Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update Soarin'

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Update Soarin'

Oh they could fly into the fountains and then swooped around into the landing zone.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Ending in DL itself is odd, why not DCA where we get off?
    Yeah, it's always irritating when I get off the ride and I'm not even in the same park I started in. Such a hassle walking all the way back there

But seriously, swooping around the Cadillac Range and/or around the world of color show would be awesome at the end. I feel like Paradise Pier lights up nicely and would work very well for a night time shot.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

It would be fun to have different trips like Star Tours where you don't know which you will get.

If that can't be done, cleaning up the current show would be nice. There are a lot of distracting 'floaters'!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by ewokrights View Post
    Soarin' is projected on 70MM IMAX film if I'm not mistaken. (After reading Retrocool's link, this is accurate) The movie is actually projected onto the screen with traditional film not a digital projection much like the new Star Tours ride is. Personally I prefer the look of old school film (and many directors do as well) because it lacks that pixelization that digital prints give. That being said, clean the screens!!! That alone would be a good enough refurb for me lol!
    As ewokrights said the film quility would also needed to taking in to mind. Would/Should the reshoots be done on film or with a digital camera?

I'm a native Californian, so I have a soft spot for the state, but there are several versions of the ride possible just by leaving the confines of the Golden State.

Bryce Canyon, Appalachians / Blue Ridge Parkway, NYC, Glacier National Park, Monument Park, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Coastal Maine, Hawai'i Volcano Monument, Yellowstone, Great Plains, Kauai Coast, Olympic Forest and various and sundry dozens of mountains and Mt. Rushmore.

Taking people on a Soarin' Over America ride for starters and then branch out with new material every few years for worldwide destinations. There are at least six or seven films there. And guests would devour it.
    ~ Erik

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    I'm a native Californian, so I have a soft spot for the state, but there are several versions of the ride possible just by leaving the confines of the Golden State.

Taking people on a Soarin' Over America ride for starters and then branch out with new material every few years for worldwide destinations. There are at least six or seven films there. And guests would devour it.
    I'm just going to take a guess. You've never been to DCA the park with California stuff and are talking about what would work in consideration to Soarin in Epcot.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i hope they add better transitions in 2.0

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    Bryce Canyon, Appalachians / Blue Ridge Parkway, NYC, Glacier National Park, Monument Park, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Coastal Maine, Hawai'i Volcano Monument, Yellowstone, Great Plains, Kauai Coast, Olympic Forest and various and sundry dozens of mountains and Mt. Rushmore.

That is a great idea but that should be for Epcot since their attraction does not even mention CA in it. We need more CA attractions to fly to. Hey what about a longer film?

The film feels so tired and stale after riding it multiple times. I would love a new film... it's not like the ride is motion based like Star Tours so programming the ride along with the film doesn't seem like it would be a big issue. I would like to see the film updated every 5-10 years. Probably unrealistic still it would be nice.

• Banned User

And sorry about some the mistakes I was telling Siri on my Iphone and she does not have a love for the parks I do.
    LOL

I like your originality- with the rc planes and all. But I can foresee too many problems with them. Gawd forbid they crash into a guest.

If people are bored with the film why not add Stitch? They could call it “Soarin with Stitch.” I’m channeling my inner Eisner right now.

I've only been on the ride once so it's not old for me, but I would like several different shots of Disneyland at the end to correspond with days that are not holiday season.

A year or so ago I heard a rumor that they were shooting new footage and were maybe planning on changing the ride to "Soarin' Over The World". What ever happened with that?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bwillard View Post
    A year or so ago I heard a rumor that they were shooting new footage and were maybe planning on changing the ride to "Soarin' Over The World". What ever happened with that?
    What happened is you heard a perpetual rumor that started as soon as word got out that Soarin was opening in Epcot.

We need new screens they look so dirty.

Also give better transitions it just seems like bam your here oh wait now your here.

I really don't see what it has to do with California. The Soarin' attraction could play multiple films, regardless of whether it's DCA (I grew up in Southern California and have spent time in DCA 1.0, by the way) or in Florida or in another park somewhere else in the world. I would treat the Soarin' attraction more like Disneyland used to treat the CircleVision attraction, and not specific to a particular region or subject (e.g., Martin Short's Canada film).
    ~ Erik

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast