to alternate to put FP guests on the ride before the standby guests (examples being Splash Mountain and RSR). Not to mention a 25min line is not that bad. If you load the guests promptly, like you should, the wait shouldn't increase by much or at all and the line moves rather quickly.

Single day and 2-day Park Hoppers would get 3 tickets per guest
    3-day Park Hoppers would get 5 FP tickets per guest
    4-day Park Hoppers would get 8 FP tickets per guest
    5-day Park Hoppers would get 10 FP tickets per guest

If you wanted additional FP tickets at any time you would be able to purchase up to 5 additional tickets (per guest) with your admission ticket.

The beauty about this system is you have the absolute freedom to use the FP as you want it. If you want to ride Indiana Jones 3 times and use 3 of your FP tickets for just that ride you can go ahead. You make the choice to skip that line over the line for Space Mountain or Star Tours. It also eliminates the time you waste running around the park collecting your various FP tickets when you could easily been on one or two rides already. It also would eliminate the need to enforce any time slots.
    Also with the inclusion of the RFID bracelets at some point in the future, your available FP tickets could be loaded onto the bracelet and scanned at the entrance of the attraction.

We have a system like this at a local theme park in Denver. You can buy a line skip bracelet for like $30 and it is a punch card system. You get 3 or 4 punches per bracelet and when you go to the line you want to skip they hole punch that slot on your bracelet. When you are out of slots you can't skip any more lines.

What do you guys think of this? Is there any aspect you would add to or remove?
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• World of Color

Re: How I would revamp the FastPass system

I like your idea about the 1 to 5 day tickets about the fastpass but what about the AP

• Under that tree again!

So pretty much you want FP plus?

• Minion

This really would make the lines longer. What if 80% of those days' guests used their FP's at Indy at the same time? The current system evens out when guests can use them and makes it so that theoretically, there's a ghost in line, making it so that the line doesn't actually get longer (whether or not this is really the case is still up for debate but the system you're proposing throws any hint of that sort of 'fairness' out the window). I like the idea, but I think this would ultimately make lines longer than they are now.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is your beef with the system as it is now?

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    I like your idea about the 1 to 5 day tickets about the fastpass but what about the AP
    AP visitors would be treated as single day guests because that is basically what they are. If you have an AP and choose to visit the park on a Wednesday you would get the 3 FP tickets for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly is your beef with the system as it is now?
    My main beef is the return times aren't enforced.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• -

What if they just brought back ticket books and had no fastpasses. That would do wonders for the lines.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What if they just brought back ticket books and had no fastpasses. That would do wonders for the lines.
    Yeah. The park would be empty too.

The only thing I'd change about the system is that they make it seem like you get to the front of the line. They need to tell me that it only cuts out the extended portion beyond the show building. I always see people upset that they're in the so-called fast pass and still wait a while. I think enforcing the return times will help a lot.

An easy fix would be to make FastPass unavailable to APs. Then it would truly be a perk for ticketed customers.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Yeah. The park would be empty too.
    Which would definitely make the lines smaller, thus affording guests who do show up quicker access to the rides. Win/win.

I agree, get rid of the whole FastPass system altogether. It's confusing and elitist. Don't want to stand in line? OK, either wait until later, skip the ride entirely, or find your way to the exit, and have a nice day.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    An easy fix would be to make FastPass unavailable to APs. Then it would truly be a perk for ticketed customers.
    This is also a good idea.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    We are ticketed customers! And we paid a good price for it too.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Which would definitely make the lines smaller, thus affording guests who do show up quicker access to the rides. Win/win.

I agree, get rid of the whole FastPass system altogether. It's confusing and elitist. Don't want to stand in line? OK, either wait until later, skip the ride entirely, or find your way to the exit, and have a nice day.
    The ticket booth were terrible, unreasonable, price gouging. Unless the admission fee went WAY down, this would be a joke.

Is it me or is there a subtle discontent for those of us with AP's? lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    My main beef is the return times aren't enforced.
    I think the best solution to combat that problem is to just enforce the return times.

• Minion

This system seems like it would make the lines even longer.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast