Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Dancing to return inside Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by jrramsey View Post
    In DTD there are smokers, theft, over-crowding, bad sound systems, 50-50 whether a floor is present, band is cramped on stage, weather et al and still folks have been coming all with the hope to move back inside. At some point, its just not worth it in DTD. Very sad to break this 57 year tradition and their word (many execs at Disney promised which his why they said they kept the main CPG tent area...)
    I don't have a problem with smokers or drinkers. I don't know why you would single out theft in DTD, it can happen in the parks or out.

The floor, sound system and stage can all be improved. I think that was the whole reason Al mentioned it today. Better accommodate the crowds and the music, and you have a lovely Saturday night staple.

Smoking is a problem since its uncontrolled in DTD. Also, theft by random passerby's doesn't usually occur in Disneyland (though not impossible) since most are there to enjoy and not pickup something cheap. DTD has NO security and anyone can come in. The floor will never be consistent due to "outprioritiztion" by other groups (Lunar new year and other special events not to mention weather) plus its very small. Plus if you increase its size, the traffic to other DTD visitors becomes unruly and not fair to them.

True about the stage and sound system but nothing has improved in 9 months. In fact, even got worse.

But the worst part is the resort executives said one thing and did another with no consequences.

• I Miss Carnation Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by jrramsey View Post
    Smoking is a problem since its uncontrolled in DTD. Also, theft by random passerby's doesn't usually occur in Disneyland (though not impossible) since most are there to enjoy and not pickup something cheap. DTD has NO security and anyone can come in. The floor will never be consistent due to "outprioritiztion" by other groups (Lunar new year and other special events not to mention weather) plus its very small. Plus if you increase its size, the traffic to other DTD visitors becomes unruly and not fair to them.

True about the stage and sound system but nothing has improved in 9 months. In fact, even got worse.

But the worst part is the resort executives said one thing and did another with no consequences.
    I agree with jrramsey, especially the part about theft. Inside the park, there were tables and chairs setup where you could lock your backpack which contained your non-dance shoes while you were dancing, plus any jacket you might be wearing. You could then dance and your stuff was reasonably secure and out of the way in the corner. At Downtown Disney, not only is there no safe place to put your stuff, your only place is to dump it out in the middle of the floor where you'll never be able to see it within 10 feet with all of the people standing around.

It's for this reason I've wandered by Downtown Disney to watch, but have never danced there. The only way I can imagine doing this is to get a group of people together, where some people always stand watch over everyone's bags while the others dance and switch-off. I've noticed a few people do this, but it's a much bigger deal trying to organize this if it's just 2 people who drive down (which is the case with me and my wife).

Anyway, while I hope the park management decides to eventually return dancing to the original venue, I don't have high hopes for it. I was happy for it while it lasted, but I think it's the end of an era. I'm glad some people are having fun at Downtown Disney for now.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Not that its going to matter or change anything, but the "Disney Resort Dance Band Schedule" Facebook page as a link to a petition to bring the dancing back into Disneyland....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope by the summer they'll bring dancing back...not for me but for the small group of people who did

I think the reason we don't see dancing day one is to let CM's get the hang of the new area and get things ready for the bust summer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345