Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Rainbow on Peter Pan ride looks filthy. . . and other notes from today at D land

There is about a two foot long rainbow you fly over on Peter Pan, and it looked to be partly covered in dark filth today.

If you go soon, please report back if you notice this too, or if you observe that it's been cleaned.

We had an excellent day at Disneyland! The best part was the 4pm show of the Golden Horseshoe Revue. I've never seen my 7-year-old laugh harder than when Miss Lily Belle flirted with me during her song where she walks through the crowd. That crowd was about the best audience I've ever sat with, and the show is what made them cheer for the occasion. Surprisingly, I didn't miss the comedian, though I felt a little sorry for the two men in the cast who had so little to say & sing. I don't see how this show could have been better. This must be returned in all its glory to Disneyland for another 30 year run. I like how a CM pointed guests to the next available CM when ordering food before the show, but it shouldn't have taken us ten minutes to get one delicious root beer float, which was a good Disneyland value at under $5, in my opinion.

"Aladdin" is still going strong with a great cast, but it seems to be the first live theater experience for many young adults in the crowd. They need to be told more emphatically that texting during the show is not permitted. Also, the first part of "A Whole New World" is weird without the carpet soaring over the audience. Aladdin and Jasmine need to dance around the stage with the carpet or ride a carpet on stage during the whole song. Currently it reminds the scene in "Amadeus" where there is dancing during an opera without music--something was obviously & painfully missing. Other than that, this show had an excellent cast!

We had an enthusiastic and funny Jungle Cruise guide.

The Indy ride looks great except for one hallway which was totally dark both times we rode it, but shouldn't have been.

Great job to the janitorial staff that cleans the men's room closest to the Carnation Cafe--it wasn't just clean; it was perfectly clean.

And congrats to those who always seem to keep ALL of the lights on Mickey's Fun Wheel always lit at night.

Frustration on Buzz when our vehicle stopped about ten feet beyond where I could have hit the target on the first Zurg. No seven-figure score today.

We picked a most excellent day to go. It rained on our drive there and the rain stopped by the time we got off the parking tram, and the crowds were surprisingly small in both parks all day. There are a few attractions being refurbished, but we still felt like we only rode & saw a third of what we could have.

About 200 people watched the flag lowering ceremony with us, and that was special.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.

• Selfie Expert

Re: Rainbow on Peter Pan ride looks filthy. . . and other notes from today at D land

Happy to hear you had an overall great day in the parks!! Thanks for your report!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Banned User

Re: Rainbow on Peter Pan ride looks filthy. . . and other notes from today at D land

The fact that they've ignored Aladdin's carpet issue this long is outrageous! I'd rather they shut down altogether, then let the audience see the show in such bad condition. It's a iconic scene, and people are being cheated out of it. Bad show, Disney. Really bad.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    The fact that they've ignored Aladdin's carpet issue this long is outrageous! I'd rather they shut down altogether, then let the audience see the show in such bad condition. It's a iconic scene, and people are being cheated out of it. Bad show, Disney. Really bad.
    I Couldn't agree more. At least make them stand out and sing "The whole new world" during what would have been the flying carpet scene. That scene is very awkward without the flying carpet.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    The Indy ride looks great except for one hallway which was totally dark both times we rode it, but shouldn't have been.
    There is a hallway in Indy that is completely dark. If I remember correctly, it's the room right before the dart room scene.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    There is a hallway in Indy that is completely dark. If I remember correctly, it's the room right before the dart room scene.
    There is a cool, totally dark area after the boulder rolls at you
    and before you see Indy with the then inexplicably much larger boulder.

I'm talking about a hallway near the end where you (usually?) see projected rats. It appears to be a hallway of movie screens which didn't have anything projected on to them. If it's not working, it's at least cool that they kept it as dark as they can.

I do think "Aladdin" should be kept open, and that we just need to see Aladdin and Jasmine throughout "A Whole New World." Currently a couple of energetic, talented guys try to distract people on the lower level on the aisles and in the front row with their camel costumes, but it was, as Socalbma wrote, "awkward," reaaaallllllllly awkward. But other than that, great show, eh, Mrs. Lincoln?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-27-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typos galore

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Hey I was sitting right in front of you during that show!
    That was such a fantastic show and I too wish desperately that they would come up with a permanent version!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Hey I was sitting right in front of you during that show!
    That was such a fantastic show and I too wish desperately that they would come up with a permanent version!
    Was it just me or was that the best audience in the history of theater?!
    (Other than the entire nation of North Korea simultaneously crying after Kim Jung Il died.)

Could I get a recap of the magic carpet issue, if someone would? Did OSHA demand a railing be put on around the edges of it?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    There is a cool, totally dark area after the boulder rolls at you
    and before you see Indy with the then inexplicably much larger boulder.

I'm talking about a hallway where at the end where you (usually?) see projected rats. It appears to be a hallway of movie screens which didn't have anything projected on to them. If it's not working, it's at least cool that they kept it as dark as they can.
    I am talking about the beginning portion of the rat room, where the Jeep normally "stalls" - there is no effect in that room other than the rat projection. It's been off and on recently so maybe you just hit it at a bad time.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Could I get a recap of the magic carpet issue, if someone would? Did OSHA demand a railing be put on around the edges of it?
    The actors were harnessed to it. One of the cables that suspened it came loose. The actors hung in the air. The carpet isn't used since.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I am talking about the beginning portion of the rat room, where the Jeep normally "stalls" - there is no effect in that room other than the rat projection. It's been off and on recently so maybe you just hit it at a bad time.
    The rat projection should've been canned years ago. It never works right. They could have perfected that by now. Just look at Pirates!

Rumor has it OSHA (or some other safety board) is asking for positive, certain proof that the carpet won't invert again.

This is unprovable, since they don't know why it inverted in the first place; I don't think a cable came loose, it just flipped. Like it took a corner oddly. But I don't think they have been able to replicate the flip.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Selfie Expert

I never got to see the flying carpet, and actually didn't know what everyone meant by it until this thread - so thank you! Now I know why that scene seems so lacking... haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• former CM

Any update?

Have any of you ridden Peter Pan in the last 12 days
    and noticed if the top of the 2 foot rainbow in Neverland is still dirty or is now clean?

I'm guessing it's perfectly clean because I'm not the only anal-retentive poster on Micechat.
    Long live anal-retentive Micechatters!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast