Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• former CM

Would you rather rather add CA themes to Bugsland, remove it, OR KEEP IT AS IT IS?

When my daughter was 2, 3, & 4 she LOVED this area, and I like it for that reason. I think it's well themed and I just pretend that they're California bugs. If I didn't pretend that it pertained to California, I'd surely rip off my clothes and run around DCA screaming out Beach Boys songs, but in the style of the popular music of the decade of the land I was being arrested in.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: Would you rather rather add California themes to a bugs land or remove it?

The little kids seem to like it, so it's like the DCA Toontown area for me. I have zero interest in anything other than It's Tough to be a Bug, but I can't see that small a space being used as well for anything else.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Not a fan, except for the theming of course. My son and I did take a solo ride on the chew train just for fun on our last trip. Even had the CM take a pic.

• Banned User

Honestly, I don't care if Disney maintains the "California" pretense. I wouldn't mind if the entire premise of the park is expanded to include the Journey to California instead of trying to replicate locales. I mean Cars Land doesn't really have much to do with California either. So the fact that Bug's Land isn't specific to California doesn't bother me. Having said that, I don't care much for it and would like to see it replaced.

Since Hollywood Land has always be thematically weak I would like to see it transformed into something else and use Bug’s Land to carry the Hollywood theme from Buena Vista Street.

I would move CinéMagique, a clone of the very popular attraction at Walt Disney Studios Park, Paris, which portrays many classic scenes of Hollywood films, into the "It's Tough to be a Bug Theater." And turn Bug's Land into "Sunset Boulevard" - a curving walkway designed to recall the famous street as it skirts around the Hollywood Hills. This walk would be lined with oversized billboards (the movies advertised would periodically change), also a replica of the Bulldog Cafe, a classic example of "California Crazy" architecture and featured in Disney's The Rocketeer, and the Sunset Ranch Market, with a number of quick service options. I would then reorient the entrance and queue for the Tower of Terror in order to create a more immersive experience, like the one a DHS. Make it appear to be set back “in the hills.” Sunset Boulevard would represent a particular journey, just as Cars Land represents part of Route 66 on the way to California.

As for Hollywood Land. What does live stage theater have to do with the film industry? Or Monsteropolis with Hollywood? I would turn Hollywood Land into “The City,” better themed to the existing attractions. This area wouldn’t represent a specific California city but I guess San Francisco of the 1920-40’s could be the inspiration. Both the Red Car Trolley and ToT would transition into SF nicely. San Francisco is full of great history and lore that could be turned into attractions.
    Last edited by mark sharp; 01-30-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

• Banned User

I see no point of removing the land. With Carsland, they have given the park what it needs, which is more things for adults. With Bugsland, it fits the kids/toddler demographic.

If you still think DCA is missing something, there is more undeveloped land for their next addition south of Tower of Terror and east of Carsland.

• Minion

Although bug's land is immersive, I say get rid of it. I'm in favor for a land dedicated to something that has to do with California.

I'm still waiting on an announcement regarding Phase 2 for DCA.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Atmospherically, Bug's Land is terrific. There's something really special about walking through the cereal box and entering the land under those giant clovers. So they nailed the theme especially well, IMHO, but the rides are just ridiculously cheap and nothing special -- just variations of old-fashioned carnival rides. I do like It's Tough to be a Bug, though.

• Banned User

When it first opened it was clear that DCA was going to cater to a more of pre-teen-teen-adult crowd rather than “kids/toddler demographic”. After all the park next door is full of attractions for the kids. They even have two lands just for them. Unfortunately, too many people just couldn’t wrap their heads around that idea and so Disney was forced to build this kiddie land. Since then they’ve been adding more kids attractions -Crush, Monsters, Inc., Little Mermaid, Goofy's Sky School, and Toy Story Midway Mania. And while Cars Land appeals to adults as well as kids I think it’s hilarious that people think it’s for ‘grown ups.’ I don’t think DCA is hurting for kid attractions at this point do you? But getting back to the idea that Bug’s Land is for kids. I know kids who are frightened by it and adults who are little squeamish too. It doesn’t have broad appeal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12