View Poll Results: Should Disney puruse a 3rd gate now?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Disney should move forward with plans for a 3rd gate now.

25 36.76%
  • No. Disney should not plan for a 3rd gate now.

43 63.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Third Gate/Disneyland Expansion

Please vote and voice your ideas.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    They need to work on what they have now and how to improve them (reworking TL, making DCA self-sufficient) before they should be concerned about building their 3rd gate.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• șoș Tom șoș

This pole is ludicris. They are planning a 3rd gate so stop whining about something already in the works but years away. They are aware DCA needs work and it will get it, but its still a baby for crying out loud. Give it time. In 10 to 15 years DCA will expand, reform itself and create a better experiance. Heck even Disneyland had it's fair share of hiccups when it opened.

So don't worry about a 3rd Gate, it will happen soon enough whether you want it or not.

• Minion

It is not ludcriuous. DCA has been a huge failure both in terms of attendance and attractions. DCA should be dealt with first.

• Minion

The reason DCA attendance is as high as it is because of all the Southern california coupond and 2 for 1 tickets. Major work is needed and Disney should pool all its resources to fix DCA.

• Minion

They need to start buying land to make the third gate, then slowly build it...quietly telling no one their plans.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• șoș Tom șoș

Its is not worth debating the envitable on the 3rd Gate issue. I know you have strong feelings regarding the corrections and expansion of DCA, however we have no contol over the planning and execution of a 3rd Gate. I agree that DCA needs work, almost no one here will disagree- the 3rd gate scenario is already in play but as fans we discuss it in hopes of avoiding the pitfalls of the previous failure as seen at DCA.

So hence discussing whether it should or should be planned for is irrelvent because IT IS BEING PLANNED FOR IN REALITY. Should we discuss means to fix DCA go right ahead, I am all ears. *pun intended*

• Baybeh!

You fix DCA, then you think about another park.

Last we need are 2 DCA's on our hands.

• Banned User

What do you mean by "now"?

If now is "have it open within the next 5 years", then no.... DCA and Tomorrowland still need too much work. They need to expand DTD and add a 4th resort hotel to meet demand.

If "now" is within 10 years or so, then yes!

• Minion FOREVER!

Agree with the last poster...

If "now" is immediately (or within five years), definitely work on DCA.
    If "now" is for opening ten years from now (which I think is the real plan), then
    definitely Yes.

If I was Disney (and I'm not!), I'll be thinking about a "3rd gate" because they need
    it (and fourth and maybe even a fifth hotel!) They really need to make
    the DLR much closer to WDW in terms of "offerings". They need to start
    planning w/ the cities for sewage and traffic, etc. They need to start buying
    land now.

Also they'll be in REAL trouble if they haven't fixed DCA ten years from now.
    (maybe even five years from now).

All completely my personal opinion... your personal mileage may differ... :-)

• șoș Tom șoș

*Does Clinton impression* Define "Now?" I did not fool around on the Haunted Mansion...this time.

• Zapp's Minion :D

I voted for NO!! They need to fix Tommorowland and DCA before they start a 3rd theme park in Anaheim.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    For two years I've been saying that Disney needs to fix DCA before building a new park. I've changed my mind. I think they should go ahead and build a stellar new park with a huge budget. Then close huge sections of DCA and rebuild them. The rest of DCA can be given for free to people with day passes to the other two parks until DCA has been fixed. So I voted to go ahead and build the new gate now.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    For two years I've been saying that Disney needs to fix DCA before building a new park. I've changed my mind. I think they should go ahead and build a stellar new park with a huge budget. Then close huge sections of DCA and rebuild them. The rest of DCA can be given for free to people with day passes to the other two parks until DCA has been fixed. So I voted to go ahead and build the new gate now.
    You know, I really like that idea because it will give the opportunity for expansion without completely taking out the park, but I wonder how the people would get around a park that would have so much construction going on ....
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Zapp's Minion :D

I know this question has been asked 1000 times, but where will they build the 3rd theme park? How close is it to Disneyland?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast