Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: Gumball strategies for DL?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I work 7 days on, 7 days off, so assuming nothing crazy happens I can tell when I'll be working pretty easily. It's very nice for planning things! However it's not easy to cover my shift, so it stinks when things are scheduled during it.

That's okay, though. I don't mind trying it on my own, and I know I have some friends who would be up for a few attempts, too!
    Aww, that sucks :T Well, it's a very popular event so I doubt it will ever go away. You can always try next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cheesy View Post
    Based on previous years, I was hoping it would be May 18th. Wow. I'm going to be less than 4 weeks out from surgery. I was hoping to have a few extra weeks to heal. I'll be there.

On the bright side, it might be less busy! I think that date is a good choice after last year's nightmare day. Hopefully there won't be an AP price hike on May 5th.
    I'm a little surprised it's earlier in May this year too. Yeah, hopefully it's less busy and the weather will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    May the 4th be with you. I love that day
    HAHAHA I see what you did there

Heck yes! Already a gumball rally thread.
    Oddly enough the first time I asked this was to a team during the gumball rally one year, and one of the girls got pretty bent out of shape about the question hahahaha Guess she takes gumball hardcore serious.
    I'be done every rally since 08 and each year our strategy depended on if we had to do both parks or just DL. Also sticking to your plans is what was a major key in my team placing. I normally just start in FL and head to bigger E-tickets as needed.

• Selfie Expert

May the 4th be with you. I love that day
    Followed by Revenge of the 5th!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disney Obsessed

Followed by Revenge of the 5th!
    YES! Star wars nerds unite!!!

• Selfie Expert

YES! Star wars nerds unite!!!
    And I just noticed you're in AZ!

• Mmmm...

And I just noticed you're in AZ!
    I am too! I live in Gilbert. What areas are you guys in?

I was thinking about another tip that was helpful for me, and that was to bring two pairs of shoes. I wore sneakers for the first part of the day, and then switched to flip flops when blisters started to form. That saved me. My sister had blisters the size of quarters on the bottom of her feet and had no relief.
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

• Selfie Expert

Ouch!!!! Blisters can really ruin the day.

I grew up in chandler and am dying to get back to the east valley. Right now I'm in Glendale.

• Disney Obsessed

I'm central Phoenix closer to the west than the east. I work retail and just spent the holidays working at the chandler mall its very pretty in chandler. Hated the drive though. AND handler puts you at least another hour away from the parks lol

I'm almost more interested in just completing the questions than actually competing. I hope they post these or something when it's done so those who can't attend and still "pretend"!
    Micechat usually sells left over question booklets in the online store for a couple of dollars after the event, it comes with the answers on a separate sheet so you can get one for yourself. Also the maker of the mousewait app for iPhone made an app called magicrace and it allows you to make up your own gumball rally type games while in the park and everyone in your group can play along on their phones

• Selfie Expert

Thank you!! I'll play about with that app and keep my eyes peeled for those booklets once the rally is over. Thank you!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Woo hoo! I am so excited that there is already a Gumball Rally thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    My girlfriend and I did the GB rally for the very first time last year and it was insane in the parks that day! We were one of the few teams that got on Indy and it actually went down while we were on it and had to get EVACd which was fun! But anyway I bought an extra blank book and looking at it the high point rides from last year were the DLRR, BTMRR, SM, Splash Mount and the medium point attractions included Captain EO, Autopia, ST, Dumbo, Peter Pan, HM, POTC, Tiki Room, RRCS. Hope this gives all those newbies an idea of how rides are given point values!
    The point values for attractions aren't the same each year. There are a number of factors that go into how the point vaules are assigned.

Yes!!! This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for!! Thank you so much!

Ok, so my thinking on the questions is correct in that you can't prepare for them. I'm actually kind of excited about the questions, it will give me new things to look for on rides!
    The looking for new things on the rides is one of my favorite aspects of the Gumball Rally! My kids are always looking for potential Rally questions when they are on rides. What I love about it is that from a young age, they have learned to study the small details in attractions that they would otherwise miss.

I'm definitely thinking the random/flexible strategy is where we're headed, especially since I still want to have fun and not stress about a schedule, but it's good to know what's worth more to help prioritize. I'll try and find the past winners, I haven't had much luck navigating the Gumball Rally page on MC!
    If you do an advanced search for threads I have started, there should be some really good information about the Gumball Rally from previous years. I think there is one thread that was started prior to the second Gumball Rally that has excellent strategy advice that is quite useful for teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JBKMC View Post
    Got interested in this thread last night so made me go hunt down results from the 3 that I did. First one was 1999 and I think total of 50 people did it so nice and friendly. In Winter 2000 my son and I paired up and we really did bad.

We were perfect in the Frontier Land leg but really stunk up the other categories. The time limit was 3 hours so nice tight event and 12 different areas for the adventure.

Not even one team was able to complete each event. But it was a blast. For those in search mode we were team #13 ... lol... ya we stunk with 282 pts 34 pts behind team in front of us and only 512 pts behind the winner. What a blast it was.

Perhaps we shall return to scene of the crime and do the next one of this type. ... Have fun all.
    The first Gumball Rally was on September 30, 2006. This year will be the seventh Gumball Rally. You might have the Gumball Rally confused with a different event.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cheesy View Post
    I was thinking about another tip that was helpful for me, and that was to bring two pairs of shoes. I wore sneakers for the first part of the day, and then switched to flip flops when blisters started to form. That saved me. My sister had blisters the size of quarters on the bottom of her feet and had no relief.
    I had horrible blisters a couple years ago for the Rally. That's how I ended up with my favorite pair of Mickey Crock flip-flops from DCA...

My best friend and I are going to do the Gumball Rally for the first time. She's a DCA Cast Member and we have both done Minnie's Moonlight Madness in the past. This actually sounds like a lot more fun. (At least we won't have to literally be tethered to each other.)
    At this point I don't want to worry about finishing all the rides or answering all the tough answers, but who knows on the day of the event. I am worrying more about my tender feet than any question on the list.

• Selfie Expert

Due to the fact that the rally is on a blackout date for me (Deluxe AP), I definitely won't be going this year (plus the whole work situation), but it sounds like a super fun event! I agree with most here on the sentiment that I would love to go for the experience, not really to be competitive.

I would also worry about my feet!! I just can't seem to find a shoe that doesn't cause a blister or sore feet. I never seem to notice until I sit still, though.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Due to the fact that the rally is on a blackout date for me (Deluxe AP), I definitely won't be going this year (plus the whole work situation), but it sounds like a super fun event! I agree with most here on the sentiment that I would love to go for the experience, not really to be competitive.

I would also worry about my feet!! I just can't seem to find a shoe that doesn't cause a blister or sore feet. I never seem to notice until I sit still, though.
    That's too bad Even though it's on a block out date, you should really try one year whenever you can because, unfortunately, the Gumball Rally has always been on a Saturday so it's always going to be on a block out date. Spending the extra cash to attend is so worth it! It's a lot of fun and you won't regret it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast