Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critters!

• Just drawn that way

Critters!

Tonight I spotted a Raccoon over at Big Thunder Trail, has anyone else seen it? It scurried off into the old rainbow mine tunnel.

I have seen other animals roaming the park but this is the first time for a raccoon.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Selfie Expert

Re: Critters!

I've only seen the occasional cat, never a raccoon! I wonder if they'll allow it to stay?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• -

I saw a giant mouse posing for pictures in Toontown.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I saw a giant mouse posing for pictures in Toontown.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I Don't kown about the Racoon but Circle D Ranch takes care of and vets cats around the resort. A CM on the tram told me that they are there to get the "Mice"-inpersonators. But there is real wildlife in the park besides the ducks (can we call them wild at this point, if they are going to come up to you for your french-fry). As you remember with OC's history and the parks own history of being an Orange grove there probaly been lots of mice problems since the park opened
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

ORGOCH: If'n ya really wants to know the best place ta find critters at a Dizzy theme park, go ta Florida! The Tragic Kingdom down there has snakes 'n gators inside the park there! Seen 'em fer my own dang self!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I've seen possums at the walk way entrance to Bugs Land, where all the flowers are on the left. Things was huge.

And lots and lots of cats.

In the past I'd seen a couple cats along the banks of the Rivers of America, but yesterday there was a big fluffy cat laying in the dirt across the walkway from Taste Pilot's Grill. It was only about 15 feet past the little fence. My daughter started imagining all the after-hours rides she'd go on if she was a cat who lived at Disneyland.

• Minion

There are all sorts of wildlife at the parks, besides ducks.

I'll never forget this... I used to work in Fantasyland in the attractions department. I was driving Casey Jr. one day and as I was going up the hill (the "I think I can" part), a black cat came out of the bushes and onto the tracks. I was so scared, I couldn't stop the train. Thankfully it scurried back into a bush.

Speaking of Casey, I used to see king fishers all the time down by Storybook, when I drove the train. I've never seen a raccoon or a possum at the parks and I hope I never do. Raccoons are okay, I guess, but I'm terrified of possums.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I've only seen the cats sunning themselves at the back of the Hungry Bear.

It was quite interesting in WDW around Tom Sawyer Island. LOTS of birds, including the lovely herons. We were walking toward the Manor when a duck took off, flying very low. Scared the beebers out of a teenage girl who almost got hit in the head by it!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• No Disassemble!

There's a grey cat in particular that we always see in the back of the Hungry Bear. It's got wild long hair and white whiskers and is a little fat. I often see it scavenging around for table scraps.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• -

There used to be some feral cats who lived under the CA Zephyr in the Sunshine Plaza.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I wonder if this cat is still around Hungry Bear. I haven't seen a cat at Hungry Bear in a while because when we've gone there are tons of people around and the cats won't come out if there are tons of people.

Name:  IMG_3656.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  47.0 KB

• Banned User

A raccoon in Frontierland. Smart animal. Keeps the theme in the right place. If he'd been in Tomorrowland I'd be worried, but in Frontierland, that's appropriate.

Possums would fit in Frontierland, too. But heck, I've seen possums in Costa Mesa, in apartment complexes.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I wonder if this cat is still around Hungry Bear. I haven't seen a cat at Hungry Bear in a while because when we've gone there are tons of people around and the cats won't come out if there are tons of people.

Name:  IMG_3656.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  47.0 KB
    I saw that one last October. It's hair has grown out a bit and the face is starting to look like a bobcat.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast