Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Re: A rule to make everyone have a better experience during outdoor shows

They could atleast add something to the spiel before the show starts about keeping kids off your shoulders. I bet if it became a policy, people will still do it though

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Just drawn that way

When I worked there, we asked people no to do this as it is a safety issue.... It is hard to get people to listen to CM's and hard to single out everyone who does this.

I hate it cause I am short so even if a normal sized person stands in front on me I can't see. People always find away to bend or ignore the rules.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    watch fireworks stand at the Train Station steps or at Carnation Cafe section of Main Street or move to its a small world, or catch the second viewing of Fantasmic or stand behind the middle control tower, or even to watch the parade stand at its a small world mall on the raised area.
    Sorry, but I feel that if I have staked out a spot with a good view, or I have a favorite area to view a show from I shouldn’t have to move just because some selfish person decides that 10 seconds into the show they need to raise their kid on to their shoulders. It should be the wrong doer that has to alter their behavior pattern, not the person who is innocently watching a show that should accommodate the selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    I'm guessing that the #1 reason they don't make a policy about it is that they would then have to pay to have enough CM's and security on hand to enforce it.
    That’s true. Look how well they enforce the rule that prevents people from cutting into line with expired fastpasses.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Circle of Ancients

It's called common courtesy, something that seems to be in short supply these days unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Why not keep your kid at eye level, which is fair for everyone??
    My child is special and the universe revolves around him

Quote Originally Posted by PascalGal View Post
    And I'm going to say nicely that an important part of life is making consideration of others a priority.
    My child learns the important lesson, that he is more important than everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Americans are of the "Me first" mentality.
    Hey! Don't go bad mouthing America!
    I'll get off my soapbox, might be blocking someone's view

-----
    Sorry if I'm not taking this issue seriously. There are so many things that could irritate me at the parks, but I simply choose to ignore them and enjoy my visit. This outlook comes from attending hundreds of general admission concerts, were rude behavior is the norm.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    Sorry if I'm not taking this issue seriously. There are so many things that could irritate me at the parks, but I simply choose to ignore them and enjoy my visit.
    Some things are easier to ignore than others.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I totally agree with the OP.

One time we got the Ariel's Grotto dinning package, had a GREAT dinner, and got the 'VIP' viewing area the first summer WOC was out. we had a pretty okay view until 5 mins into the show when suddenly a WALL OF SEVEN FOOT TALL CHILDREN appeared. My family was SOO upset because we couldnt see anymore! instead of enjoying this magical show, we were stuck angry and confused and we felt like we were ripped off since we kinda paid for that viewing area.

ruined the whole experience. I am 5'3" and i am used to getting ready for fireworks by stationing myself on curbs, looking between tall people's shoulders but sometimes it doesnt work out, usually, because others are being greedy with space.

I like to pass on kindness though, if a family with children are behind me and my BF, i offer the kids to stand in front of us, because the kids will see better and they wont bother our view, and i would hope that they would do the same thing as well.

me. saving the world, one small gesture at a time. xD

• Loves Disney

How about a zone for just kids with Cm's that give tickets or hand stamps for a parent and child and the children have their own viewing area that way people wouldn't have to worry about adults blocking kids viewing or parents lifting their children onto their shoulders.

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    How about a zone for just kids with Cm's that give tickets or hand stamps for a parent and child and the children have their own viewing area that way people wouldn't have to worry about adults blocking kids viewing or parents lifting their children onto their shoulders.
    I like that idea, as long as it doesn't take up a lot of area. Also families that don't know about this will still put their kids on there shoulders....
    Little and broken, but still good.

• former CM

There are some good suggestions here. I'll add another that works for us at the World of Color shows. Make sure you get a place with one of the many railed garden sections RIGHT in front of you. Better to stand behind a low fence than a tall person. Not everyone can do this, but you can. We also get the boxed lunches with tickets to the yellow areas.

For Fantasmic, Disney should post signs that unattended blankets will immediately be taken to the Lost and Found. Then Disney should do this. If a single parent has to take his kid to the bathroom, he could ask those nearby to watch his blanket for 10-15 minutes while they rush to a bathroom. The CMs should then respect what people nearby tell them and not take it, unless they've been gone for more than 20 minutes--especially if it's more than an hour before the show. Folks should not take up more room than they need. We use a Mickey Mouse beach towel that is the size of a medium sized bath towel, and that's plenty of room for us. I'd also like Disney to have a rule, blankets may not be laid out till one hour before any show.

another problem i had at world of color; someone standing behind me decided to film almost the whole show with his super bright camera light on.

someone asked him to turn it off at one point but he just kept going. the shadows of everyones big heads on the planters in front of us were distracting for the whole section, & using a light to film a show that relies on light would just ruin any footage you got anyways...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Make sure you get a place with one of the many railed garden sections RIGHT in front of you. Better to stand behind a low fence than a tall person.
    I always try to do this. I also found that getting one of the dinners that qualify for the special dining section usually gives you a better chance of getting one of these since they tend to tell the diners that they don’t have to be there as early as the people in the regular sections. If you show up right when they let in the other sections, you usually have your pick of the viewing spots.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    For Fantasmic, Disney should post signs that unattended blankets will immediately be taken to the Lost and Found. Then Disney should do this.
    Disney should have just started picking up the unattended items when they first started showing up. Maybe the trend wouldn’t have been started of leaving one’s crap while they went on a ride. If someone wants to reserve a spot, fine but stay there in person and reserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    using a light to film a show that relies on light would just ruin any footage you got anyways...
    At least you can have some comfort in knowing that you have the last laugh in that he won't have any watchable footage.

• Capt without a ship...

Really could be solved if they didnt make the viewing areas standing room only. If everyone sat down, small kids could see just fine - and most times - except for summer - the viewing areas arent full anyway.

sometimes people camp out with their kids sitting - everyone else around them is sitting as - so they think the kids will be fine viewing the parade/WOC/whatever - then the event starts and everyone around them stands and blocks everything, when if everyone stayed sitting - EVERYONE could see.

That happened to us so many times, we found a good spot at a curb for a parade, people were in front of us sitting - then they all stand and just block us out entirely.

•   
    • Minion

It seems as though most of the people who justify doing this are upset because their kids' views are blocked...but then they feel perfectly justified in blocking someone else's view.

Consideration for others goes a long way, folks. I do think they should ban this because it has a such a negative impact.

As a short person I cannot see if ANYONE over 4'5" stands in front of me, so I always try to stand someplace where I'm on a railing, etc. and there's no way to get in my path.

• Banned User

The rule should be... Disney must stop creating show arenas that have no seating. All viewing areas must have bench seating.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast