Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Comfy walking shoes that are not Crocs?

Hi all,

I am going to Disneyland at the end of April and am looking for some shoes that will give a lot of cushion and support when walking. A lot of people recommend Crocs, but when I looked at some of their shoes most did not seem to offer a lot of cushioning in the soles. I wore a pair of Sketchers with slim soles last year and while they were comfy at first, by the end of the day the soles of my feet felt bruised and after three days, my ankles were sore and swollen too. I was looking for something with lots of sole support to cushion and absorb the shock of each footstep and am hoping to buy something in the next week or so, so that I have time to break them in before my trip.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shoes that are lightweight and designed for lots of walking? Any help is appreciated!

Re: Comfy walking shoes that are not Crocs?

I wore my Crocs boots on our last trip and my feet didn't get sore at all. I could live in them. I know you said no Crocs, but really, they were the best shoes I've ever worn in the parks.

They are very warm though, and definitely not appropriate for late April. I like Teva Mush flip flops in warmer weather. They are so soft and comfortable.

• former CM

If money is no object I'd go to a store than sells many different kinds of New Balance running shoes. They also make walking & hiking shoes.

• #bringevilback

I'll second the New Balance suggestion. I wear them for work (12 hour shifts on my feet), working out, and of course, my disneyland trips. If you have a Kohl's nearby they usually have a decent selection and you can combine their sales with their coupons and get them at a good price.

• Disney Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    I wore my Crocs boots on our last trip and my feet didn't get sore at all. I could live in them. I know you said no Crocs, but really, they were the best shoes I've ever worn in the parks.

They are very warm though, and definitely not appropriate for late April. I like Teva Mush flip flops in warmer weather. They are so soft and comfortable.
    I dont know what to wear for the gumball rally.. I thinking crocs, but will they really be that comfy all day? And are flips out of the question for that kind of day?

• Parking Lot > DCA

I've never had an issue with a pair of Authentic Vans.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I wear Converse, flip flops or Vans and haven't had an issue. But if you do buy new shoes; make sure you walk around a bunch before your trip. Disneyland is a heck of a place to break in new shoes.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    I dont know what to wear for the gumball rally.. I thinking crocs, but will they really be that comfy all day? And are flips out of the question for that kind of day?
    Some people like either for whole days in the park.

I myself prefer running shoes as jcruise86 is suggesting. Thick soles and light weight.

I wouldn't recommend crocs because... well... they're crocs.
    I do just fine in Vans. I would think Toms or moccasins would be really comfy too.

We wear Keens (shoes, not sandals). Oxfords (lace-ups) for DH and Mary Janes for me. Add gel insoles and good wicking socks and we're good to go all day! For us, the Keens are more comfortable than tennis shoes.

• Wished I lived closer!

Teva Olowahu flip flops!!! I live in them 6 months out of the year...Last June I wore them for 17 straight hours at Disney World while a friend and I visited all 4 parks in 1 day. You will not be sorry. Plus they give you some pretty cool tan lines on your feet

• The doctor is in

When I am not working I am almost always in Converse All-Stars, but they tend to hurt my feet when I wear them a full day in the park. During my last two trips I alternated between a pair of Reebok running shoes and Vans skate shoes and my feet didn't get too sore.

I haven't personally worn Crocs in the park, or at all, but I have heard from several people that they are comfortable. The only negative thing I have heard about Crocs is they can be slippery when the tread wears down on the bottoms.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

I normally either wear my workout shoes (New Balance sneakers) or one of my pairs of shoes made by FitFlops. I love the sandals and boots they make. With my hip problems, I will always have some pain at the parks, but these shoes help a ton!

I would go to "The Walking Store" and try out shoes. I ended up getting a pair of Ecco's that feel like walking on air. I can be in the park for three days before my feet start to hurt.
    ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

I'll back up the New Balance. Right now I have a pair of Asics Gel running shoes that I prefer wearing in the park because of the thicker gel in the soul. I'm one of those people who need the thicker padding to make it through a day in the park. I would honestly check out Asics and pay the extra money for a really good pair of shoes. The great thing is that they are comfortable right out of the box. As far as Crocs go, they may be comfortable, but they are the ugliest friggin' shoes ever created. They are definitely the Prius of shoes!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast