Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney's '1952' becomes 'TOMORROWLAND'

please see more in the NEWS forum

Also:

On January 23rd Director and Co-Writer Brad Bird released a photo via his Twitter account with the first clues to the film's mysterious premise:

@BradBirdA113 "The Box...opened"

Last edited by ALIASd; 01-28-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

"Tomorrowland" by Brad Bird, George Clooney...what does the mean for the Parks?

Deadline Hollywood and Comingsoon.net is reporting that the live-action film formerly titled "1952" (a project written by Damon Lindelof, being directed and produced by Brad Bird and starring George Clooney) is now being called "Tomorrowland".

Given that this "closely guarded" alien movie will be produced by Disney and Bird just tweeted a picture of a vintage collection of documents last week, do you think that this may be a sign of things to come for Disneyland's Tomorrowland? Too soon to speculate?

Disney to release a "Tomorrowland" movie in 2014.

This is the Brad Bird project previously called 1952, which will star George Clooney: Source

I wonder if a tie-in film of the same name will light a fire under Disney and get the ball moving on a revamped/improved Tomorrowland at Disneyland.

• Minion

Re: Disney's '1952' becomes 'TOMORROWLAND'

Wow, three threads all created at the same time, about the same subject!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Yeah, can we combine these?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Wow, three threads all created at the same time, about the same subject!
    We all just had simultaneous nerdgasms.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Disney's 1952 Film Retitled Tomorrowland!

Full Story here
    Disney's 1952 Retitled Tomorrowland - IGN

Do you guys think this will help push Disney to finally redo at least the look of Tomorrowland?

• ~

Re: Disney's 1952 Film Retitled Tomorrowland!

There are already some threads about this subject.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ie-2014-a.html

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ean-parks.html

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like they have now been merged.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 01-28-2013 at 02:50 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The ever helpful Co-Writer of the film Damon Lindelof just Tweeted:

"We won't tell you what it's about (yet), but we will tell you what it's NOT about. And that would be ALIENS. #Tomorrowland"
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• The one, the only...

We need to remember that Disneyland celebrates its 60th anniversary in 2015. I thought Al had already mentioned that the Autopia are is already being looked at as a location for a major new attraction. To me, this fits into the synergy Disney loves.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• ~

I tried to dig up some more details but came up mostly dry. I was mainly searching for some indications that the film's premise could influence a Tomorrowland re-do, but it seems like plot details are being kept under-wraps and that most of the discussion regarding the plot is pure speculation and rumors. I did find one article that talked a littlecx bit about the two names, but it isn't terribly revealing:

"Plot details have remained closely guarded, but it's been reported the film, written by Damon Lindelof ("Star Trek," "Prometheus") and Brad Bird ("The Incredibles," "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol") is a sci-fi alien flick, a la "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

The title was said to reference a file box, labeled '1952' found in Walt Disney's development lab after his death.

For the uninitiated, Tomorrowland is also one of eight "lands" at Disneyland Park. Walt bought the property in 1953, so perhaps there is some connection there. Or it could just be a clever way for Disney to capitalize on the sure success of the Clooney vehicle with a tie-in for the amusement park."

Source: George Clooney's '1952' is now 'Tomorrowland' - Is a Disneyland tie-in in the works? - Zap2it

Other websites pointed out that the film's previous title may have referenced to the year that WED has created, leading to the question if the film will somehow involve the history of the creation of the park. But there really isn't any other information to support that speculation. Too little at this moment in time to have a solid idea of what this film will look like-- and thus, it's a little too early to tell if it will be something that could ultimately influence the land in the parks.

• ~

Please pardon the double-post.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The ever helpful Co-Writer of the film Damon Lindelof just Tweeted:

"We won't tell you what it's about (yet), but we will tell you what it's NOT about. And that would be ALIENS. #Tomorrowland"
    If this is true, looks like this discredits the idea above that the film will be a "sci-fi alien flick." Maybe the "sci-fi" aspect still stands, but not the alien part. Perhaps it will indeed be a film somehow portraying (or at least somehow involving) the creation of Disneyland-- maybe even EPCOT, since that really was going to be the land of tomorrow. Again, purely speculation here based on what others have said as well as the film's two titles.

Does anyone know where the rumors of this film being of the sci-fi genre originated? Just from the title "Tomorrowland" or from a credible source? I've seen it described as science fiction in practically every article that I've read, but since no other definite information has been released, I'm wondering where these rumors originated.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 01-28-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post

Does anyone know where the rumors of this film being of the sci-fi genre originated? Just from the title "Tomorrowland" or from a credible source? I've seen it described as science fiction in practically every article that I've read, but since no other definite information has been released, I'm wondering where these rumors originated.
    I know that the folks at Blue Sky Disney have blogged about this project since last year, they've reported that the suits are excited about this project and that the suits hope that the movie would be the start of a new film franchise for the studio. They have also reported that the film has a sci-fi/parnormal element to it.

Regarding the year 1952, that's the year Walt Disney established WED (aka Disney Imagineering).

• Under that tree again!

We’ve been hearing a lot about a box full of unexplained artifacts that is the basis of a film starring George Clooney being developed at The Walt Disney Studios. The project is known as 1952 (although we’ve just learned it’s now called Tomorrowland – okay, we’re officially intrigued) and is from The Incredibles director Brad Bird and Lost creator Damon Lindelof.
    Last week, the pair tweeted out tantalizing pictures of this mysterious box purportedly found in the Walt Disney Imagineering archives. What’s in the box, and what does it have to do with us? We’re as eager as you are to find out.
    Have You Seen This Box? « Disney Parks Blog

• Minion

If that doesn't signify a connection to the Disney parks, I don't know what does.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast