Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Observer

glow with the show...JACKETS

I was at the park today watching the firework show from main street,and noticed some amazing. A man had a jacket with led lights sync to the show. It seem like the same colors and sequence as glow with the show but on a jacket. All the cast members working the area seemed very excited about this. I want one. But I wonder, is this a copy write issue? Anyone else see this?

Re: glow with the show...JACKETS

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    I was at the park today watching the firework show from main street,and noticed some amazing. A man had a jacket with led lights sync to the show. It seem like the same colors and sequence as glow with the show but on a jacket. All the cast members working the area seemed very excited about this. I want one. But I wonder, is this a copy write issue? Anyone else see this?
    I don't think it would be a copyright issue, so much as it might be a "patent" issue, and then it wouldn't be that, I don't think, unless he was mass producing the jacket and SELLING them.

• New Mommy

I wonder if he was able to make his own based on the soundtrack, or if you can somehow take apart the ears and get whatever technology is in there to reuse? I have no idea about the laws, but I wouldn't expect there to be an issue unless he started selling them... and even then if they just responded to sound in general maybe not?

Either way. I want to see this!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The Tomorrowland One

Sounds like someone did what I would like to do. He likely bought a GWtS ears, took the control pack out and rewired it to a bigger light source. If you know what you're doing with circuits, the sky's the limit with what you could use the control for.

I don't think there is any issue here. He took an end product sold by Disney and customized it. Just don't advertise or sell it at the park and he's good.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Exclamation Re: glow with the show...JACKETS

There's a good chance that they might have "Glow with the Show Bracelet and Necklace" in the coming months. The reason for this is they sent me an email last week to participate in a live interview over the internet regarding Glow with the Show ears. During the 1 hour interview over the internet with incentive of course, they asked me a lots of questions on how we can improve the ears.

Well, one particular questions they asked is How would you feel if we introduce a brand new Glow with the Show Bracelets and Necklaces? I said.....

Then they also brought up question toward the end of the interview about Glow with the show T-Shirt! the one you see at clubs or on the streets where the t-shirts beats to the music.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 01-27-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Observer

all I know is I would totally buy one lol. when the lights were off it looked like a normal jacket with a few white stripe designs

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    I don't think it would be a copyright issue, so much as it might be a "patent" issue, and then it wouldn't be that, I don't think, unless he was mass producing the jacket and SELLING them.
    This...
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I wouldn't expect there to be an issue unless he started selling them...
    ...this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    I don't think there is any issue here. He took an end product sold by Disney and customized it. Just don't advertise or sell it at the park and he's good.
    and this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Disney does not have problem of having fans do stuff with their merchandise, they have a problem when you learn from it and mass produce it. I don't think there is going to be a jacket soon (Washing hazard) but necklesses and wrist bands go for it, I woun't be buying them. What if they combined GwS and Mymagic+...(what, its a good idea, they aren't going to do it, sigh. they don't do anything that is practical). Oh well at least that is a cool obersvation.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

That sounds cool!

• Observer

whoa. hold up I don't know who changed the tag to Rumor.. but this is not a rumor. it is something I saw... so change it back please

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I don't think there is going to be a jacket soon (Washing hazard)
    Why not they've made jackets that light up in the past for Anniversaries. I've seen one they sold with fireworks going off...(lights not real fireworks lol)
    Little and broken, but still good.

I wasn't the guy in the jacket, but I did the electronics, and can guarantee that it isn't any sort of secret prototype. You've pretty much guessed it -- I took the electronics out of a GwS hat, and wired it to control some large LED strips. The jacket has about 150 LEDs in it, so there are separate power supplies, a bigger battery pack, and some other support electronics, but it's all controlled by the GwS hat.

For those of you who don't know, there are infrared transmitters hidden throughout the park, and they control the GwS hats, making them blink in sync with certain attractions like World of Color. The jacket has a sensor in the shoulder that receives theat signal. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the fireworks show has GwS support, too.

I can post more details about how it works if people are interested, but we're trying to get an early start back into the park.

And no, I'm not going to sell them -- it was a lot of work, and the parts added up to cost a lot. And, to be honest, I really don't know a lot about electronics -- this could have been designed much better.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    whoa. hold up I don't know who changed the tag to Rumor.. but this is not a rumor. it is something I saw... so change it back please
    It really doesn't matter, we all believe you.

a glowing jacket sounds very cool, but I'd be more interested in the glowing necklaces and bracelets. They'd have to be stylish enough for me to wear, of course.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

I was in the park last month and was chatting with a guy who designs leather jackets with his partner that they sell in the parks. He told me they are around $1000 and he had on a wonderful World of Color that had a spinning circle on the front and full-on detail on the back. He also had on a really cool Club 33 ball-cap with the 33 logo glowing. According to him, both will be available in the Spring.

I know the jacket is pricey, but I can't imagine it would be hard to synch that up....although maybe it is going to be. Didn't think to ask.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberZorro View Post
    I was in the park last month and was chatting with a guy who designs leather jackets with his partner that they sell in the parks. He told me they are around $1000 and he had on a wonderful World of Color that had a spinning circle on the front and full-on detail on the back. He also had on a really cool Club 33 ball-cap with the 33 logo glowing. According to him, both will be available in the Spring.

I know the jacket is pricey, but I can't imagine it would be hard to synch that up....although maybe it is going to be. Didn't think to ask.
    I wonder if that's the same guy that made the leather jackets for Fantasmic & the 50th Anniversary. If so those Jackets are well worth the price.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast