Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Would you rather rather add California themes to a bugs land or remove it?

Honestly, I like a bugs land. I'd be kind of sad to see it go, but on the other hand it could make way for a much better land. It's a great place for kids, I even enjoy myself there sometimes, but it doesn't have much to do with California. So why not add things that have to do with California in there? Maybe re do ITTBAB to have California bugs showcased (which would also make it not be an exact clone of DAK's version), an exhibit with California native bugs, maybe add foods to Hiemlech's chew chew train that are California grown? Or they could just remove it and add a new land. Chinatown and Spanish California could be nice themes for a new land or it could be used for an expansion of Hollywoodland (or Cars Land i guess...which really isn't necessary).
    So which would you guys prefer? leave it the way it is, add California themes, or remove it completly?

• No Disassemble!

Re: Would you rather rather add California themes to a bugs land or remove it?

Leave it, but give it a refresh. I think that the land has proven itself over time to be a big draw for families, why not add more life to it by adding roaming characters and maybe a mini-show featuring a scientist and real bugs.

The one thing I would replace though is Heimlich's Chew Chew Train.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Selfie Expert

The only thing I stop for in Bug's Land is ITTBAB, which I only recently gave a chance and fell in love with. I could see it being a great spot for little ones, and I personally think the theming is great, but I could do without it. It doesn't bother me much that it's there, though, so I guess I'm neutral. I would appreciate some sort of more exciting attraction.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I say make it into a subland along with the Walf (change it to San Francisco) or make it part of Carsland and Hollywood and add more rides and show that people will wait in line for

The land is too small for another good land to replace it, so I say CL expansion or hollywood expansion.

I'm leaning more toward CL. Would be a great place for a re imagining of autopia.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Selfie Expert

Another Autopia?!! Noooooo!! (Where's that Darth Vader "Nooo" when I need it?!)

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Another Autopia?!! Noooooo!! (Where's that Darth Vader "Nooo" when I need it?!)
    Sorry lol. I meant a replacement to free up current DL autopia space.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I say CA the place Although having a Pixar in the park now is not a problem and Bugs land was just a quick fix I would like to see it addeded on to. Replace its tough to be a bug (Did i mention I hate that show) with a new show or even make a dark attracion out of the building. I would think John Lastiter would save the land after all it part of his adopted baby (DCA).
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• -

I'm torn with this. On the one hand, Bugs Land does have excellent immersive theming and my kids love the rides. I'm not an entomologist so I'm not sure if any of the featured bugs are not indigenous to CA. If they all are found here, then there's nothing to say that this isn't CA.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have something fresh there. Maybe something themed to the 80's Sunset Strip complete with the Whiskey a Go Go. Since it is 80's LA they could add some Marvel here and have an attraction using the West Coast Avengers. They could also add in a couple smaller rides as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• formerly very helpful

As much as I think the theming is well done in BUgs Land, at the end of the day, it is mainly a kiddie land. The rides are basically off the shelf spinners, and bumper cars. I'd like to see them create a brand new land. I've always thought perhaps a Gold Rush town would be appropriate. (just a quick thought). Or something that would be more "Disney-worthy". Again, I think they did a great job with the immersion, but the rides are really lacking. I realize ITTBAB is a pretty good attraction, and I like it, but it is a copy from Walt DIsney World, and I'd rather have an original attraction that isn't a copy from another park. SOmething like a California version of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland, or something. GOod for the whole family.
    Just my thoughts.

I would demolish Bugsland and make a new land that continues the Walt's early Los Angeles days theme that they used for BVS. The idea in my head was GriffithParkland. Why not recreate the park that Walt would bring his daughters to on Saturday mornings and eventually spurned him on to the idea of creating Disneyland? We could keep the kiddie rides, but retheme them. Also maybe an E-ticket that resembles the Griffith Observatory. Just an idea.

Even though it's not for me , it does have a place for the little ones, Theme is great Nice shady area to walk through and to cool off under the water before standing in that long radiator line.

• Mmmm...

Cool Re: Would you rather rather add California themes to a bugs land or remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    The one thing I would replace though is Heimlich's Chew Chew Train.
    WHAT?!?! But riding that train is the most exciting 30 seconds of my life!
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

Blow it up and expand anything un-bug related

• Minion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast