Disneyland After Hours :)

Every year around January the company my mom works for allows their employees to buy Disneyland tickets for only $35. We are allowed to go into the park around 4pm and although the park stays open to the park till 8pm we are allowed to stay in the park till 1am.

This year was the best experience by far. Disney went beyond what they have done in the past and made the experience so much better for us all. In years past they would gather on the employees by the River of America and do a special showing of Fantasmic for us, however this year they could not do that for us , however around 10pm the rolled out a special performance of the Soundsational Parade. I do have an annual pass and this was the best experience I have had with this parade. I noticed that they slowed the parade down quite a bit which alllowed for the characters who walk such as Peter Pan and the Genie to interact with the crowd.(I saw Peter Pan playing some pranks on some kids and tapping over people's shoulder, and I got to high five the Genie). Also I noticed that the parade did not have Rafiki on the Lion King float but instead they had Simba, which was a treat for my family since we have only seen Rafiki.

This year also was the first time Disneyland had many characters out. We ran into Donald, Snow White, Aurora Periwinkle (they kept Pixie Hollow open all night) the evil Queen and Clarbelle!!! The rides were all just five minute waits except for Indy which was an half hour wait due to them only having one side open.

Overall this was a great Disneyland experience for my parents who do not have passes so it was nice for them to have some Disney maic in their week.

Re: Disneyland After Hours :)

That is quite the deal! Sounds like a great time : )

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    Every year around January the company my mom works for allows their employees to buy Disneyland tickets for only $35. We are allowed to go into the park around 4pm and although the park stays open to the park till 8pm we are allowed to stay in the park till 1am.

This year was the best experience by far. Disney went beyond what they have done in the past and made the experience so much better for us all. In years past they would gather on the employees by the River of America and do a special showing of Fantasmic for us, however this year they could not do that for us , however around 10pm the rolled out a special performance of the Soundsational Parade. I do have an annual pass and this was the best experience I have had with this parade. I noticed that they slowed the parade down quite a bit which alllowed for the characters who walk such as Peter Pan and the Genie to interact with the crowd.(I saw Peter Pan playing some pranks on some kids and tapping over people's shoulder, and I got to high five the Genie). Also I noticed that the parade did not have Rafiki on the Lion King float but instead they had Simba, which was a treat for my family since we have only seen Rafiki.

This year also was the first time Disneyland had many characters out. We ran into Donald, Snow White, Aurora Periwinkle (they kept Pixie Hollow open all night) the evil Queen and Clarbelle!!! The rides were all just five minute waits except for Indy which was an half hour wait due to them only having one side open.

Overall this was a great Disneyland experience for my parents who do not have passes so it was nice for them to have some Disney maic in their week.
    That's fun! I remember doing the after hours thing when my grandmother was working at TRW back in the late 60's-early 70's.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post

Was that the Vons/Safeway event those are awesome I didn't get a chance to go this time but they are so sweet because the park is literally empty. Glad you had fun!

Nice! Sounds like a great visit to the park.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

no video or pics??? are they not allowed?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Was that the Vons/Safeway event those are awesome I didn't get a chance to go this time but they are so sweet because the park is literally empty. Glad you had fun!
    yeah it was missed it last year but we made sure we went this year

• Sock Puppet

A friend of mine scored some of these private party tickets and I had a wonderful time, when can you see space mountain a 10 minute wait for consecutive hours? I posted about that wonderful railroad CM from the party, that was a plus. For some reason Indy was only running one side but was still a pleasure to ride, the boulder worked finally. They rolled out plenty of entertainment for us which was awesome. All in all it was a fun night, the party was from 4- 1 a.m. we showed up at around 6 p.m. and stayed until closing, for 35 bucks a ticket I couldn't have asked more out of disney