MyMagic+ When does it stop tracking you?

Will the wrist band turn off at night? What happens when you go to down town Disney? What about in the Hotel? Can you take this thing off, or is it like the wrist bands you get at say an All Inclusive hotel in Mexico where you keep it on the whole trip? Speaking of, can you get unlimited alcohol with it (last question a joke... Unless you can?)

• No Disassemble!

Re: MyMagic+ When does it stop tracking you?

If it doesn't track my calories, steps taken, and sleep patterns than it's useless to me. But seriously I don't think any specifics have been released yet on the wristbands, have they?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Under that tree again!

You know that grocery store rewards card you have? It's more like that, when you get it scanned it's working.

I don't believe they send data(which is just a number by the way, nothing about you), unless it's being scanned. The ones I saw seemed to be like a child's watch that snapped on and off.

• SORCERER

Smile Re: MyMagic+ When does it stop tracking you?

They dont have batteries in them, it uses RFID the same chip thats in a Credit Card.

It doesn't connect to wifi and a cell tower and send your inform

They only track your information on your purchases and such, like a grocery store card. it just has an authorization code on the chip.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    They dont have batteries in them, it uses RFID the same chip thats in a Credit Card.

It doesn't connect to wifi and a cell tower and send your inform

They only track your information on your purchases and such, like a grocery store card. it just has an authorization code on the chip.
    Not true.

The KTTW cards used in WDW will only have the RFID tags in them - which require to be within range of an active reader.

But the MagicBands have the RFID tags AND an active 2.4GHz radio in them which is likely like a 'beacon' that will announce it's presence. That is what will allow Disney to detect your presence over a reasonable distance and without having to scan with active broadcasts.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• -

The bands do not come off. They are permanent and cannot be removed even with an acetylene torch. These bands have a tiny GPS inside them that will track you from the moment you put them on until the end of your days. Once active the GPS is monitored by satellite so the mouse has an image of you wherever you go. From this moment on there is no longer a such thing as your time. You have to go to the restroom and Mickey is right there to wash your hands for you.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Blew By You

Why do you think Disney chose a wrist band design in the first place? Think cuffs, chains, to keep you locked down. You're an information gold mine!!

• The doctor is in

Unless they are 100% waterproof I'm sure there is a way to take them off. Guests do need to do things like shower and wash their hands. Not to mention I doubt they want people going in and out of hotel pools with the wristbands on.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Unless they are 100% waterproof I'm sure there is a way to take them off. Guests do need to do things like shower and wash their hands. Not to mention I doubt they want people going in and out of hotel pools with the wristbands on.
    They are waterproof and sealed.

The early images showed them as removable and given the length of stay WDW guests typically have.. I doubt they would try to force it 24/7 on people. It's probably why they still have the biometric readers in addition to the bands for park entry.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged