•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

The best, quickest way to improve Tomorrowland..

1. Remove the Astro Orbiter from the entrance of Tomorrowland.
    2. Put it on top of the Captain EO theater.

They would probably have to gut the theater and reinforce it to support the weight of the attraction and the guests. But with it up there, it would be out of the way and drastically reopen the entrance of Tomorrowland, like it was from the very beginning of the park.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: The best, quickest way to improve Tomorrowland..

Interesting idea but that probaly won't work. This would block the view of Space Mountain. Are we talking current hight of Astro Orbiter or a shortened version? I do think that the space is need at time in front of Tomorrowland. I think it is time redo tomorrowland but moving Astro Orbiter there is not going to happen. Also what happens with Space Mt que? and where is all those people enter and exit the launch pad?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

I think it should go on top of the PeopleMover/Rocket Rods station instead. I'm afraid that putting the AO on top of Captain EO would look awkward imo, and it would block the view of Space Mountain.

• -

Just moving it to the old Rocket Jets' location would be fine. While moving it on top of the theater would give you something to look at while in line for Space Mountain, I think the Rocket Jets' location was high enough to accomplish this and would also give some motion to the entire land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Putting it on top of the theater location would put too much congestion around the Star Trader and Space Mountain entrance, wouldn't it? That adds yet another line to that area.

Unless you kept the current queue for Captain EO for the Astro Orbiter line
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

The best, quickest way to improve Tomorrowland would be to get rid of the rocks from the entrance.

• Disneyland History Lover

I agree that the AO should be moved, but not to the top of the Magic Eye Theater. It (or a recreated Rocket Jets since apparently the AO is too heavy) should be installed back over the PM Platform.

Fastest way to improve TL without any architectural changes? Repaint the back half of the land from Captain Eo to Autopia. The old brown and gold tones look awful and clash with the front half of TL.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Rehab Space Mountain

• Banned User

The Astro Orbitor needs to either be put back where the Rocket Jets were or removed altogether. Everyone pretty much agrees that it was a mistake to put it at the entrance. It if stays in Tomorrowland it should be re-themed with a retro-1950's (not 1550's) futuristic look, maybe with flying saucers like DHK has. It would also reference the former DL attraction.

Since the People Mover is never going to carry guests around ever again I'd either tear it down or turn it into a moving 'weenie' - a sort of miniature monorail that's always speeding around
    Tomorrowland, giving the land a kind of kinetic energy. Only the passengers would not be human, rather they'd be Disney characters that would change depending on the time of day. I'm sure spotting particular characters would become a pastime for some. At night, the 'monorail' would be lit with LED nights- streaks of lights moving around.

Further down the road I'd like to see...
    "Tron Lightcycle" coaster replace Autopia, "Stark Expo" (Iron Man/Guardians of the Galaxy) replace Innoventions, and some sort of "Meet the Robinsons" attraction replace Captian EO.