• Former Epcot CM

Refurb worries, please help!

I'm currently working in Orlando and flying out to DL in February, I'll be in the parks on the 13th and 14th. I'm the only one in my group who has been to DL before and I really want to show my friends your guys' versions of Fantasmic and Splash Mountain, but the current refurb schedule says both are down until the 14th.

1. Does this mean the ride and show both open back up on the 14th, or open up the following day on the 15th?

2. How likely is that that they will open a couple of days earlier, or does DL stick to its refurb schedule pretty strictly?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Re: Refurb worries, please help!

While it's of course difficult to say without knowing the full scope of the refurbishments, there is typically a very small cushion built into the calendar. It's not uncommon, for example, for Haunted Mansion Holiday to open a day or two early - but that's a pretty standard redressing. Something like Splash - a major water ride - could have much bigger work being squeezed into a small window making it more iffy.

Of the two, I'd say you have a better chance getting on Splash Mountain than seeing Fantasmic!. It would be on the entertainment schedule if it was due to be performed - and beyond that - during slower times of the year Fantasmic! is often a weekend offering; looking at your calendar, the 14th is a Thursday.

I wish you luck with both attractions - but honestly, Disneyland is such a fantastic place that it's easy to have fun without some major things open. I last visited in October, and Indiana Jones Adventure - my favorite theme park ride in the entire world - was closed the entire time. Radiator Springs Racers really helped take the sting off that loss for me. And remember, though you might not get Fantasmic!, you will get to share World of Color with your friends! Of the two shows, that one is drastically different than anything WDW has to offer, so that's a bigger win in my opinion!

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    1. Does this mean the ride and show both open back up on the 14th, or open up the following day on the 15th?

2. How likely is that that they will open a couple of days earlier, or does DL stick to its refurb schedule pretty strictly?
    1. It means close on the 14th, open on the 15th.

2. Maybe Splash but only maybe. Fantasmic won't show until Friday the 15th.

It is the "off season" still (aka the 10-8 or 9-8 hours you see on the weekdays). Also, the Mark Twain has been docked at Fowler's Harbour and tarped/blocked off since earlier this month. According to CMs, it is down for re-painting and other various refurb. But they also told me it was down for three months. But in its place, they are running the Columbia at night, which is pretty cool. Especially with Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain down and obviously the canoes and the river boats down, you can hear the quiet better... and also hear Mike Fink, Davy Crockett, and the Lakota a LOT better! So I don't know if the Mark Twain is finishing early or I was just told incorrect information, but you might want to try the Columbia night cruise. It was nice change.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Also when you get in park at the bag check there are signs of the attractions down for refurbishment and also ask a CM at the Hub/Carthey Circle for the current list. I would not hold my breath for Fantasmic! That is the entertainment dept and they stick to their guns about show times. for DL NOS and Critter Country have the same CM working both areas so Splash maybe open. You will be able to explore Tom Sawyers Island and show your group the stage for Fantasmic. But if you can stay an extra day you will be able to see the better of the two show on this coast.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Parking Lot > DCA

Like others have said, if anything, Splash Mountain will be the one of the two that might be open on your trip. Fantasmic more than likely won't be up until the 15th.

• They call me the Mayor...

You definitely won't see Fantasmic! as it is down until the end of March I believe.
    Pour still another glass,
    In Pinacoladaberg.
    Coconut milk with a pineapple splash.
    Donít forget that the Rum comes third!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

no, Coconut Pete its listed under the parks hours page that it will be having a performance Feb 15.

Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

• They call me the Mayor...

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    no, Coconut Pete its listed under the parks hours page that it will be having a performance Feb 15.

Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort
    My bad, I was looking at the return of the 7 day run starting in March. There are indeed shows from the 15th to the 18th that weekend. Sorry, it's been a LONG day for me
    Pour still another glass,
    In Pinacoladaberg.
    Coconut milk with a pineapple splash.
    Donít forget that the Rum comes third!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Pete View Post
    My bad, I was looking at the return of the 7 day run starting in March. There are indeed shows from the 15th to the 18th that weekend. Sorry, it's been a LONG day for me
    No problem. I get those from time to time, too.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I have no answer to your question but darn it Andy... one of these days I'm going to be at the resort the same time you are so I can finally met you!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.