Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Dancing to return inside Disneyland?

Oh noes if they don't bring back the dancing. I never participated but I liked to view others.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    They also told us we'd get the MSEP back and that doesn't look like it's going to happen either
    The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Disney moved the swing dancing to BVS in DCA. Looks like it might not be coming back to the old area they promised it would after all.
    It would be far more fitting over there. I wonder where in DCA?

The backlot parties are way more popular as is. I would hate to see it placed in something like Stage 17. I think in the Paradise Gardens would be a very good location, but have some interference by WoC. At least Paradise Gardens has some space and the tables and umbrellas could be moved out, plus it has a little band stand. Too bad it doesn't have a wooden dance floor.

• Minion

They should have built a venue somewhere in BVS specifically for swing dancing. I have my doubts that Disney will remain true to their word about dancing coming back to the Plaza...err Princess Fantasy Faire.

• Perennial Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    They should have built a venue somewhere in BVS specifically for swing dancing. I have my doubts that Disney will remain true to their word about dancing coming back to the Plaza...err Princess Fantasy Faire.
    I was thinking the Hyperion Theater queue would be good for this - it's a little out of the way but it's an underutilized area. Could be a little tricky if the theater remodel ever happens. I really loved the swing dancing and I think it fits so nicely into BVS, I hope they will figure this one out!

• I am not a Krusty Krab

My bf is attatched to this project, thestage is the same size and the benches arent bolted to the ground, the dancing will return and whoever told you otherwise lied

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    My bf is attatched to this project, thestage is the same size and the benches arent bolted to the ground, the dancing will return and whoever told you otherwise lied
    Thank you for posting this. It is good to hear from someone who knows, rather than hearing speculation. Swing Dancing at DLR is alive and kicking every Saturday night, even if most people don't like dancing in DtD and are anticipating (eagerly!) the return to PFF/CPG. This is a tradition that dates back to Walt's time, so let's hope that construction goes smoothly and quickly so that the dancing can move back into the park asap!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Thought I had heard they were moving the Swing Dancing over to DCA
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• The one, the only...

Certainly, it would be a mistake for Disney management to move or discontinue the Disneyland tradition. I would think this is a President of Disneyland call. While during the day that area can be for kids, I think it is a mistake to do character interaction late in the day. Children get cranky when they get tired and they are harder to manage in a line or when their favorite character has to take a break. I think to maximize the use of that area, a swing band at night would be a great addition, just as it has been going on for decades.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Under that tree again!

So will the play conflicting swing, or will they play more fitting waltzes?

• Inappropriate

Well you just saved us all a lot of bickering

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

What a truly significant, colossal, cataclysmic mistake it would be for Disney management to move or discontinue this most holy Disneyland tradition. Think of the angry mob, aka Disney “fans,” with their mouse ears, suspenders and glow sticks marching up to the walls of Sleeping Beauty Castle demanding that Swing dancing return, along with Carnation Plaza Gardens or else they‘ll.... well there will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, by golly. How dare Disneyland make anymore changes! It’s been going on for decades. While we are at it I want Monsanto’s House of the Future and Disney Afternoon Avenue returned, at once! ;P

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

If swing was such an "honored tradition" to Disneyland and this area then why wasn't it included in the Blue Sky Cellar presentation. I guess swing isn't what it use to be....
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Well you just saved us all a lot of bickering
    Not necessarily.....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    If swing was such an "honored tradition" to Disneyland and this area then why wasn't it included in the Blue Sky Cellar presentation. I guess swing isn't what it use to be....
    No, the Disney Company isn't what it used to be.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Banned User

If the Disney Company isn't what it used to be. Neither are the guests. They used to be so well-mannered and actually would get dressed-up to go to Disneyland. Now they are so pushy and dress like slobs. And for most of Disneyland’s existence smoking was allow throughout the park. Hey even Uncle Walt smoked like a chimney. In fact, Disneyland used to have a tobacco shop on Main Street where guests could buy pipes and tobacco from around the world along with cigars and cigarettes. The Disneyland smoke shop stood until 1991! Sadly, the Disney Company (aka the company that isn’t what it used to be) in their glorious wisdom decided that times have changed and that it was no longer kosher to sell cigarettes in Disneyland or to have some guests blowing smoke in the faces of other guests while waiting the queues. Ha. The nerve.
    Last edited by mark sharp; 01-30-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast