Question Fantasmic!: What's the Best Strategy For Seeing the Second Show?

We will be at Disneyland on Friday, May 3 and Saturday, May 4. I've heard that people starting reserving seats for the first showing of Fantasmic quite early. We will have our 2 young sons with us (ages 5 and 2), so our strategy will be to see the Fireworks first then head over to the later showing of Fantasmic (on Friday or Saturday night).

What's the best way to do this? How do we battle the crowds that are exiting the Fantasmic show area from the first show? Should we reserve Premium seating for the second show or is it unnecessary? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Fantasmic!: What's the Best Strategy For Seeing the Second Show?

What I usually do is about 30 minutes before the second showing, I'll find a place in front of the Haunted Mansion, usually near the sound board. It's standing, but it's just about dead center and if you're willing to wait for 30 minutes you'll have a really great viewing.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    quite early. We will have our 2 young sons with us (ages 5 and 2), so our strategy will be to see the Fireworks first then head over to the later showing of Fantasmic (on Friday or Saturday night).
    Promtly as the fireworks end, get to right in front of the Castle. Ideally watch the fireworks near the Castle or Hub, and next to a walkway. Walkways are kept open for access during the fireworks and move in a counter clockwise direction around the Hub. So right as the fireworks end get to the right and forward.

Cross in front of the Castle to the Frontierland entrance. Keep right because the viewers of the first showing of Fantasmic! will be coming to the Hub. Stay right of the crowd until you get upto the river area. Then it's fairly easy to get a good F! viewing spot.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

You could always go on HM or Splash during Fireworks to get the prime seats infront of the middel tower but I find sitting on the wall in front of the raft launch is just as good (the don't kick you off), and you feet don't hurt from sitting on the hard, cold ground (its infront of HM)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M