Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: MONORAIL SHOWDOWN (Educated Debate)

Is there away to fix the Mark VIIs to bring them online and offline faster? I thought we were promised to get a 4th train for the VII fleat? I do say that there are problems in effeicency at DtD station because they are at the other side of the resort and no one will notice if they slack except the entery greats who have to hold the guests at the bottom of the platform until the line disapates.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Re: MONORAIL SHOWDOWN (Educated Debate)

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Is there away to fix the Mark VIIs to bring them online and offline faster? I thought we were promised to get a 4th train for the VII fleat? I do say that there are problems in effeicency at DtD station because they are at the other side of the resort and no one will notice if they slack except the entery greats who have to hold the guests at the bottom of the platform until the line disapates.
    There's only so much they can do with a chassis that WDI didn't design right to begin with, and so I think they did what they could. Unfortunately, this also meant further lowering efficiency so the monorails wouldn't scrape the beamway into and out of the shop.

I don't know where the rumor started about a fourth train being built. It's don't think it's true. Of course, I hope I'm wrong because Disneyland badly needs it. As it is, when one monorail breaks down, there isn't another one to replace it to keep the wait times manageable.

What I don't understand is why Disneyland would cut the number of vehicles of an attraction as part of an "upgrade". Could you imagine if every attraction reopened from a refurbishment with fewer vehicles than they started with? Given the amount of riders one monorail vehicle carries, the Monorail is not an attraction that can afford this type of cut.

The Disneyland Railroad recently added the Ward Kimball as a fifth engine. That said, why is the Monorail any different when it comes to maintaining rider efficiency in the midst of regular maintenance and chronic technical issues?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123