Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ask a disneyland attractions CM (thats me)

Hello... i am a cast member at disneyland where i work on attractions. I know guest always have several questions about attractions so I am going to allow you to ask away here. I can answer questions about Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, and Disneyland Railroad (these are i the attractions i know how to operate). So ask away ill try to answer as many as i can.

ps. i am new here, so my replies will be very lame and poorly formated, so i apologize.

• Selfie Expert

Re: Ask a disneyland attractions CM (thats me)

What are you told, as a CM, about Fastpass return times? As far as policy goes and how you are to explain the return time to guests.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland 19 year APH

...Welcome to Micechat...What is the policy for the last train ride of the night and you have a handicap person board do you make them get off at Main Street or hold them until NOS? I know its an impratical question and it would not happen but what would you guys do?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Welcome to MiceChat!
    How do you feel, as a CM, about the holiday parties being taken away due to the One Disney mantra? Do you feel that Orlando should just butt out and that Disneyland should be taken differently than WDW? What are your early thoughts on your new boss Michael Colglazier?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• formerly very helpful

My only comment right now is be careful that your bosses don't find out that you're online answering Disney questions. They may not take kndly to it, and it would be a shame if you got into trouble at work for it. Just a thought.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    My only comment right now is be careful that your bosses don't find out that you're online answering Disney questions. They may not take kndly to it, and it would be a shame if you got into trouble at work for it. Just a thought.
    This....

Disney DOES monitor fan boards, and CM's have lost their jobs because of things they have posted online. While you may think your actual identity is hidden on the net, Disney has ways of finding out who the "real" you is, and if you post information that is suppose to not be public knowledge you risk losing your job. Generic questions like "what time does the 3 o'clock parade start" or something basic like that will probably be ok, but if you think it will be cool to give out "inside" information.... don't.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    This....

Disney DOES monitor fan boards, and CM's have lost their jobs because of things they have posted online. While you may think your actual identity is hidden on the net, Disney has ways of finding out who the "real" you is, and if you post information that is suppose to not be public knowledge you risk losing your job. Generic questions like "what time does the 3 o'clock parade start" or something basic like that will probably be ok, but if you think it will be cool to give out "inside" information.... don't.
    Dang, and I thought I was going to get my hard hitting questions answered...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Banned User

Where is the nearest men's room?

• Closed Account

Do you notch up the Johnson Bar when you run the DRR, or leave it in the corner?

• formerly very helpful

Just don't put Baby inthe corner.

• -

Where are the hidden security cameras that aren't visible or immediately apparent?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• First star to the right..

You should head over to Ask Me Anything or disney and post there! They would love to hear from you!

(plus u'll learn about the most addictive site on the web!)

These are all good questions, and no im not gonna be sharing confidential info about the park... alot of these questions guest have been asking or feel they are silly questions to ask...

Fastpass: We always tell guest that they must return during that hour window, its those few times when guest have concerns like "oh we have reservation during this times" stuff like that... thats when we tell them that we do not turn passes away when they are late. But the rumor is that the company is going to strictly enforce that 1hour return, time... right now its just a rumor... if it does happen CMs will have to do some extra spieling and make sure that guest are aware of what the return time is, and that they must return during that time window. What happens when the rides break down or they get stuck on another ride IDK, becuase im pretty sure plenty excusses like that will come up.

Disneyland Railroad: right now it kinda works out in for everyone because Main Street station is closed and every will have to get off on Tomorrowland... But, when we have MS Station, Conductors will spiel and spiel and spiel during the sweeper trip that no one is allowed to get off the train until we arrive back at MS "This is our last trip of the night, Disneyland Is Closed, so we will only be picking up guest at the stations and no one will be able to exit the train till we arrive back at MS Station". When someone with a wheelchair is at one of the stations, we let them know that no one will be able to exit until we arrive at MS. If they can fold their wheelchair and take stairs, that works great and they will take the ride with us. but if there are guest who cannot take stairs or have an ECV, most will just turn around and leave, others will really want to get on the trains. So what we do (and this is rare because it does not please security who is trying to clear the park... but there is no rule that says we are not allowed to do this) we will let them exit at TL stations.

Our Holiday Parties being taken away from us is a huge slap in the face for us. Our schedules that all CMs work and the hours we put in, the holiday parties were the one night we looked foward too with our families because we had the park to ourselves with no day guest and if you have ever been to a holiday party then you know the atmosphere is great. To me its not fair that they could not give up 2 nights so that their cast members can feel appreciated especially since they have taken away our parking lot so it can be used for guest only to later see that parking lots were empty. Its a 50 year tradition started by Walt Disney himself and now it has been taken away from us so that disney can make a profit from candlelight which was a nightmare for cast and guest who were in the park. i hope this new president can bring back our holiday parties. oh but wait... we got free popcorn and soda... so i shouldnt complain!

security cameras are all over the place in the park cleverly disguised!

KEEP ASKING YOUR QUESTIONS FOLKS!

• Monorail Junkie

I just want to say thank you for making the magic happen, so "Thank you"

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Welcome! How long have you been a CM? Do you like it? What's your favorite part about working as a CM? What do you like working most? Is there anything you don't like working? Are there any attractions you would love to work?

EDIT: I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this, but what do the stamps on the GAC mean and how do you explain it to someone the uses of them? IF not, that's ok, you can ignore this question.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast