Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Comfy walking shoes that are not Crocs?

"Wow! I love your crocs!" -says nobody, ever...

My go to shoes are a pair of adidas or ecco sandals.

Its a high end shoe brand but Clarks are really comfortable.

•   
    • Minion

If you want something like a sandal, I'd suggest Tevas. They're comfortable and they're made for walking - I have worn mine hiking in the desert and trekking all over the place and they've been fine (and so have my feet).
    TEVA® | Water Shoes, Flip Flops, Sandals & Hiking Shoes

For sneakers I'd also rec New Balance, or perhaps Earth.

For something a little dressier I'd recommend P.W. Minor shoes. They are made to stand up to walking, they have a ton of support and they're still nice looking. I have a bunch of PWM shoes and they're honestly still comfortable after an entire day of walking. The ones on the front page of the website might look like Doc Martens but they also have sneakers, Mary Janes, other flats.
    P.W.Minor

• No Disassemble!

New Balance. They spend more on R&D for their shoes than Nike spends on all it's pro athlete endorsements.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

This thread grew into a brand recommendation. You know what I recommend? Go to your local running store. Tell them you want shoes that are comfortable to walk in for a day. Try on shoes until you find a pair that believe is comfortable and walk around in them at the store. Take them home and walk a lot with them. If they are comfortable then bring them to Disneyland; if not then bring them back to the store and trade for another pair. Most reputable running stores will let you trade shoes for up to 30 days or so. I go to Disneyland a lot, on longer full scale days I prefer running shoes (I have Mizunos and Asics). I've worn flip fops for a whole day (rainbows). I've also gone for half days in dress shoes which weren't that bad. Whatever is most comfortable for you should work.

• keh!

Good for you for not wanting Crocs, they're hideous and should be exiled.

Last time I was at the resort all day I wore my Nike running shoes (no I did not run all over the park) and they were GREAT. After the 13 hour mark my feet did not hurt at all, (Joker's voice) Not. One. BIT. I could have kept going with those shoes.

• Down Pluto!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

about a 2 1/2 hour plane ride away from the happiest place on earth

If you don't mind sandals I would recommend Keen sandals. I just bought a pair specifically for my upcoming trip to Disneyland. During my last trip (last june) I had a pair that were a knock off brand. They were super comfortable, but after a 5 day trip to Disneyland I had split the soles. So I decided to spend the extra money and buy the better quality Keen sandals. The Keen sandals are very comfortable and I also like that they are sandals. This way if you go on wet rides such as splash mountain or grizzly river run, they dry out fairly quickly instead of remaining soggy all day long.

I guess I'm one of those people who values comfort over style... I am a proud wearer of crocs at Disneyland! I have some of their mary-jane styles that aren't quite as visually offensive, but offer the same comfort factor. I have horrible back problems (multiple herniations) and have a lot of trouble with swollen feet/ankles as a result of some nerve/back problems. Out of all of the shoes I have tried, I have found crocs to be the most comfortable in terms of all-day wear. I also like the fact that they can get wet and will dry off in a few minutes.

Another thing that I have found helpful is to pack two different pairs of shoes, with slightly different style insoles and change them out mid-day. Something about the change in type of shoe/support seemed to help my feet from feeling overly sore at the end of the day.

I am really interested in this thread, as I am about to embark on my first Disney World trip, and I know that involves a lot more walking!

• The doctor is in

These are the most comfortable to wear, imo. They don't take forever to dry if they get wet either.

• Circle of Ancients

I swear by the Skechers GoRun shoes both for running and for walking. At the outlet by us I can buy one get one 50% off.

•   

Thanks for all the input! I have learned the hard way that the most important factor is lots of cushioning for my soles. There is a store not too far from me that sells lots of New Balance shoes, so I will likely go that route and see what I can find. Gel inserts are probably in my future as well.

For me any kind of flip flop with a thicker sole, I have a pair of black Mickey Mouse flip flops that have around a 3/4 sole that are very comfy. Other than that Clarks are great or Toms seems to work very well too.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by the mermaid View Post
    I wouldn't recommend crocs because... well... they're crocs.
    I do just fine in Vans. I would think Toms or moccasins would be really comfy too.
    LOL agreed! Crocs are an abomination. Haha! Well to be honest, I think they're just hideous and aren't very functional either. I prefer Vibrams as they're more functional. But that's another story.

I'd go with New Balance, Asics, Sanuk, or Toms. They're all comfortable and look good. As others have said, just make sure you break them in before you walk around the parks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast