View Poll Results: Should Disney puruse a 3rd gate now?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Disney should move forward with plans for a 3rd gate now.

25 36.76%
  • No. Disney should not plan for a 3rd gate now.

43 63.24%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Random Thinking

I know that at one of the water parks I went to (I think Kings Island in Ohio) Swim suits were only allowed in the water park area (at least, they needed to put on shorts or something....for example, I think girls could wear bathing suit tops, but guys had to put shirts on in other areas of the park...

Second, if they built the park back behind Paradise Pier, with a pedestrian bridge to it, it would be a long walk to any rides, so some drying off could occur...It can't be worse then getting off Grizly River Rapids on a summer day, with the exception that bathing suits tend to dry faster...

In any case, I know some people who think it wouldn't work (my boyfriend, for example...), but I really enjoyed having the ability to spend the hot portion of my theme park day in a lazy river... Anyway, its a thought...and what else but a second park literally attatched to it to help fix DCA?

Thanks for the props, ah schucks
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

• Random Thinking

By the way, a major thing I am trying to avoid (with suggesting a water park as PART of DCA) is for management to choose to divy up the land for the third park into two gates...one being a small waterpark with seperate admission. A water park that is only open part of the year would not be good as an additional ticket price, so this is mainly if they strongly wanted to add a waterpark...then do it as part of DCA...not a seperate park!

(Although, I still think it would be really cool anyway, and they ought to consider it as an option for trying to fix the park...More family stuff to do...)

And one issue to acknowldege is the fact that it can't be opened all year, unlike the Florida waterparks...I know...

That said, I think it is important that they use all available land for a large third park, with big walkways and great attractions.
    I think I came up with the DCA water park concept when I heard rumors/discussions, etc. of breaking up that land into two smaller gated a long time ago....no thank you!
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Stargirl
    Thanks for the props, ah schucks
    Oh much love Stargirl! Your explanation seems very viable to me! They could easily bury the parking lot for the Disney hotel and built a miniture water park on that corner lot there with a bridge connecting it to both DCA and Disneyhotel. It would create incentive to stay at the older Disneyhotel and be right next to the water park, they could even overhaul it and make it a tropical type resort area.

The issues that would need to be address:
    *Handstamping to enter or leave the water park. it would wash away in theory- my suggestion- cheap plastic wristbands.
    *Wet clothes reentering the park- In order to return to the park you must remove the plastic wrist band if the CM's checking the gate believe you "seem dry" enough- there is a lot of room for argument against this but it's a suggestion.

I do however contend that waterparks in California can viably stay open as a seperate park all year long, I have been to a water park even as late as Novemeber and its not that fun, hence why I have fought tooth and nail for a dedicated 3rd gate comprised exclusivily as a waterpark.

• Banned User

StarGirl,
    You're point about GRR is very valid.

DCA has about 20-22 acres left for expansion. Soak CIty is said to be 13 acres.

So.... They could put 2 E-Tickets at 4 acres or so each in the area of Timon behind HPB and the Wharf. This would leave about 12-14 acres that could be accessed off Paradise Pier for the Water Park. 20 Acres if the Alpine Hotel in the corner of Harbor and Katella came down....

This would still leave pelnty of room for "redevelopment" in Route 66, Bay, Vinyard, Farm, Wharf for after the 3rd gate opens....

I like it... but I wouldn't make it part of DCA.... A separate gate...

A 5 year plan to fix TL, add 2 more E-Tickets to DCA, then a water-park/mini-golf in the corner of Harbor and Katella using 6 acres of Alpine Motel and 10 acres of Tmon.

Let's see.....
    2006: Monsters Inc, expanded DTD with mini-golf, expansion to Paradise Pier Hotel with great new pool, and DTD/DLH parking garage open.
    2007: Subs, something on PM track, and DCA E-Ticket open.
    2008: 16 acre Water Park opens on site of former Alpine Hotel + 10 acres of Timon.
    2009: Couple C and D tickets for DCA open.
    2010-2012: Construction of 3rd gate.

I don't think any of the Timon lot or even that hotel area should be used for a waterpark

if anything it should use one square of the lot behind the Paradise Pier hotel (that should be sufficent for a decently varied Waterpark I think)

they could easily compound the needed parking into a structure (if absolutly neccessary they could build a parking garage that is almost the size of Micky and Friends but I doubt that would be neccisary)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123