Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Ask a disneyland attractions CM (thats me)

1) Why do CMs speak so softly when telling you what row to enter for a ride? Often so quietly you can barely hear them.

2) Why do CMs always wear jackets, even when it's 115 degrees outside?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    1) Why do CMs speak so softly when telling you what row to enter for a ride? Often so quietly you can barely hear them.

2) Why do CMs always wear jackets, even when it's 115 degrees outside?
    I'm a former attractions CM (Casey Jr., Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White, Toad, Alice, Teacups, Carousel and Walk-Through) and I ALWAYS made sure I was loud whenever I asked questions or told the guests to do something. Some CMs are a little quiet.

I never wore my jacket unless it was cold outside. Oh and those Fantasyland coats look warm... Trust me, they're NOT.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• The doctor is in

What attractions have you personally worked in? Are there any specific attractions you'd like to work in?
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post

Our Holiday Parties being taken away from us is a huge slap in the face for us. Our schedules that all CMs work and the hours we put in, the holiday parties were the one night we looked foward too with our families because we had the park to ourselves with no day guest and if you have ever been to a holiday party then you know the atmosphere is great. To me its not fair that they could not give up 2 nights so that their cast members can feel appreciated especially since they have taken away our parking lot so it can be used for guest only to later see that parking lots were empty. Its a 50 year tradition started by Walt Disney himself and now it has been taken away from us so that disney can make a profit from candlelight which was a nightmare for cast and guest who were in the park. i hope this new president can bring back our holiday parties. oh but wait... we got free popcorn and soda...
    KEEP ASKING YOUR QUESTIONS FOLKS!
    You got six coupons for either popcorn or a soda and you got 3 meal coupons that were good for 30%, 40%, and 50% off your meal and you got more tickets for the Family Holiday Celebration than you would have gotten for the Family Holiday Party.

Pretty nice slap in the face if you ask me.

Global

• Zephyr Pilot

For Jungle Cruise, how do leads and managers feel about non-OG jokes? Do they want skippers to stick to approved spiels or do they look the other way? (Answer only if you feel comfortable answering.)

• No Disassemble!

As a CM how often do you encounter angry and/or unreasonable guests? And if it's to some frequency, what things help you to keep your cool throughout the day and not let it get to you?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Have you or anyone you know got a praise report from City Hall or the oposite one?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

What would happen if I cross the yellow line?

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Global View Post
    You got six coupons for either popcorn or a soda and you got 3 meal coupons that were good for 30%, 40%, and 50% off your meal and you got more tickets for the Family Holiday Celebration than you would have gotten for the Family Holiday Party.

Pretty nice slap in the face if you ask me.

Global
    Are you a CM?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Disney Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Have you or anyone you know got a praise report from City Hall or the oposite one?

I did the WDW CP in 2006 and I got a city hall compliment and it was the best day ever! It was like a big deal to them... the compliment was in a card and everything ... I have it in my WDW scrapbook somewhere...

Not sure if it's still a big deal or if it is even a big deal in DL

•   

Comments received at Guest Relations absolutely do get back to us and they are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    As a CM how often do you encounter angry and/or unreasonable guests? And if it's to some frequency, what things help you to keep your cool throughout the day and not let it get to you?
    That depends on the position and location. Some jobs involve getting yelled at numerous times during the average shift. For others, it doesn't happen very often. As you can imagine, it really comes down to how often you have to correct or restrict people's behavior. They often dont like being told what to do, even if it's for their safety. The best way to cope is to have a sense of humor about it and focus on the many wonderful guests we meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    That depends on which yellow line we're talking about. In attractions, yellow lines are usually intended to restrict guest access, especially in areas that involve moving machinery that could cause injury. If you cross a line at an improper time, you might just be asked to step back........but if you choose a bad enough time and place, the entire attraction might stop immediately and have to be evacuated. The policies vary widely depending on how dangerous the situation is, and that danger may or may not be apparent to you. Bottom line, please dont cross a line on the ground unless directed to do so by a cast member, especially if the line is yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Where is the nearest men's room?

Get on the train at the nearest station. Get off at the 4th stop. The restrooms will be to your right. (Unless you wind up in Tomorrowland. Things are more complicated in the future. )

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Are you a CM?
    Does it matter?

Global

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    You get locked in a tiny room with no light and hear Small World playing in an endless loop from a creepy animatronic with red eyes and Fran Drescher's voice.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    For Jungle Cruise, how do leads and managers feel about non-OG jokes? Do they want skippers to stick to approved spiels or do they look the other way? (Answer only if you feel comfortable answering.)
    I can answer this one; I asked the same thing of a friend of mine that works the WDW Jungle Cruise. You are always supposed to follow the script, and you can get in trouble, even disciplinary trouble, for straying from the script excessively. Of course this is only ever a problem if a manager, coordinator, or secret auditor is onboard to witness it, and so often the skipper will make a quick judgment of their audience once they board and then deliver accordingly. And then it varies largely by skipper, how they feel about providing a possibly better show vs risking some disciplinary action, how much effort they put into memorizing multiple jokes, etc..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast