Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• See you there!

Dancing to return inside Disneyland?

Well, the Fantasy Faire makeover is almost complete.

What has anyone heard about the return of Saturday dancing?

Thanks,

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Minion

Re: Dancing to return inside Disneyland?

they said back in the beginning of the project it would. I don't see any reason for it not to. The stage and floor were to be left alone. Guess we shall see.

• A Dark Future

Yes, in the original press release, they said something along the lines of the swing dancing being a Disneyland tradition, and that it would indeed return to the stage area when construction is complete.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Under that tree again!

While they said it would I have my concerns that it won't The reason I have doubt it in the renderings of the new stage, they have lots of benchs, and the benches may be secured to the floor.

Also does the stage area look like it's occupying a lot more of the floor space?

Last edited by swampymarsh; 01-28-2013 at 08:38 PM.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    While they said it would I have my concerns that it won't The reason I have doubt it in the renderings of the new stage, they have lots of benchs, and the benches may be secured to the floor.

Also does the stage area look like it's occupying a lot more of the floor space?

That is what I thought when I saw the rendering at Blue Sky Celler Saturday evening.

I asked the CM there and he said (in a rather matter-of-fact) tone that dancing would not be coming back. I thought, even if true, it contridicts what we were told, and I thought it was probably a major faux Pas on his part to contridict the "official line".

Also, where would the spectators go?

I am wondering if anyone has any recent info on the subject?

Thanks,

Andy

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

They better bring the swing music back... we were promised that they would... there would be a whole lot of really angry people if for some reason they don't. A while back they had a swing band event in one of the hotels I believe, that had to be canceled because they had TO MANY people. (It was posted on the Disney Resort Dance Band FB page... but I can't find it now)

As far as the bands and dancers know at this point, it will return. They haven't been told otherwise. Of course they also haven't been given official word yet either.

What concerns me is what they did to the dance floor. In construction pictures it showed they tore the floor out down to the dirt. If they leave it concrete, or if they put the dance floor back in and then have those benches sitting on the floor... well hopefully they will be removable and hopefully they will figure out a way to maintain the floor without damaging it if they move the benches back and forth.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

It's hard to figure out the dimensions because, as the title suggests, it is only an artist's proposal of what the theatre may look like once finished. As for the benches, it's possible they will only have minimal seating here and there for the parents and the kids will sit on the floor (similar to the setup at the Disney Junior show) This would allow easy rearrangement/removal of the benches for nighttime dancing.

All along they have said that swing dancing will return - I don't see a reason why they would change their minds at the last minute.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I say it belongs there and not whereever to went in DtD. I say if they are going to use benches than they will probaly use light wieght ones like they have around the park that are not attachted to the ground. The could simpley move it to the oposite side of the faire grounds like they do for fireworks or parades. I think the setup of Disney Jr. sucks and my legs are dead asleep at the end of the show they need to redesign that show and this one if they are doing floor seating.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Minion

From the drawings, it looks as though there's a lot of room in that town square. Any chance the dancing could be happening there?

• Minion

Swing dancing in Fantasy Faire would be a mighty big anachronism and I'm surprised that no one else is showing any hesitation yet...

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

well i guess if they "promised" then they HAVE to bring back swing dancing. They are most likely going to move it to Buena Vista Street. Which would maybe lean towards them keeping their promise that dancing would be back to Disneyland... Resort aka DCA.

And benches that can be moved to some degree would possibly pose as a hazard with people always moving around them, walking on them, over them, laying on them, leaning on them, etc. I would rather see live music while people sit down to rest their feet. Not swing dancing music but music to fit the theme of the area. Maybe even singing group to entertain at night.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 01-29-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• "I don't like the color"

I find it hard to believe that the swing dancing will be back. Disney just fed us their BS so nobody would be up in arms. I stated in a way earlier thread when this project was announced that I bet that Disney would get rid of the dancing and was berated by some saying "Have faith, Disney will bring back the dancing"... uh huh, sure.
    nonoB88 said:
    All along they have said that swing dancing will return - I don't see a reason why they would change their minds at the last minute.
    They probably had no intention of bringing back the dancing from the beginning.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Swing dancing in Fantasy Faire would be a mighty big anachronism and I'm surprised that no one else is showing any hesitation yet...
    It would, granted the new themeing could influence a change in the style of dress, music and dance.

The Royal Hall meet and greet has been announced to run into the night, so that would add to the conflict of themeing as well.

• will-o-the-whip

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney moved the swing dancing to BVS in DCA. Looks like it might not be coming back to the old area they promised it would after all.

• Vidia's Minion

They also told us we'd get the MSEP back and that doesn't look like it's going to happen either

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast